Coffee !!!!!

TheRambler

Lil-Rokslider
I have used via for a number of years, but have recently gone back to a french press. I just find it way better and more satisfying. The extra 30 seconds of cleanup isn’t a big deal to me.

Blue72

WKR
I roast coffee beans too

Once you have fresh roast. You could never buy store bought coffee again. That stuff is stale. I didn’t know fresh roasted coffee only lasts a week until I started roasting.

BCSojourner

Lil-Rokslider
A really good camp coffee is Kicking Horse-'Kick Ass' dark roast. A 2.3 lb bag is about $29 on Amazon. I grind and vacuum seal the beans and use a 50 oz REI insulated press in camp (2-4 guys). Only takes a few minutes and is premium java!

mvrk28

WKR
Wow does nobody use Kuju? Kuju is hands down my favorite. I tried dark timber and didn’t care for it. I settled on Kuju and won’t be changing.

I went through a few pour over and press contraptions over the years. My favorite was a plastic insulated mug that had a press lid and a regular lid. I used that until I moved on to via.

I am going to try the black rifle stuff for an upcoming trip. SOF vet owned. Pro 2A. Could be the via killer.

0.11oz of coffee per the package. Just a hair over that total per my scale.
1fc48e0f89cd5f843d6440d07ed92acf.jpg

LostArra

WKR
What's the process you use to roast your coffee beans?

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

This should get you started. A West Bend Poppery II off ebay and some green coffee beans is all you need to get begin. Sweet Marias is a great supplier.

I've used a poppery II for many years and eventually burned up a few but they work as well as they dedicated hot air roasters. I have a drum roaster but it's only advantage is batch size.

https://legacy.sweetmarias.com/library/how-to-roast-your-own-coffee

Last edited:
I been using Via but might try Bustelo or Black Rifle this year for a change.
I was surprised how ok the Via was. Pretty good for instant.

jasonhul

Lil-Rokslider
Bought some Dark Timber Vapor packs. So good! That Mt Baker Mocha will be with me this year. Even at work if I need a quick cup. Have done the Vias previously but didn't enjoy them at all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

For Aeropress fans I heard there a new travel Aeropress kit coming in August that packs nicely into a travel cup (included in kit). Probably won't please a hardcore weight weenie but looks like a compact setup.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk