Colonoscopy....

Yooper

WKR
I had my first done a few months ago at the age of 45. Few days of diet changes as mentioned above. Prep was simple. A few dulcolax pills and a bottle of miralax mixed with a few bottles of clear Gatorade. Was honestly expecting much worse. Procedure was quick and no discomfort. That first meal after the procedure was glorious! Peace of mind to follow was even better.

Have had two colonoscopies now (just under age 40) due to my Crohn's. The second one was just to check to see how thing have been since my previous one was about 6 years earlier - was feeling fine going into the second. Doc didn't find anything concerning related to cancer, but found enough ulcers in my colon to help devise a new treatment plan. Sharing to say that even when someone is feeling normal, it pays to get checked, especially since it's rather painless and straightforward.

bradb

WKR
It was simple as can be. Talked hunting with the Dr the entire time. He found a couple little things but thought all really looked good

Reactions: ODB

Walkstoomuch

Lil-Rokslider
I’m 46 and getting my first in a couple weeks. I did the cologard last year and my wife, who’s a nurse, was furious I didn’t pony up for the colonoscopy. Better safe than sorry

KenLee

WKR
Kudos, guys. You're killin' it with these posts.

Nobody likes to have this done, but after 50 (and earlier with family history and high risk cases) it's often a life saver.
My Daddy had colon problems at 35.
My first colonoscopy was at age 30. Dr was amazed at the # and size of polyps. I had the tests every year for 3 yrs, every 2 yrs the next 6 yrs, then moved to every 5 years. This year (25th year of testing) was the first go round without a polyp.
Glad I started early.

Stalker69

WKR
The worst part is drinking that crap. You'll never know you were violated, if they didn't tell yea.

They've lowered the recommended age, especially with a history of colon issues. It's a smart PMCS check IMO. More like a 30 level check than a 10 level - the grunts out there know what I mean.
I thought the prep and drinking the liquid was horrible while I was doing it, but man, after that stuff cleaned me out I felt great. It's a very thorough cleaning of your insides.

I get one every year. I like my doctor alot. I also try to to bring in a post vasectomy sample every few weeks, but now the security guard won't let me in the building.

Valkyrie

Lil-Rokslider
I’ll be 53 this week. Had one at 45 and 50. The prep sux but being sedated is nirvana. The last one I offered the doc 500$ for another two hours under the dope. He said that would be really cheap compared to the dragon I’d start chasing lol. He declined.