Colonoscopy....

The first “release” after my vasectomy was reason enough to do it lol, it’s like you get to be a virgin twice in a lifetime…. The first time and then the time after your vasectomy lol

It’s really not horrible the worst part is when the nurses are taping your manhood up to your stomach while talking about what they’re having for lunch….. like ladies at least act a little impressed!
I asked the doc if he counted all his instruments before he finished stitching me up. He just smirked and said, "I think we got 'em all."

bwidrick

Lil-Rokslider
Kudos for going thru with it. I put my first off for over a year...til 51. Really made it out to be much worse in my mind than it really was. Like others have said, the prep is the worst part; the procedure was nothing.

OP
Broomd

Broomd

WKR
Started my prep an hour ago for my first one tomorrow...family history and dad just had colon cancer (caught early) last Sept, so trying to get ahead of any problems.

Sent from my SM-F916U using Tapatalk
+1, timely thread then.....my mom is 85 but had part of her colon removed about a decade ago.

Hence the importance for both of us...

PNWGATOR

WKR
It’s an experience. The anticipation is worse than the procedure barring any complications.

Truly appreciate modern pharmacology, damn.

ToolMann

WKR
I have some digestive issues and had three colonoscopies and upper endoscopies before I was 30. I'm now 43 and on the 5 year plan. The best prep out there right now is the one you mix with Gatorade. That other stuff you mix into a gallon jug is like trying to get down a gallon of flavored dish soap. All of mine were uneventful until the last. I woke up in the middle of the procedure and could see my insides on the screen. Couldn't move or talk, but could hear and see. The nurse lady pumped a little more sleepy juice into the IV and I was back out.

Lvthntitall

Lil-Rokslider
Have more first one secluded for the and of July can’t say I’m excited about it. Maybe we should have tried to get a rockslide group discount?

LMT66

FNG
Witch-hazel wipes work very well for the last few glasses of go-lightly.
The worst part is the prep. Your in “twilight” for the procedure. I enjoy the nap.

For my prep meds I just got what they assigned me, but it's 2 doses of 12 tablets (Sutab) with water several hours apart, so nothing bad to taste if you don't minds swallowing pills.

Sent from my SM-F916U using Tapatalk

So, I had to take some sort of pills like 26-28 hours pre-procedure. Didn't really know what they were.

I had some planting to get done that morning, figured I could get it done before lunchtime when I needed to start on the clean you out stuff.

Yeah, I was wrong. On the half-hour drive back home in the tractor it hit.
More than once......

Sometimes you just got to grit and bear it, and keep waving to all those kids, while thinking them pull-ups would have been a good idea.

CorbLand

WKR
All you guys having to deal with shitting your brains out now know how some of us feel on a bi weekly basis. I should work on a book of all the close calls I have had.

PNWGATOR

WKR
Also, make sure to have your driver lined up!

Costco baby wipes with a very light touch and disposed of properly work wonders.

mmw194287

WKR
Mods, please move this thread to the over 60 section.
I know it's a joke (and this isn't meant to sound preachy), but I watched my best friend die of colon cancer in December 2021. 42 years old. They caught the cancer only once it had spread to his spine and fractured several vertebrae, followed by 14 months of hell. After all that, I'm almost looking forward to my first colonoscopy.

Montero

Lil-Rokslider
I have my first coloscopy coming up in March. I'm really motivated to take care of my health after my wife ( mid 50's) had a heart attack about a month ago and it has turned our lives upside down and side ways. She really is one of the healthiest humans I know...very fit and eats an extremely healthy diet. Hell she hiked at 10,000 ft day after day with me last November on my elk hunt. Anyway, now that she is on the mend, I'm motivated to do what it takes to make sure we both grow older.....together.

Mt Al

WKR
The prep day is a wet, wild ride! Watched two young people die of colon cancer, both were outside of the normal age range so that wasn't a preachy statement, but both had symptoms (bleeding, etc.) and waited and waited and then it was stage 4.

I won't go into details, but I'm very glad I had mine when I did. Have had one follow up and am overdue for the next one.