Colorado Application Extension

Vandy321

WKR
This is just another example of how CPW bureaucrats value profits over everything else.

AG8

Lil-Rokslider
700k sounds crazy, but I also read the email as 700k applications, not applicants. Between tags and points I turned in 7 applications myself. So I don’t think it is as nuts as everyone is predicting. That said, It is still something like a 20% increase over 2019, and I agree it’s BS. Fix the system and extend it to midnight for those on that day, rather than a mass email inviting a few thousand more folks to apply that were never on there in the first place

I think your onto something here.... over bitter, pretty awful coffee has the real potential of getting the government to do something useful..... nah, not even that would work probably. For the record i appreciate the game and fish folks i have worked with in my life, never a bad experience for me from them, cant say much for other branches

Back on topic, would be interested to see how many more applications they receive in these extra few days they tack on, and then i'd be curious if these warning emails go out in the future "we have extended the application deadline by 2 extra days!" because it worked so well to get people to spend their money
I'm not talking about game and fish employees. I'm talking about their bosses. Doing nothing doesnt work. Hard chargers got our archery seasons for us, without them we wouldn't have them. They did this by knocking on doors.

I see politics from a different light after 2020. Making a phone call doesnt work. I think we have all seen how in-person actions work successfully the past year or so (I can show many examples). That is the way forward.

cnelk

WKR
I used to wait until close to the deadline. This year I was a responsible grown up about it, and applied as soon as it opened. Within 2 weeks, I had 2 really awesome opportunities for tags I should have easily drawn if I would have waited. Oh well, you live and you learn.

You couldve modified your application

CMF

WKR
I don’t exactly see the problem with people applying on the last day - anything with a deadline is always going to statistically draw more applicants near the end, no matter the situation. I might add, many people are waiting on others to make decisions, debating application vs. preference point, or in my case, have loved ones with health issues that have been more top of mind and distracted me until the last minute. I wouldn’t take issue with applicants as much as I would with the system and how they steward the resources.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I agree, don't hate the player, hate the game.... I did get my CO done a week ago, but in 2019, I applied for NM with 20 minutes to spare, ....and drew

CMF

WKR
700k sounds crazy, but I also read the email as 700k applications, not applicants. Between tags and points I turned in 7 applications myself. So I don’t think it is as nuts as everyone is predicting. That said, It is still something like a 20% increase over 2019, and I agree it’s BS. Fix the system and extend it to midnight for those on that day, rather than a mass email inviting a few thousand more folks to apply that were never on there in the first place
Yea, If you figure applications, you have to consider all moose, sheep, goat, etc.
I started getting my daughter points this year for 5 big game species that will be several years from now and some she may never draw. Considering me and my wife have only been putting in deer and elk the last few years, our family applications more than doubled this year.
And this will have zero impact on OTC Elk....

I was struggling with giving up my points in Colorado the last couple months. I think I made the right choice to get out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Source/links?
It’s in the bill

Proposition 114 increases state spending by approximately $300,000
in state budget year 2021-22 and $500,000 in state budget year 2022-23 for public outreach and development of a gray wolf reintroduction plan. Beginning in state budget year 2023-24, spending will increase to about $800,000 per year for the implementation of the wolf reintroduction plan. Implementation costs will only be incurred if federal approval is received, or gray wolves are no longer listed as endangered and the state is able to begin its reintroduction plan.

Costs will be paid primarily from hunting and fishing license fees or appropriations made by the state legislature.

Actual state spending will depend on the details of the plan developed by the Colorado Parks and Wildlife Commission and the amount of livestock losses caused by wolves.[16]