Components shortages. Do you think it will end?

Panic buying, guilty as well.
Cut back in raw, and delays in manufacturing and then capitalism by all of the parties involved will keep things inflated and uneasy for a while o fear. Which is more panic buying.

I'm seeing more powders floating around. I'm only seeing small pistol and small rifles primers around here. Hoping to see more large rifle and large rifle magnum soon, I have heard of a few stores randomly getting them.

WCB

WKR
obviously stuff is starting to come back BUT manufacturers are still WAY behind on orders for a lot of offerings. The same way it disappeared off the shelves you will see it come back. rimfire, small rifle, pistol, large rifle....then Magnum rifle. That includes components and loaded rounds.

Will it go back to buy what you want when you want 24/7/365? I don't see that happening anytime soon. MAYBE 2024 is the best chance at that.

Will stuff continue to become more available YES...

will prices go back to what they were in 2017-2019? Not a snow balls chance in hell.

*zap*

WKR
After what just happened in Texas and the gun control talk it will bring about ya'll should buy what you can while you can. Prayers for those effected by that horrendous act.

Rich M

WKR
After what just happened in Texas and the gun control talk it will bring about ya'll should buy what you can while you can. Prayers for those effected by that horrendous act.
Crazy talk there Zap. But sounds a lot like common sense.

Siiighhh!

Yep just recieved 200 each 30/06 and .308 Remington brass , the hunt continues for large rifle primers, have some but some more is nice. In decent shape on a selection of bullets and powders.

Weldor

WKR
Have not seen any 69.99 primers here in AZ. everyone is still gouging. American reloading has plenty if you want to by 2000 or 5000, somewhere around 229.00 and 449.00.

I think primers will fall some more, but $45 at retailers will most likely be the norm, with 50-60 in the mom and pops. Powder will be in the $40-45 range and retailers around 35-40 once it all clears
What prices are now is the new normal no way they are going down wwishfull thinking

With the recent 2mass shootings in texas and ny
The panic buying and hoarding is inly gonna get worse prices are going up. Just watch
Ive got a 15+ years of components & powder on hand so i qont be affected

Sled

WKR
I certainly hope things get back close to normal but I'm not holding my breath. there will be all kinds of deals found at estate sales in the future.

I'm still looking for large rifle and lr magnum of any brand. Every time I get a notice, they're gone or they're $150 per 1000 before shipping and hazmat.

I've stopped shooting all but one rifle that I need to do load development on. Until primers come back it's cheaper to buy my ammo and shoot standard calibers.

NO, NEVER.... Companies are full of greed and they all just saw what they can charge and still sell product. Welcome to America.

NO, NEVER.... Companies are full of greed and they all just saw what they can charge and still sell product. Welcome to America.
And theres no greed when it comes to people buying it up.faster then it can be put on the the shelf right ? Supply & demand welcome to capiltalism
Its a great thing

And theres no greed when it comes to people buying it up.faster then it can be put on the the shelf right ? Supply & demand welcome to capiltalism
Its a great thing
Not even comparable.
Greed yes but not even on same level.

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

With the new Sig military rifle watch how scarce real primers get now.

Zappaman

WKR
Materials and Labor are certainly a factor, but the oligopoly of very FEW suppliers needs to be "broke" to get to back to "fair market" pricing. These few mfgs. have consolidated the market over years (bought out others, limiting production runs, etc.) while also blocking imports these last three years or so.

So the question is will NEW mfgs. enter this market (like Wolf and other off-shore makers did a decade ago) and by doing so, "push" the current FEW suppliers (selling at PREMIUM pricing today) back to something called "fair, open competition". When this happens, we'll see components back to reasonable pricing in a FAIR market. We haven't had that in the last 4 years or so.

I don't pretend to know when it might happen, or if it will. But when you have 3-4 primer makers all drinking $500 pours of scotch in DC with legislators blocking MANY imports (*that would love to come into the US) it's what it is today.

Don't pretend they were ever hurting when they sold 1k primers for $35- they were making money, but now they are printing it.

Locked on 100 Hornady 6.5. brass now need to find 450 Bushmaster brass and my reserve brass is up to snuff.

sneaky

"DADDY"
Not even comparable.
Greed yes but not even on same level.

Prices haven't gone up. The value of the dollar has gone down. It's gonna get worse. Olin/Win has a contract to produce the new 6.8 military round. That'll eat up some of their production capacity.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk