Concealed carry, how and what?

Kilboars

WKR
What are you guys caring for concealed weapon and how are you caring it?

I have a carrying permit and I’m getting more and more interested and packing heat when I’m out in public but don’t like having to wear larger pants to have it in my belt.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kobuk

Lil-Rokslider
For town I carry a Smith and Wesson 340 which is a lightweight 357 and it has a laser grip. I use 3 different holsters. For summertime with shirt tucked in I have a crossbreed in the pants holster which sounds like you don't want to deal with. For cooler weather where I have a jacket on or untucked shirt I wear an outside holster from el paso saddlery. It's leather and has straps with snaps so I can put it on and off without removing belt. Very comfortable. I also have a little pouch holster that I can drop into an outer coat pocket, back pocket or where ever. It's a cheepie but I use it a lot for quick trips. Everyone has an opinion on what type of gun etc for carry and I'm a fan of something light and comfortable because then I will have it with me. Doesn't do any good if you won't wear it. There are lots of choices for guns and holsters, get something you you'll be willing to carry!

Maki35

WKR
My conceal carry is a M&P Shield or a snub nose revolver appendix carry. I use to carry IWB strong side.
(My woods gun is different & different carry position.)

You have to figure out what's best for you... how and what you would like to carry.

Haggin

Lil-Rokslider
Kimber compact 1911 in condition 1, leather holster (IWB or OWB depends) by Bullard, reload in left pocket. Sometimes I'll carry a full size 1911 to change it up.

I personally carry a springfield hellcat appendix with a crossbreed holster that I plan on swapping for a tier 1 agis and didn't have to change pants or belt size. I am as the Dr puts it morbidly obese and don't have any issues with it giving me pressure points unless I'm in the car for extended amounts of time. My opinion is find something that will go bang when you pull the boom lever and then get any holster. Everyone has their opinion and everyone's opinion is wrong for you not saying that to be a jerk but body shape profession how much you train to draw and shoot under any pressure will change everything.

Taurus 709 slim in a Foxx kydex holster in small of back when I am wearing pants with a belt. For gym shorts or jogging type pants, same gun with a cheap cloth uncle Mike’s in small of back.

If I know it will be a long day and not just running in and out of places, I plan to wear pants or shirts that you can wear a belt with. Small of back and I don’t even know it is there. Driving car or anything. Just do have to be a little more aware when bending over.

I could never get into appendix carry. I would rather shoot myself in the butt vs where the other would be pointing 😯

JohnnyB

WKR
Go to a local range and shoot several options. See what you shoot well (not necessarily what is most comfortable).

However you decide to carry, spend a lot of time drawing and reholstering unloaded.

You can buy a Stradivarius but that won’t make you a violinist.

Wib

Lil-Rokslider
Glock 29 Gen 4. Use both a soft and hard holster usually clipped on the back of my pants.

Highly recommend a good carry belt! It makes a big difference in comfort. Also a kydex holster with a claw helped me a lot.
I'm a skinny guy and carry appendix with a 9mm Shield and Red River Tactical holster. It's very comfortable and disappears.

Glock 27 with a crossbreed holster. I would recommend the horse hide over the cow. It doesn't absorb as much sweat.

Blackhawk spare mag carrier

caesAR15

Lil-Rokslider
Appendix carry, Glock 19, Dark Star Gear holster, Beltman bull hide leather belt with stiffener.

I always wrote off the guys who talked about the value of a dedicated gun belt. That was until I tried it. A high-quality, stiff, gun belt is a luxury. Don't overlook it. I'm now a believer and won't be going back to standard belts.

And most importantly: GET INSTRUCTION! Everyone thinks they can shoot, too few actually stress test themselves though. Carrying for self-defense is arguably the biggest responsibility one can take on. You owe it to yourself to have a clue about what you're capable of and where your limits are. A good carry class with a respectable instructor is a better investment (by orders of magnitude) than any belt, holster, or do-dad out there.

Last edited:

Apollo117

WKR
Ruger LCP2 in a Desantis pocket holster. I wear a Hank's belt too.

The above works for me in the Texas heat.

Full disclosure, I consider the LCP2 a temporary gun that I can use before I reach a long gun or full sized pistol.