Convince me Crispi makes a top quality boot ...

I wear Alico Summits, uninsulated. Handmade in the Italian Alps. Best boot I ever wore and ive worn plenty. Takes a bit to break them in but they then fit like a glove. I have these about 7 years and many hundreds of hard miles. Not so easy to get though as few are imported and right now no known dealers. I want to get another pair if I could. My other boots are Lowa's and they are great boots too..but stiff.

mtwarden

Super Moderator
Staff member
I Can I ask what makes the Salewa better? I own a pair, love them, but I love my others also.

Ummm- nothing :D

I've had tried a couple of Salewa's- quality made boot, but no higher quality than the others mentioned. They didn't fit me, if they fit you probably a good choice.

Jhall12

FNG
The bulk of my experience with boot longevity is with Lowa. I've worn the living crap out of a set of Tibets from the mountain tops in AK sheep country to the jagged rocks of Southern New Mexico. They look like they were stuffed into a bag of angry bobcats, but the sole is still together and they are still wearable.

I also have a pair of insulated Lowa Bighorns that are as comfortable as any mountain boot I've worn. I've used them mostly for wet hunts on Kodiak for deer and interior AK for moose. They are wearing well and they are leak free, but I haven't abused them nearly as hard as the Tibets. I will use these for my goat hunt on Kodiak this September.

I bought my first pair of Crispi Altitudes last year for scouting and hunting mule deer in Utah and New Mexico. The first year was a success with them. Nothing weird fit wise and they never leaked.
How late into the year were you able to keep wearing your Altitudes?

bowhuntercoop

Lil-Rokslider
Love mine. Have a 5 year old pair of Thor that have been solid. Have a pair of summits I’ve been wearing this spring and summer, like them so much bought a back up pair since they are discontinued. I’m very happy with the quality of their boots.

deertrout

Lil-Rokslider
I'm on year 5 with crispi Idaho GTX. I wear em for everything, hunting, hiking, backpacking, and even wore em to work every day for a year or so. Still going strong though the tread of the bottom of the soles is finally showing signs of wear. This will probably be my last season with them.

I was in Asheville NC for work a couple of weeks ago and got in a few decent evening hikes with my Altitudes. Not huge mileage at about 13 total miles, but about 3k feet of climb and some really rocky wet off camber granite in spots and they gripped amazingly well. No issues at all with blisters or hot spots. I think the will work for what I want to do.

Artloeb1.jpg

fatlander

WKR
Boots are so subjective. What one person loves, others will despise. The only way to know if boots work for you is to try them.

I went through a lot of quality boots until I found that schnees fit MY feet the best. I hunt a lot with 3 other guys. Each one of us prefers a different boot brand. The only catastrophic failure we’ve collectively experienced in boots over the past 5 years was a pair of Irish setters. Schnees, lowa, zamberlan, and crispi are what each of us has settled on, and they’ve been great for each of us, respectively.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jhall12

FNG
Boots are so subjective. What one person loves, others will despise. The only way to know if boots work for you is to try them.

I went through a lot of quality boots until I found that schnees fit MY feet the best. I hunt a lot with 3 other guys. Each one of us prefers a different boot brand. The only catastrophic failure we’ve collectively experienced in boots over the past 5 years was a pair of Irish setters. Schnees, lowa, zamberlan, and crispi are what each of us has settled on, and they’ve been great for each of us, respectively.

I don’t know which Schnees you prefer but I have some Beartooths in 13s that don’t have a season on them yet. Bought them to break in for this fall but just cannot get on the same page with my feet. Make you a good deal on them.

fatlander

WKR
I don’t know which Schnees you prefer but I have some Beartooths in 13s that don’t have a season on them yet. Bought them to break in for this fall but just cannot get on the same page with my feet. Make you a good deal on them.

Not my size, but thanks for the offer. I just got a new pair of beartooths this spring. I’ve got an old pair of granite pros that just won’t die and a pair kestrels.

Jgann19

FNG
It's old thread but struck a nerve! I know people like what they like but if it doesn't work for you doesn't mean it's a bad product! Another year on these Thor II GTX's and they been put through it!!!! I am a fan of Crispi boots! Go for what your comfortable with....

Attachments

• 20230703_185156.jpg
    20230703_185156.jpg
    388.8 KB · Views: 42

Jgann19

FNG
I really do like the boots! I have the new Lapponia II GTX and the new altitude that don't fit and I'll be selling those on here later, but I still stick with Crispi because they seem to fit my weird feet the best!!! The Vortex boot...thats great! Good stuff...

chrism07

FNG
I have had the Crispi Nevada's for like 7 or 8 years now and love them. Only negative i'd say is the leather has kind of dried out at this point and they squeak. I'm sure that is just me not properly oiling them and taking care of them. But have never had a more comfortable boot.

clem

FNG
I just sadly returned a pair of Crispi Nevadas. "Sadly" because they seemed to be built great, suuuuper comfy right out of the box, and lots of ankle support. But they were absolute murder on my heels. Great boot but my feet just didn't like them.

jj554

Lil-Rokslider
I wear Alico Summits, uninsulated. Handmade in the Italian Alps. Best boot I ever wore and ive worn plenty. Takes a bit to break them in but they then fit like a glove. I have these about 7 years and many hundreds of hard miles. Not so easy to get though as few are imported and right now no known dealers. I want to get another pair if I could. My other boots are Lowa's and they are great boots too..but stiff.
They are great boots. I'm in the same boat, waiting to find a retailer. They show up on Sierra Trading Post every so often and they sell out quickly. I just do a search on Sierra every other week to see if I can catch the new inventory.

mtwarden

Super Moderator
Staff member
Just got back from 12 days in the Brooks Range with several really tough days (including a 20-ish hour pack out), I can now declare the Briksdal's GTG :)

Sore bottoms of my feet on the pack out, but both guides were experiencing that too. Never even a hot spot that I had to tape and the grip of the outsoles on rock was very good.

As I've said before fit first.

I have a pair of Crispi Colorado's and they are super comfy for my feet. I wear them everyday. And I wear them for early season stuff, like antelope, archery deer, rifle deer. I step up my boot game when I hit elk season or I'm in high mountains. For those trips I wear La Sportiva Grand Dru Boots.
These Boots are what work for me. I have a whole tub of boots I've worn and used.
Best advice for footwear, bite the bullet spend the money and try them out. When you find a pair you like buy two and don't look back.

Backcountry_Preacher

Lil-Rokslider
Classified Approved
I love mine! I’m on year 3 of a pair of Crispi Nevada’s non-insulated. Idk how many miles I’ve put on them but they’re still in great shape. I can’t say that I’ve used every other boot brand to compare but when it’s finally time to buy new boots, I’ll buy another pair.