Cooper Tires

Anyone running any version of the Cooper Discoverer? Some good deals for Black Friday and I may grab a set for the Sequoia. If not good, what are you guys running on 75% highway-25% offroad large SUV tires?

check out the new BFG Trail Terrain. kind of a hybrid between the KO2's & highway tire. Just put a set on my work truck for the same application 75 / 25

NB7

WKR
I put the Discoverer S/T Maxxs on my truck this year prior to our trip to CO. 35x12.5x20s.
Still a pretty aggresive tread without being too loud or obnoxious for the highway travel. Little more than you want for all highway all the time, but their ply rating (10 I think) and meat was comforting when we hit some of the nasty stuff.

N.ID7803

WKR
Anyone running any version of the Cooper Discoverer? Some good deals for Black Friday and I may grab a set for the Sequoia. If not good, what are you guys running on 75% highway-25% offroad large SUV tires?
Anywhere in particular you see a good sale? I love my AT3 XLT's and also have a set of the discontinued M+S.

dsotm

Lil-Rokslider
AT3 XLT on my Tundra, they've been pretty good. Had Hankooks on my last truck that punctured if they even saw a rock.

mxgsfmdpx

WKR
The AT3's are awesome! While I know they may be on sale, if you have a local Big O Tires near you, the Big O Bigfoot AT tires are made by Cooper and are their AT3's with different branding. Same exact tire and comes with Big O's much better warranty, they are also way cheaper for the same tire.

elkguide

WKR
Had the AT's and they were fantastic for 10,000 miles but after the second rotation, there was no way that they would stay in balance. Tire store said that they were the only set that they had had a problem with, but they were totally baffled as to why they wouldn't stay in balance.

Solved the problem.....
sold the truck!

id_jon

WKR
I've had AT3 XLTs on my duramax for a year and a half, zero complaints. Have the st maxxs on my toyota pickup for around 5 months now, also no complaints. Think I might stud them before winter really gets here.

I've been running AT3's on two different F-150's for probably 8-10 years with zero complaints. I always get the 10 ply, check pressures, and rotate them at every oil change (4k miles). I guess my only complaint is that my 2018 F150 has 20" wheels and the tires are a lot more expensive than my 2010 with 17's!

thej5

FNG
I just installed the AT3s on my excursion at the recommendation of my friend who used to be a pro off-road driver…he really spoke highly of them, and so far so good burning in the first 2000 miles with a little snow, ice, hauling on ice and then drove them right over a catalytic converter lying on the road (that one obviously not by choice).

ODB

WKR
I've had AT3 XLTs on my duramax for a year and a half, zero complaints. Have the st maxxs on my toyota pickup for around 5 months now, also no complaints. Think I might stud them before winter really gets here.

It’s funny, but it looks like people are hot or cold with the AT3 on snow. Some swear by them some swear at them. Can’t figure why the disparity.

bonehed67

FNG
I have the Rugged Treks on my '20 Silverado. Have 12xxx miles and they are wearing very well. I rotate them every 4k and keep a close on psi.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

TheHammer

WKR
We install 2-20 at3 s a week here. They are a great tire. I think the reason for the difference in snow reviews is due to the siping and lug ribs being non existing after 1/2 tread. New they are great in snow! But who is putting new tires on annually/ every 20k? I put 35k a year on and 2 new tires every mid August for elk season, out of the thousands of customers we have here idk anyone who does that besides landscape/plow companies. All in all it’s a durable tire, that serves its purpose.

Yes. I have about 10k on a set of 4- 275/70/18 Discoverer AT3 XLT (e-rated). Fantastic tires so far:

-60k mileage warranty
-Very low road noise
-Great dry traction on pavement and dirt and don't throw rocks too bad (i live on gravel)
-Great wet traction
-Great deep snow and mud traction (spent 7 days on WY FS roads two weeks ago after 10-12" fresh snow)
-Great rock and boulder traction
-Great ice traction
-Great sidewall protection from rocks and snags when going through uneven terrain and washouts

I have nothing but good things to say about these tires.

I've been running AT3's on two different F-150's for probably 8-10 years with zero complaints. I always get the 10 ply, check pressures, and rotate them at every oil change (4k miles). I guess my only complaint is that my 2018 F150 has 20" wheels and the tires are a lot more expensive than my 2010 with 17's!
I had stock 22s and sold them. Put on a set of 18" Ram takeoffs. Cheaper with much taller sidewall.