count down to a Pig hunt

Sorry to hear you got f***** over....... been there felt that once again it happen this year.

This guy is "that" guy......sadly there's a few of them on here

Now the air compressor makes perfect sense.
Oh man, I am way better off not hunting that ranch, in so many ways. Granted, my pigs come the hard earned way, once again, but that is certainly not the end if the world.

Sorry to hear its happened to you.

MJB

WKR
I'm good.......it's better to find out now than later.

But for people that post this BS without accountability......... I have an issue.

One should look within themself when they screw over a friend on how that feels!

Bubble is a great hunting partner...best I've known and he helps people all the time. All that good karma has kept him in the bacon. He doubles often. He's purely nonfiction.

Garys hogs.jpg

I'm good.......it's better to find out now than later.

But for people that post this BS without accountability......... I have an issue.

One should look within themself when they screw over a friend on how that feels!
Completely agree!

The one that hurts is that I took this same guy (the OP), to my deer honey hole. t was an overnight backpack hunt. All he needed was his own personal gear and food. We packed in to my camp. He was spent so on my advice, we did not do an evening hunt despite having the time. He simply needed to recuperate. Got up and got him set up in a premium spot just before sun up. I knew the rut had started, so I sprayed some doe in heat urine. The wind was perfect and carried it down a canyon. This resulted in the Op getting the most mature buck of his life.

He (the OP) asked me if he could post a pic and do a write-up. I told him yes, but crop the pic so it doesn't give the spot away, and same with the write up. He posted an un-cropped picture (see his avatar) and described the place exceptionally well, resulting is that spot being blown out now that other hunters have discovered it, from his post. The reason it hurts, is that the place has some trophy potential some years, and I generally hold out for mature bucks. With all the pressure the spot gets now, the place has been reduced to a spike and fork bucks only, and they can be difficult to find now. These bucks just move over to the private now.

But hey, it's not my only honey hole.

OMG! I didn't know about this. You have taken me there a few times and the deer were all over. Can't believe Bad Santa completely pooched that honey hole. It was "work" to get to and largely untouched. I've met some asshats before but this guy is to slob hunting what Joe Biden is to politics. Good Lord.

BADSANTA.GIF

Last edited:

Carpenterant

Lil-Rokslider
This thread is funny. I remember reading the Santa thread and now this one I can’t help but chuckle.

Go ahead, laugh at our misfortune. It is kinda funny but damn, at a certain age people should know better. I'll bet dollars to donuts Bubblehide ended up having to field dress and pack that deer out for OPAH given his frail state and many health issues. Bubble is that kinda guy. He'd give ya the shirt off his back in the snow. We've gone on several adventures together, he's one of a kind.

I guess this is the only wisdom we can draw from this guy's bad behavior.

EmilysQuotes.Com-disappointedthinkpeopleheartrelationshipfeelingsunknown.jpg

Last edited:

Carpenterant

Lil-Rokslider
I’m sure you guys will be sitting around a fire someday having a good chuckle as well. Let me tell you about Santa, ya and then he did this, can’t believe him, etc.

Go ahead, laugh at our misfortune. It is kinda funny but damn, at a certain age people should know better. I'll bet dollars to donuts Bubblehide ended up having to field dress and pack that deer out for OPAH given his frail state and many health issues. Bubble is that kinda guy. He'd give ya the shirt off his back in the snow. We've gone on several adventures together, he's one of a kind.

I guess this is the only wisdom we can draw from this guy's bad behavior.

EmilysQuotes.Com-disappointedthinkpeopleheartrelationshipfeelingsunknown.jpg
Yep, your correct. I field dressed and deboned the animal, packed it back to camp for him, because he was still spent. We ate at camp, hydrated, and he was still spent. So I packed the deboned meat out the 5 miles to the truck. I'll never forget, on the last decent to the truck (it was steep) Bad Santa slid on his ass the entire way down, because, as he told me, he could no longer stand, he was that spent. I did not asked for any meat, nor did I receive any.

"give the shirt off his back in the snow" I forgot about that. It was hail not snow, but you were there to see me do just that.

I’m sure you guys will be sitting around a fire someday having a good chuckle as well. Let me tell you about Santa, ya and then he did this, can’t believe him, etc.
Been there and done that, but I am sure it will happen again.

Your drinking Santa reminded me that he often arrived to camp drunk and wreaking like cheap beer. I remember him looking like he was to drunk to walk one evening, and wanting to go for an evening hunt. He was not happy when I told him he has to stay in camp, but there is no way I am going to risk my life or that of others with an armed drunkard out in the field while I or others are hunting.

Oh jeez...I had forgotten I shared some of the good stuff with him too. Augh!

View attachment 364999
You shared that stuff with me too, once, must have been the same trip. I remember it was damn good. But God Bruce, a $50.00 cigar and some Gran Patron shared with Bad Santa. Bruce, you really need to look in the mirror and ask yourself, Self, what the Fu#* is wrong with you. But then I should do the same.

You shared that stuff with me too, once, must have been the same trip. I remember it was damn good. But God Bruce, a $50.00 cigar and some Gran Patron shared with Bad Santa. Bruce, you really need to look in the mirror and ask yourself, Self, what the Fu#* is wrong with you. But then I should do the same.

Dude...we buried a bottle of Gran Patron Burdeos and a bottle of your favorite rum along with beers in deer camp one June when cutting & stashing wood for hunting season (so it would dry out over summer). Don't you remember? We dug a pit and then laid a huge flat rock over it and called it the beer fridge. And we did the same thing on that trout trip in the Sierras. A little libation and a cigar before crawling into my tent or hammock makes it easier to fall asleep.

Come to think of it, that was the year I secretly hid a half dozen filet mignon steaks and Starbucks double espressos in your pack. The look on your face when you opened your pack was unforgettable! Good times.

Attachments

• P1010917.JPG
    P1010917.JPG
    309.5 KB · Views: 53
  • 075.JPG
    075.JPG
    748 KB · Views: 53
  • 088.JPG
    088.JPG
    466.1 KB · Views: 50
  • 070.JPG
    070.JPG
    626.9 KB · Views: 50
  • P1010915_zps94ce28d2 (1).jpg
    P1010915_zps94ce28d2 (1).jpg
    111.7 KB · Views: 49
  • P1010902_zpsab70c63e.jpg
    P1010902_zpsab70c63e.jpg
    107.5 KB · Views: 48
  • hangfood.jpg
    hangfood.jpg
    137.1 KB · Views: 51
Yes, those were great trips. But our indulgences took place when we were done done for the evening and not toting weapons around the forest, with the exception of you wickedly sharp mind.