Covid Booster

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vandy321

WKR
Hopefully it wasn't kool-aid. Yep 2.5 doses. I understand why some don't like vaccines, especially this one. I have had terrible asthma only with colds and flu and do as much as I can to avoid getting sick. However, I still go out and do all the things I want to.
I am happy you made a decision that you felt was best for you. Everybody should be allowed to make their own decisions regarding what's best for their health. Unfortunately, that is not the case today with vaccine mandates and it's appalling to see so many clambering to push this shot into the arms of their peers.

Pocoloco

Lil-Rokslider
I haven't been boosted yet but I absolutely will before my next international hunt.

Myocarditis risk from the vaccine is anywhere from 1 in 6,000 to 1 in 40,000 (from peer-reviewed studies).

Risk of severe Covid, depending on demographic, is about 1 in 100 to as low as 1 in 1,000.

For me its not a difficult decision when considering the overwhelming majority of those who have died are unvaxxed. I am getting tired of reading stories and GoFundMe pages when Covid deniers and anti-vaxxers die off with their families asking "how did this happen??" Sorry, but I am running real low on empathy.

The vaccine was not distributed until this year and not widely distributed until middle of the year, and even now only slightly above 50 percent vaccinated so it is obvious why the majority of deaths occurred in vaccinated. We have two close family friends die of covid, neither young nor healthy, one vaccinated one was not.

If you take the stats they spew at face value I have some land to sell you… waterfront property I assure you.

Pocoloco

Lil-Rokslider
I have been double boosted. I'm appalled that the nurse working that vaccine center at Walmart wouldn't let my 4.5 year old son to be boosted. What if he gets long covid! Ive got very little sleep the past few days and been watching the news to see how close omicron is getting to my city.

You flat earthers better be ready for your turn on a ventilator! Just turn on the news and you can see many dozens of you stupid unintelligent people being wheeled into and ICU. Think of the nurses that have to deal with these sick people every day. Do you think they went to all that schooling just to treat sick people? Do you really think that the past director of the FDA who is now on the board of directors for Pfizer would want to put as much of their product into people and children as possible? You stupid paranoid fools!
All of my 4 sisters and all of their families got covid, no one on a ventilator but all healthy. My sisters kids just recovered from the new variant and my brother in law has it, symptoms about as bad as what most of you described as getting the shot, so stop stressing out, this is not delta. Just to blow your world, our friends visited them just before they came down with it and they all got it, same symptoms despite being fully vaccinated

alaska_bou

Lil-Rokslider
The vaccine was not distributed until this year and not widely distributed until middle of the year, and even now only slightly above 50 percent vaccinated so it is obvious why the majority of deaths occurred in vaccinated. We have two close family friends die of covid, neither young nor healthy, one vaccinated one was not.

If you take the stats they spew at face value I have some land to sell you… waterfront property I assure you.
"The vaccine was not distributed until this year and not widely distributed until middle of the year, and even now only slightly above 50 percent vaccinated so it is obvious why the majority of deaths occurred in vaccinated."

Its actually over 60% in this country that are vaccinated, and pretending the majority of deaths are vaccinated is laughable. Are we just making $hit up now?

NoWiser

WKR
Side effects for the Pfizer booster for me were about 50% what they were for my second dose. Felt a bit crappy for a day. No big deal. I was very much exposed Christmas Eve to Covid. So far no symptoms.

WCB

WKR
"The vaccine was not distributed until this year and not widely distributed until middle of the year, and even now only slightly above 50 percent vaccinated so it is obvious why the majority of deaths occurred in vaccinated."

Its actually over 60% in this country that are vaccinated, and pretending the majority of deaths are vaccinated is laughable. Are we just making $hit up now?
if you can't tell that it was an accident when he wrote "the majority of deaths occurred in vaccinated" you can't be helped. context clues.

Broomd

WKR

When you've lost this liberal dbag,....

And all of them are triple vaxxed.

No vaccine is 100% safe, but yeah, your right. It is much more likely that our government, and virtually all of the world's governments, are secretly conspiring to put money in Pfizer's pocket at the expense of our own population. Make sure you don't get too close to the edge of that flat Earth...

Nice try but understanding that the world is actually some degree of a plutocracy where individuals who control institutions and increasingly centralized autocratic governments often do many of the things they do in wanton greedy self-interest and thus do not automatically deserve blind trust does not equal flat-earther. There are terms for the kind of gaslighting you did there. CNN would be proud of your extrapolation and happy borrow that line of reasoning from you next time they dehumanize a segment of the population though.

I read about 4 more international soccer stars/future stars dropping dead from heart attacks this last week. Have you seen that?
Last month I read that 17 well-known soccer players had died from heart failure. These are all men 20-35 in their prime. That's really a shocking stat whoever you are and whatever you believe.

The MSM won't cover that and it's sickening.

I'm curious if there is a vax status on all of these soccer players? I've seen reputable folks acknowledge that myocarditis is believed to be a real side effect of vax in a very small percentage of healthy young people. It came with the qualifier that myocarditis can be a COVID side effect as well and the odds of having the complications from a vaccine are less than an unvaxxed person getting it as a side effect from COVID.

One example is the MN Wild's highly anticipated stud 1st round draft pick last year Marco Rossi had myocarditis as a COVID side effect and it about killed him. This was pre-vax.

I haven't researched enough to have a stance on it. It just seems to be rare that the whole story is being shared. Myocarditis is being caused by Vax and by COVID, be nice to know how being vaxxed vs not plays into it as a whole not just whether it is a real side effect of vax.

CoStick

WKR
I read about 4 more international soccer stars/future stars dropping dead from heart attacks this last week. Have you seen that?
Last month I read that 17 well-known soccer players had died from heart failure. These are all men 20-35 in their prime. That's really a shocking stat whoever you are and whatever you believe.

The MSM won't cover that and it's sickening.
So it would seem soccer is incredibly bad for the heart?

Broomd

WKR
So it would seem soccer is incredibly bad for the heart?
Nah, that's probably overstated. But It's hard on the heart for some. imho. 5-6 miles of constant stop/start/sprint. Think about it...it's unlike any other sport.
If the vax somehow compromises the heart muscle even slightly it seems realistic that heart attacks or issues could appear.

Has anyone had their covid booster? If so, how did it compare to 1st and 2nd vaccine dose?
I had Moderna for first two doses. Mild fever for 24 hrs and muscle aches for about 2-3 days

Got the Moderna booster (which is half strength of original). Sore arm for 3 days was only side effects. Much less than original.

Vandy321

WKR
Question for the group...

If Omicron is extra contagious yet also very mild (1 death in US and a handful in Europe, at best). So mild in fact that they have to explain to us the nuance of distinguishing between omicron and the common cold. Is this not the chance to reach herd immunity safely? Why not just stop the booster push and let it Omicron run its course?

Seems to be no worse than a cold in the vast majority of cases. Sorry, but I'm not seeing a valid reason to continue with the vaccine push/mandates with Omicron.

The only logical explanation is...there is no money to be made in herd immunity/natural antibodies.

Status
Not open for further replies.