Covid Booster

Status
Not open for further replies.

WKR
True for some. My point is that MDs do not know what to tell a patient about diet other than…. Lose weight and exercise. They were not taught nutrition. And terrible nutrition is by far the reason they have patients to begin with. Then the hospital continues to feed said patients the vegetable oil buttery spread poison. Facts.

Basic nutrition is taught throughout public education, including medical school. Your assertion that "MD"s do not know what to tell a patient about diet other than... Lose weight and exercise" is false. Basic nutrition can likely be summed up in 3-5 sentences anyway. Nutrition science is not complicated unless being fine tuned for specific pathology or performance goals.

I have been a provider for 18 years and have extensive training in nutrition. I've counseled patients for over a decade I can tell you, based on first hand experience, that it's mostly a waste of time. Patients don't have a knowledge problem, they have a behavior problem. Most of them know, at least on some very basic level, the lifestyle changes that are needed to improve their health. The vast majority are simply unwilling to do it.

I have a young Registered Dietician in my office. She's dismayed at the fact that her patients, who pay her quite well, simply don't do the most basic things she teaches them. I fear that she will probably quit healthcare as a result of the frustration of dealing with people. She spent years gaining the knowledge and skills of nutrition, but her day to day work is more like babysitting noncompliant adults

Hospital nutrition does tend to be a disaster though, I'll agree with you there.

MudHunter

FNG
Moderna jab victim here, my wife too. The first dose was no symptoms, 2nd dose floored both of us for 24-36hours with very sore arms, 3rd dose booster was a mild kick in the pants for 10ish hours.
I didn't love the idea of getting the vaccines but we have an infant daughter and her doctors strongly recommended it. Certainly glad we did get the shots though, everyone in my family that I have daily contact with is sick and we are not (maybe positive, just symptom-free).

chindits

WKR
Moderna 1 st nothing, 2nd felt hung over, booster no issues.

I left L. E. for something less stressful and to reduce my personal liability. I now work full time in an airport around thousands of passengers and in the winter I’m on a public bus working a couple days of my 3 day weekend. Right now our local positivity rate is 1:40. It’s good to be lucky but I’ll boost my odds when I can.

Sapcut

WKR
Basic nutrition is taught throughout public education, including medical school. Your assertion that "MD"s do not know what to tell a patient about diet other than... Lose weight and exercise" is false. Basic nutrition can likely be summed up in 3-5 sentences anyway. Nutrition science is not complicated unless being fine tuned for specific pathology or performance goals.

I have been a provider for 18 years and have extensive training in nutrition. I've counseled patients for over a decade I can tell you, based on first hand experience, that it's mostly a waste of time. Patients don't have a knowledge problem, they have a behavior problem. Most of them know, at least on some very basic level, the lifestyle changes that are needed to improve their health. The vast majority are simply unwilling to do it.

I have a young Registered Dietician in my office. She's dismayed at the fact that her patients, who pay her quite well, simply don't do the most basic things she teaches them. I fear that she will probably quit healthcare as a result of the frustration of dealing with people. She spent years gaining the knowledge and skills of nutrition, but her day to day work is more like babysitting noncompliant adults

Hospital nutrition does tend to be a disaster though, I'll agree with you there.
Thanks. Agree like I said about some not willing but what are patients told about nutrition compared to take this pill? What do you mean by basic nutrition?

I walk into your office, you diagnose me with diabetes. What is your protocol for me?

I didn't love the idea of getting the vaccines but we have an infant daughter and her doctors strongly recommended it.
Not trying to pick a fight with you or pick on you, but I'm curious why having an infant daughter would be cause to get the vaccine? Children have been shown to be almost immune to this disease.

MudHunter

FNG
Not trying to pick a fight with you or pick on you, but I'm curious why having an infant daughter would be cause to get the vaccine? Children have been shown to be almost immune to this disease.
I could have been more clear with the timing. We got the booster with an infant, got fully vaxxed while MRS was pregnant. The doctors said covid was a very serious threat to pregnant women so we went for it.

The risk of myocarditis from a number of studies that are all available online are 1 in 6,000 to about 1 in 40,000, and you reference a 2% chance (1 in 50) of severe illness or death with covid if you are unvaxed. If you work off of logic, reason and probabilities it isn't hard to weigh those two options.

Do you want to roll the dice with a 1 in 50 chance with severe covid or take a 1 in 6,000 chance with the vaccine? This is my entire point.

If you are worried about possible unknown side effects, I have to ask; do take any other medication that has possible side effects? Are you vaccinated for anything else? Do you smoke, chew, drink alcohol, consume artificial sweetners, and are aware of the long-term effects those pose?

Some of you are also forgetting the long-term damage including permanent organ damange many people have to live with after having covid.

Folks like you have such a binary response to Covid. Are you vaxxed or unvaxxed. "1 in 50 chance of severe illness or death with covid if you are unvaxxed". You should realize that this 2% chance is not evenly distributed amongst the population. Are you younger, in good health, not obese, no comorbidities, etc.? All of those things greatly reduce your chances of severe illness and death, well below 2%. Are you obese, smoker, multiple comorbidities, 70+ years of age, etc, well then your percentage is probably well above 2%.

Can you tell us all the percentage chance of long term vax side effects? No, no one can. As someone who doesn't have a lot of the risk factors, has had covid and responded well to it, and who is not elderly there seems to be a known risk of the likelihood of severe illness or death from covid (well, well below 2%) and an unknown risk of long term side effects from the vaccine. To me, it seems more risk adverse to take long odds on severe covid or death against unknown odds on vaccine side effects.

alaska_bou

Lil-Rokslider
Folks like you have such a binary response to Covid. Are you vaxxed or unvaxxed. "1 in 50 chance of severe illness or death with covid if you are unvaxxed". You should realize that this 2% chance is not evenly distributed amongst the population. Are you younger, in good health, not obese, no comorbidities, etc.? All of those things greatly reduce your chances of severe illness and death, well below 2%. Are you obese, smoker, multiple comorbidities, 70+ years of age, etc, well then your percentage is probably well above 2%.

Can you tell us all the percentage chance of long term vax side effects? No, no one can. As someone who doesn't have a lot of the risk factors, has had covid and responded well to it, and who is not elderly there seems to be a known risk of the likelihood of severe illness or death from covid (well, well below 2%) and an unknown risk of long term side effects from the vaccine. To me, it seems more risk adverse to take long odds on severe covid or death against unknown odds on vaccine side effects.
That 2% statistic wasn't mine, it was in response to someone else's, and I think most everyone knows the odds of a typical healthy adult are much lower than 2% of having severe covid.

And MudHunter made the right choice despite being asked such a daft question; for still unknown reasons, pregnant women are more susceptable to severe covid. And no, the vaccine does not cause any birth defects or fetilization issues.

Take a look at most current vaccinated vs unvaccinated statistics and there is a clear winner when it comes to which demographic is being admited to hospitals (and in many cases living with permanent organ damage, or dying altogether), and which demographic isn't. Then make your own choice. Its really that simple.

But in the end, flatEarthers would rather dismiss the thosands and thousands of qualified, UNBIASED doctors, epedimiologists and virologists who not under the eye of big pharma, big government, big anything, who have explained over and over again how these Mrna vaccines have been developed over the last 11 years, how they have been throughougly tested, how safe they are, and yet these science deniers and anti-vaxers will dismiss all that to listen to a single person like Dr. Malone who will tell them exactly what they want to hear and what they are TOLD to believe by personalities like tucker carlson.

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
Take a look at most current vaccinated vs unvaccinated statistics and there is a clear winner when it comes to which demographic is being admited to hospitals (and in many cases living with permanent organ damage, or dying altogether), and which demographic isn't. Then make your own choice. Its really that simple.
We already have made our own choice.......very simply. But some people just keep pushing and pushing the control agenda......trying to scare people into making the choice that they want us to make. That's not simple.......that's just very odd.

The numbers - 0.24% of the U.S. population has died from Covid over the last two years. That means that 99.76% of the population has NOT died from Covid........even using their inflated covid death numbers. 99.76% have NOT died.......I like those odds. Heck, I even like 90% odds, and we're WAY above those, so we have a ways to go to get to those odds. That does make the choice to be unvaccinated, unmasked, and never went away from our daily lives through all this simple. (y) And to think.........I made that analysis, the risk assessment, and my choices all on my own without the need to listen to or consult with anyone else.......including doctors or TV personalities........just like I do with everything in life. Not everyone needs their hands held.

Last edited:
Ivermectin has many benefits, just not for covid. The sad reality is that livestock supply stores ran out across the nation of this stuff because of misinformation and because rational doctors and nurse practicioners would not prescribe it. For all the anti-vaxers saying that the vacines "are not FDA approved" go look and read what the FDA says about ivermectin and covid.
That's simply not true.

Ivermectin is a protease inhibitor. It blocks the virus binding with cells.

The new drugs being released work through the exact same mechanism.

The main difference is ivermectin has 40 years of safe usage treating people and is no longer under patent.

The new drugs are more toxic, but more profitable.

2ski

WKR
That 2% statistic wasn't mine, it was in response to someone else's, and I think most everyone knows the odds of a typical healthy adult are much lower than 2% of having severe covid.

And MudHunter made the right choice despite being asked such a daft question; for still unknown reasons, pregnant women are more susceptable to severe covid. And no, the vaccine does not cause any birth defects or fetilization issues.

But in the end, flatEarthers would rather dismiss the thosands and thousands of qualified, UNBIASED doctors, epedimiologists and virologists who not under the eye of big pharma, big government, big anything, who have explained over and over again how these Mrna vaccines have been developed over the last 11 years, how they have been throughougly tested, how safe they are, and yet these science deniers and anti-vaxers will dismiss all that to listen to a single person like Dr. Malone who will tell them exactly what they want to hear and what they are TOLD to believe by personalities like tucker carlson.
I believe Tucker is vaccinated too, btw....

I could have been more clear with the timing. We got the booster with an infant, got fully vaxxed while MRS was pregnant. The doctors said covid was a very serious threat to pregnant women so we went for it.

Did they mention the increased risk of first trimester miscarriage from the vaccine?

alaska_bou

Lil-Rokslider
We already have made our own choice.......very simply. But some people just keep pushing and pushing the control agenda......trying to scare people into making the choice that they want us to make. That's not simple.......that's just very odd.

The numbers - 0.24% of the U.S. population has died from Covid over the last two years. That means that 99.76% of the population has NOT died from Covid........even using their inflated covid death numbers. 99.76% have NOT died.......I like those odds. Heck, I even like 90% odds, and we're WAY above those, so we have a ways to go to get to those odds. That does make the choice to be unvaccinated, unmasked, and never went away from our daily lives through all this simple. (y) And to think.........I made that analysis, the risk assessment, and my choices all on my own without the need to listen to or consult with anyone else.......including doctors or TV personalities........just like I do with everything in life. Not everyone needs their hands held.
Over 5 million people have died, millions of others have been effected physically or financially. You must not have a family, if you did I don't think you would have such a self-serving perspective of the world.

No booster but both Moderna jabs. Have not had a covid case that I am aware of.

What I'm reading is a lot of people thinking that vaccine will prevent you from getting covid which is a huge mistake and misunderstanding...

This really speaks to how uneducated and informed many people are with regards to the vaccine.

The vaccine will hopefully keep you out of the ICU or from getting very sick from the coronavirus, data support this.

On a side note, I think it takes a lot of courage to willingly get this vaccination.. I do honestly belive many who have not are actually scared of what they don't understand.

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
Over 5 million people have died, millions of others have been effected physically or financially. You must not have a family, if you did I don't think you would have such a self-serving perspective of the world.
My family all have the exact same perspective and risk tolerance on all this as I do.

Are you somehow implying that all of us are part of your family, since you're so interested in all of us getting vaccinated?

The funny thing is........I don't know a single person from my associations that is actively trying to persuade others to get vaccinated........even if they themselves got vaccinated (except for the guys on here that keep pushing that agenda). I guess I just hang with folks that believe in the freedom of choice........especially for one's own healthcare decisions.

You keep saying that the decision is simple given all the information we have (and I agree, as I posted above), yet you continue to push and push for a different decision from all of us. That's almost stalker-ish territory. A little creepy.

Status
Not open for further replies.