Critique my Backpack Hunt Gear List

E light as only light seems insane to me. Great little backup light to keep in bino harness though just in case…definitely lacking big time as a main headlamp though. Other then that seems like a solid list. I’d pare it down to 1 extra socks etc personally, and ditch dry bags in favor of a trash bag to throw everything in in case you get stuck in rain, trash bag can be used to put meat on while breaking down animal etc

OP
A

AKMoose

WKR
Ditch the sawyer bags and get a cnoc bag for your filter. They are made so much better and fit the sawyers.
Picking these up for next year!! Never knew about them
Backup water treatment tablets or drops?
Yeah good point, I do carry tablets for up to 15L of water as a backup to get me 3 days. Weights like 1/2oz

I have zero experience with AK, but looks like a solid list to me.

I also like blue shop towels and the CNOC bags (check threads, they sell one for Sawyer and one for BeFree).

Seems like a lot of dry bags considering you have a pack cover - maybe you could do with either/or? Not much weight, but it's there.

I wouldn't personally be comfortable with just the Havalon and would want a pocket knife for general use, but this doesn't sound like your first rodeo.

Seems like a ton of food (you know your body better than I do) and I don't see carried water.

I print these off and use them as a checklist when I'm packing; if doing that, make sure to list your tags so you don't step off without them. Good luck!
Yeah it is a lot of food and I was still hungry lol, I'm 220 thletic build and apparently my heater just runs all day.

Reactions: CJF
OP
A

AKMoose

WKR
Yep I got one on phone and one on Inreach.
E light as only light seems insane to me. Great little backup light to keep in bino harness though just in case…definitely lacking big time as a main headlamp though. Other then that seems like a solid list. I’d pare it down to 1 extra socks etc personally, and ditch dry bags in favor of a trash bag to throw everything in in case you get stuck in rain, trash bag can be used to put meat on while breaking down animal etc
I totally understand what you're saying, but I've hunted Alaska enough times in early August and never even pulled out the e-lite that I've considered not even bringing it. It's just bright enough to walk around all but 3 hours a day. I have crazy sweaty feet so 3 socks is a min for me to swap thought the day. Good call on adding a trash bag.