Defund the Police?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jeff68

FNG
This has nothing to do about race. Globalists want to remove our right to a fair trial judged by a jury of our peers. From the time you are read your Miranda rights until the verdict is rendered it is all procedural. By removing LE and the procedure and giving that authority to various "social programs" they want to bypass the courts. Think reeducation camps, IMHO

What do you say to young black men who are placed in cuffs during a routine traffic stop, when the same officer would not have cuffed a young white man? Don't tell me that doesn't happen either. There was a reason the woman in Central Park described the black birdwatcher to the 911 dispatcher as "An African American man" and not just "A man." Let's not be dishonest about the facts here.

Answer me one question on this. If you are patrolling an area where over 75% of your crime comes from a specific ethnicity/age, would you be more on guard with that group? I know there are racist cops and bad things happening, but you can’t say it is racist every time. Lots of times it is a percentage game. You reduce the highest percentage threat to keep yourself and everyone else safe.

I personally find the Buffalo incident with a 75 year old WHITE man being shoved to the ground equally unsettling as the George Floyd incident.

If that video doesn't change your mind on police brutality, nothing will. And you are unequivocally wrong.

The Orangutan in office claiming he took an exaggerated fall, and was in cahoots with Antifa, is about the 9000th last straw in proving he is mentally unfit for even the most menial local municipality level of leadership. I only use Orangutan because he is orange, as the usage is otherwise wildly offensive to the great apes.

His name is Martin Gagino, becareful who you hang your hat on

99C4D2E6-C5A0-4121-915E-2FC0C22D1BD7.jpeg

And if someone hadn't used deadly force in a situation where it was not authorized, we wouldn't be having this conversation either. Let's not lose focus here. People get arrested every hour of every day. That is not what is in question here, and it's not what people are protesting. The decision of the scum to use deadly force in an unauthorized way, is the origin of all this. Don't let yourself get distracted from that.

It’s exactly what’s it’s about, it is a series of tragic events, that all started with a choice.

The officers will stand trial for their parts in his death in their custody. At same time it all started with another person calling into 911 due to Floyd actions(transcripts been released)

Again why did he have to be taken out of the squad car and being restrained?

You are right, you should absolutely resist arrest, it’s always makes the situation less tense and if you resist enough they will let you go. 100% what we should be teaching our kids.

HONEYBADGER

Lil-Rokslider
Ok let me start by saying I totally support police officers but like society as a whole you have good people and bad - same as police officers. What frustrates me is the lack of accountability; the cop at the center of this latest incident has 18 formal complaints filed against him in 19 years. There is a good chance if he has 18 formal complaints there are probably 100's incidents if not more he got away with; question - why in the world was he still on the force? My wife asked me this and although I haven't been a police officer I have served 23 years in the military so I am sure blind loyalty, peer pressure etc. has a lot to do with this. You don't want to be known as 'that guy' that cant be counted on etc.

Without police there would be total anarchy; the folks crying for defunding don't need the police - they have their own security details, gated comminutes etc. The less fortunate in this world don't seem to be able to step back and notice the people advocating for this are just pandering to their emotions at the moment in hopes of possibly picking up a vote or two.

IDK - the world sure is upside down right now - we need elk hunting to straighten it up!

Minneapolis is a garbage city to work for that is why he was there. Any cop worth their salt leaves garbage departments like that and go somewhere better. You get what you pay and vote for in life and the same is true for cops. Minneapolis is a dumping ground because the only people they can get to do the job are rejects and problem officers who can't get jobs elsewhere. The city is run by incompetent elected officials, has been for decades.

I for one encourage liberal cities to defund their police, hurry up and do it, only catch is the citizens should not be allowed to move from there. They should be forced to wallow around in the dung pile their elected officials created. It will be Lord of the Flies in no time, might makes right, and they deserve every minute of it.

A lot of the issues have to be fixed from WITHIN the black community!

When such a small % of the population contributes to a large % of the total crimes it puts people on edge from the start. Is it right? Maybe not but it is what it is!

Yet, you hardly ever see these people ridiculing their own, they stick together no matter what and cover for each other whether right or wrong.

This country is probably the most equal there is that has the level of prosperity it does! There’s a reason The immigration of people into this country of ALL TYPES is much higher than the amount of people LEAVING!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
oh holy hell. "These people." seriously.

mtwarden

Super Moderator
Staff member
^ yeah it's certainly a sad time for LEO's; I'm fortunately near the end of my career- I really feel for newer officers

me thinks it's going to be a tough sell to recruit new officers :(

It’s exactly what’s it’s about, it is a series of tragic events, that all started with a choice.

The officers will stand trial for their parts in his death in their custody. At same time it all started with another person calling into 911 due to Floyd actions(transcripts been released)

Again why did he have to be taken out of the squad car and being restrained?

You are right, you should absolutely resist arrest, it’s always makes the situation less tense and if you resist enough they will let you go. 100% what we should be teaching our kids.
blaming the rape victim mentality right there.

Answer me one question on this. If you are patrolling an area where over 75% of your crime comes from a specific ethnicity/age, would you be more on guard with that group? I know there are racist cops and bad things happening, but you can’t say it is racist every time. Lots of times it is a percentage game. You reduce the highest percentage threat to keep yourself and everyone else safe.
Answer me one question on this. If you are patrolling an area with a predisposed bias against one specific ethnicity/age, who will you be more likely to suspect and focus on, and therefore arrest?

Man, I saw this in action when I wore a badge. Don't even bring that crap around here.

If the bias is based on factual numbers of specific groups they commit the majority of the crimes, then yes that is who I would be watching out most for. Now if it is a purely racist bias then yes it is wrong. I agree with you that happens, but also disagree that it is always the case. And I have first hand experience myself.

realunlucky

Super Moderator
Staff member
There's good and bad to unions no doubt but people that benefit monetarily from thier union agreements then talk shit about unions in general doesn't seem right either.

Sorry everyone for the sidetrack of this important social issue. Some interesting back and forth commentary and mixed views on reality of the status quo of this country.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

OldGrayJB

WKR
Answer me one question on this. If you are patrolling an area with a predisposed bias against one specific ethnicity/age, who will you be more likely to suspect and focus on, and therefore arrest?

Man, I saw this in action when I wore a badge. Don't even bring that crap around here.
Let's add gender to your comment about ethnicity/age. Men make up just under half of the population of this country, yet the vast majority of prisoners are men. Would it be inappropriate, sexist and biased to say this happens because men commit more crimes than women? Or is the judicial system unfairly biased against men?

It’ll be interesting to see how this one plays out if there’s another round of riots, more calls to defund the police. Also if you’re in Atlanta it could be a rough night.

If the bias is based on factual numbers of specific groups they commit the majority of the crimes, then yes that is who I would be watching out most for. Now if it is a purely racist bias then yes it is wrong. I agree with you that happens, but also disagree that it is always the case. And I have first hand experience myself.
Bias in law enforcement has a snowball effect. It's not hard to see if you think about it. Patrol more in certain neighborhoods, suspect certain people more, pull over more people of a certain type... It all leads to more cases and more statistics that then just feed the bias even more. We have to be smarter and more caring than this if we're ever going to move forward.

Let's add gender to your comment about ethnicity/age. Men make up just under half of the population of this country, yet the vast majority of prisoners are men. Would it be inappropriate, sexist and biased to say this happens because men commit more crimes than women? Or is the judicial system unfairly biased against men?
You make a good point. The idea here is to #1, objectively look at the facts and see where they lead you, #2 don't assume anything, and #3 learn to check yourself if you find yourself not being objective and assuming things.

Mosby

WKR
My wife is a public HS teacher. She isn't that well paid, but it's because she teaches in a very small town and school. She's never been a member of a union.
Teachers Unions are some of the worst IMO. They don't help the small town teachers negotiate contracts and they don't stand up for them during disciplinary hearings but they are really good at collecting dues and spending it on lobbying and political candidates....mostly Democrats.

My parents taught a combined 75 years and the national union did nothing for their school district during that timeframe but collect dues. She didn't miss out on anything.

Mike7

WKR
It would be interesting to see the statistics from various areas on how many interactions and arrests are the result of calls to police vs. from just patrolling.

Some areas for cops must be no different than finding a saddle with a game trail between bedding and feeding areas.

Almost all of the times that I have ever been stopped were when getting off work at 2AM downtown on Friday or Saturday nights and having to drive through the bar district to get home. I was usually pulled over for an incomplete stop (most common excuse). The cop then leaned in really close to talk, smell for alcohol, and look at my eyes & license, and then said make sure you fully stop, and abruptly turned me loose...and then likely went right back to his treestand overlooking the game trail.

Status
Not open for further replies.