Do you keep your vehicle clean?

OP
displacedtexan
Its a tool and as long as the tool continues to work, it doesnt matter.

Do you wipe down your hammer after every use?
Do you take apart your drill to make sure theres no dust in it?
Hammer, yes.
Drill, no.

And the drill is slightly more expensive!

OP
displacedtexan
“Using” and “abusing” are both subjective terms.

I use my pickups like pickups. They are not precious lifted mall-crawlers. I do not baby them or abuse them. I rarely spray them off. They have hail dents and brush scratches. They have light dust on the dashboards. The 4x4 gets exercised regularly. They are well maintained mechanically and offer me reliable service.

1997 GMC K-1500 - 289K miles

2006 Dodge Ram 2500 Mega Cab (Cummins) - 199K miles

2017 GMC Sierra 1500 - 127K miles

2017 Ram 2500 Mega Cab (Cummins) - 56K miles.

All still running/driving like champions.

I suspect my “using” would fall squarely into your “abusing” category.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I beat on my trucks like they owe me money.

But they stay clean.

Yes , I keep it clean. Especially the interior. On trips I toss trash at stations when I fill up. I try and keep any trash or clutter to a minimum and in one stop. A problem area for me is the floor in front of the back seat in my crew cab.

WildBoose

FNG
Absolutely. They are a high ticket item that I'm hoping lasts a long time. Is it fully detailed all the time? Nope. Do I take care of it? Yup. I see no "honor" in not cleaning your vehicle. Take care of it and it will take care of you.

BigE

Lil-Rokslider
We keep our trucks clean and also well maintained. Had a buddy that used to talk about how he only buys vehicles that have maintenance documented and look good for their age, but then he doesn't barely do any maintenance on his. He'd never buy a vehicle from himself, but expects others to.

dtrkyman

WKR
Ish, definitely no trash or grease inside or anything, outside occasionally washed, living in the desert it’s always dusty!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

FFHookEm

FNG
I live down a dirt road so outside stays pretty dirty unless it rains or I get a wild hair. Inside, I try to clean it out and detail it when it needs it which is usually at least once a month. That being said hunting season gets pretty hard with the pup riding in the truck and going on different hunts everywhere. Weathertech floor mats have been a lifesaver!