Ducks

Holocene

WKR
Great pics and I love the O/U and bonus snipes.

Is that a stainless Ruger Red Label?

I'm also in Oregon and started waterfowl hunting more and more since I moved here three years ago.

Been hitting Sauvie Island 1-2 times per week and will go East a few times this winter, too.

92xj

WKR
Nice, congrats on the birds!
I've seen that shotgun in on another forum and just spent an hour searching and still can't find it....

pk_

WKR
If only duck season was not in the middle of deer season...

I am no good at it but man is it fun, except for how early you have to wake up...😴

Great pics.

OP
Oregon

Oregon

WKR
If only duck season was not in the middle of deer season...

I am no good at it but man is it fun, except for how early you have to wake up...😴

Great pics.

I don’t set an alarm for ducks. I hunt the tides. majority of my hunts I leave the house between 9am and 1.

SoDaky

WKR
My thing too!Nearly every day i'm not bowhunting and sometimes I even split those days.I live up on the Coteau Plateau in NE SoDak(duck factory)and can tell you we are having a near unprecedented hatch.Lotsa water everywhere.Goslings all over and duck broods starting to show.In my daily 4 mile AM ride I'll see between 12-22 male mallards loafing around so lotsa hens nesting in the miles of water n grass.
Also with all the water,we have incredible numbers of divers(including Cans)that stayed and are nesting here this year.Gonna be a great Fall!

T28w

WKR
My thing too!Nearly every day i'm not bowhunting and sometimes I even split those days.I live up on the Coteau Plateau in NE SoDak(duck factory)and can tell you we are having a near unprecedented hatch.Lotsa water everywhere.Goslings all over and duck broods starting to show.In my daily 4 mile AM ride I'll see between 12-22 male mallards loafing around so lotsa hens nesting in the miles of water n grass.
Also with all the water,we have incredible numbers of divers(including Cans)that stayed and are nesting here this year.Gonna be a great Fall!
Dont jinx it man lol.
2 years ago was tough in northern Louisiana. Last year was better but still below average. Hoping this year will be even better.

SemperHunter

Lil-Rokslider
Duck hunting has become by and large my main thing. I'll be elk hunting for the first time this year but I'll be looking forward to getting back from that trip and chase ducks. I just started my own custom duck call shop this year also so I'm looking forward to using them to call in birds and see the results of my customers doing the same.