Everyone ready for lockdown 2.0?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cowbell

WKR
Dying? I'm not worried about dying. That's for fat old people. Disability, long term/permanent for cardiac, lung, and neurologic consequences is the real concern.

Dying, hahahaha, that's the least of my concerns.

Long term unknown consequenceson the vaccine? Definitely some unknown, no way around that.

Known long term consequences of the virus? Definitely enough know about those that I don't want to take that chance. Permanent disability? No thanks.

My $ is on the American vaccine over the Chinese virus.
When the vaccine is largely ineffective, it's not really choosing one over the other anymore. According to the ones I know in the hospitals that have had the vaccine...

sasquatch

WKR
I just told my wife the same thing. Why is everybody so concerned about my medical decisions? Other peoples medical decisions are NOT my business. Get the shot/dont get the shot,,,,I really dont care.

Because Facebook tells them to

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Reactions: KJH
I just told my wife the same thing. Why is everybody so concerned about my medical decisions? Other peoples medical decisions are NOT my business. Get the shot/dont get the shot,,,,I really dont care.
What I find rather ironic/funny is I have few friends that go out of there way not eat GMO Foods. Always asking at a restaurant or won't eat at this place cause they serve GMO products..I have no issue with that, I don't eat sugar or a lot carbs to each his own....but then the proceed to tell how I need to get the shot. They won't put GMO food in there body but they have no issue with shot full of genetic modified material being pumped into their body. We agree to disagree and enjoy our meal.

NoWiser

WKR
I am wondering if someone who is in the pro vaccine (everyone should get it) crowd can rationally explain to others why our southern border is left open for an estimated nearly 2 million more coming into the US? ....
with no regard to testing them,
With no regard to giving them the jab,
With no regard to housing them in close quarters,
in large numbers,
Shipping them by planes and busses together,
To destinations thru out the US,
Without notifying the citizens or cities of said destination?

It’s almost as if this administration wants these brown children coming into the US to get sick and die from this dangerous wu flu.
Could it be that these govt officials NEVER did care about any people and it always has been about their own power and control? Asking for a friend.
I would tell your friend that just because someone got vaccinated doesn’t mean they are pro open-border. I’d tell them that’s a pretty bold and foolish assumption. Not everyone in this country can be lumped into two groups.

Btaylor

WKR
I would tell your friend that just because someone got vaccinated doesn’t mean they are pro open-border. I’d tell them that’s a pretty bold and foolish assumption. Not everyone in this country can be lumped into two groups.
Sure they can if you are the lumper, just ask CNN.

I personally think lock-downs and mask mandates are largely ineffective and illegal. But increased healthy behaviors and social distancing may be in order again soon...and for the vaccinated as well.

Not unlike the delta variant in Israel, looks like the Pfizer vaccine is fairly worthless at preventing infection from the gamma variant in French Guiana, but unknown whether this extends to protection for severe illness as well.

Why are these strains popping up which elude the mRNA vaccines, after vaccine introduction to countries?

What mRNA vaccines have not been abandoned and instead have previously been approved in studies on humans, and not just for coronavirus, but any virus?

More specifically, what coronavirus vaccines have ever been approved previously?

There does appear to be some risk with these new vaccines, that happen to cause the body to produce spike protein, which is not a harmless protein as was originally touted by researchers and which is unfortunate.

But more importantly, I am worried that people will have to go through this vaccine risk over and over again every 6 months, particularly if they don't have natural immunity from disease, or if a safer more durable vaccine does not come along.

Or even worse yet, would be if these relatively untested vaccines, ultimately cause antibody dependent enhancement, which could actually increase the severity of covid illness in vaccinated individuals as the beneficial effects of these vaccines wane.
I just listened to a podcast that had Dr. Robert Malone on that addressed this very issue. Sounds like this could very well be what’s happing right now.

And so it begins in NM.

* Masks encouraged to be worn indoors as a precaution regardless of vaccination status. This is how this crap began last year, as a precaution that led to mass unemployment, increased suicide, and the permanent closure of businesses.

* All state employees required to either be fully vaccinated or submit to a test every two weeks.

* All Albuquerque schools are required to wear masks indoors regardless of vaccination status.

* The NMDOH echo's the CDC's recommendation of masking up indoors.

Why do people continue to elect these brain-dead idiots...?!?!?!

bsnedeker

WKR
It's a fact of life that people think differently and there isn't much you can do about it. What seems to some so illogical is very logical to others and that's that.
I disagree. One group uses logic to make decisions, the other uses their fee-feez. I think a more accurate way to say it is "What seems logical to some is very YOU'RE A RACIST/FASCIST/NAZI/GENOCIDAL MANIAC to others and that's that."

It's a fact of life that people think differently and there isn't much you can do about it. What seems to some so illogical is very logical to others and that's that.

Zero logic, it's all based on emotion and feeling. Zero thought into long term effects.

Question was more rhetorical than anything else...

BBob

WKR
And Biden speaks: Admin open to renewed lock-downs and school closures if that's what the CDC recommends.

Pacific_Fork

Well Known Rokslider
And Biden speaks: Admin open to renewed lock-downs and school closures if that's what the CDC recommends.

We are living in the craziest shit show imaginable for our times. If we go into another lock down and further into debt and loss of business with all the anger and finger pointing no way there isn’t some form of civil war. Look how France is protesting (which the media is hiding) against mandates and passports I’m embarrassed that this country hasn’t started yet but it’s going to get ugly soon enough. Glad I live in the hills!

Last edited:
I don’t recall any topic that has felt so political as corona virus. What the experts “recommend” changes almost daily.

The CDC says something one day that goes against what the teachers union seems to want, and within weeks the CDC “guidance” flip flops to align with them.

When the lock downs started in March, that was to keep the hospitals from being over whelmed. We needed to lockdown for two weeks to “slow the spread”. We blew right through those two weeks. Shortly after there were all kinds of new metrics to reopen. Our governor had to do a 1 hour press conference to explain it. It required a giant color coded chart of multiple metrics that each county had to meet, and then the entire state had to meet different percentages and cases of each of these metrics.

These “reopening” plans would be revamped every couple months. I don’t recall hospitalizations being one of the metrics of any of the plans. The original excuse for the lock downs wasn’t the issue any more, now it was cases per 10,000 people in a county, cases per 100,000 people in a county, test positivity rates, positive cases per day ect.

Every day on the news we got bombarded with the chart showing the “curve”. The number of positive test cases was shooting up very rapidly. “Breaking News” new record positive cases today. They never did mention that the amount of tests being performed each day had gone up exponentially. Here in Oregon we went from around 1000 test per week in the beginning, up to a high of 169,000 tests in 1 week

Near the end of last summer, a vaccine was our only real hope for a normal life in states like mine. The experts told us that was the way to get back to normal, but it would be years to get one out. It started to look promising that we could have a vaccine, and then politicians and media people started talking it down. They let it be known they wouldn’t get the rushed out Trump vaccine, they didn’t trust it.

I believe it was December of last year it was announced we had the vaccines! It was predicted everyone who wanted it could probably get it by fall of 2021. We made it!!!!

I don’t even believe it was a full week before we started hearing about the variants. The experts all over TV weren’t sure if the vaccine would work on them, or how long the vaccine would even last.

STRANGE, 6 months earlier before we had a vaccine the vaccine was our way out of this pandemic.

Now all you hear about is variants. In the beginning the experts were on TV talking about how all viruses mutate to new variants. It is normal, and typically the variants become more transmissible and less lethal. Now they are saying it is more contagious, and a more dangerous variant?

By a miracle the United States got several vaccines that are highly effective against Covid 19. Why in the heck are we letting people come here from all over the world where these highly dangerous. Variants come from? If the variants are really this big of a deal, shouldn’t international travel be halted?

The confusing part is the CDC says the vaccine is working great, and protecting the vaccinated. We have a pandemic of the unvaccinated is what we’re told, but now everyone needs to wear a mask because there is no way to tell who is vaccinated.

I got my second Moderna vaccine June 12th. Why the heck do I need to wear a mask, in case the guy next to me isn’t vaccinated.

The media has actually been pressing the CDC director a little on this, and her answers make zero sense.

The US Governments handling of this pandemic has to be the biggest s*#t show in our countries history. All the most recent flip flopping by CDC and multiple government agencies has to be a big eye opener for millions of people.

Status
Not open for further replies.