exo mountain pack

Jon Boy

WKR
Chris, that's gonna be a pretty personal experience/choice. I've got the duplex and tried the EXO. EXO carried no where near as well as my duplex at 100+ pounds. The EXO frame is a great frame but not anywhere near the comfort for me that the Duplex is.
I agree, no where near the duplex or krux. And I own the exo..
For under 50 the exo is awesome. Anything over that there is no comparison.

If I had to purchase STRICTLY a hauler. It would be a Kifaru Duplex. As for a total package pack I choose the Exo hands down. It is beyond comfortable to carry.

Any one know where I can find a replacement female buckle for the beavertail?

I replaced my buckles with itw nexus (same as kifaru) for the 1 inch and 3/4 inch straps with the split bar type. Replaced the bed roll tri glide with a buckle as well.

I didn't dislike the stock buckles... They just felt slightly cheap I guess... But I know they were for weight reasons.

Chris Sloan

Lil-Rokslider
Thanks guys,i appreciate the info. Thinkin ill go kifaru so i can get my frame to keep training....sold my old pack already and exos still aways out. Had my eye on a Mystery Ranch Longbow pack also, thoughts on the NICE frame...or Stone Glacier...

Longbow pack is awesome.... On a Kifaru Bikini frame. Not the Nice frame. If you can't wait for Exo. I would def look hard at Stone Glacier.

I haven't done it...... Yet almost positive it would work though. Maybe a few mods.

Do it!!! and let me know :)

Big fan of the tri-zip design... in fact I din't pull the trigger on a highlander because I would rather have the trip zip bag me thinks :)

SHTF

WKR
Classified Approved
Do it!!! and let me know :)

Big fan of the tri-zip design... in fact I din't pull the trigger on a highlander because I would rather have the trip zip bag me thinks :)

Go buy your bag you want send it to me and I will set it up for you.

Side by side pics of 3500 and 5500?

Jim,
We definitely plan to get some side by side photos so its very easy to tell the difference between the two in size. That's something along with some videos I hope to do here in the next week.

If you have any questions about the pack just let me know.

Thanks,
Steve

I have looked for some side by side photos of the 3500 and 5500, and have not had any luck (maybe I've missed them?). If someone knows of any side by side comparison photos with the 3500 and 5500 next to each other in the same shot, please advise - it would be nice to have a look [and with a side by side of each in day-pack/"compressed" and "filled" would be nice, too :)]

They both compress to nothing! If you plan 1-5 days the 3500 is good. A heavy 5 days ++, definitely the 5500. Hopefully someone can supply you some pictures.

BeWitty

Lil-Rokslider
Does anyone leave the EXO bag at home when training with sandbags and just use the beavertail? If so, I am wondering what the best way to attach a hydration bladder and/or something like a Kifaru pouch (top zip) to the webbing on the top of the beavertail. I don't have the slurpee stalker but can it be attached to the stand alone beavertail? I like the idea of having some sort of storage for some food, small jacket, and wallet/keys.

Thanks

DWinVA

WKR
I currently have 80 lbs. of quickcrete on my frame using the beavertail. I have an old Camelback backpack (mtn. biking) that I can attach on top of the beavertail for a bladder. From what I've seen on the EXO web-site what I'm using isn't as big as the slurpee stalker but I can still cram a cliff bar or two in it with the bladder. It also has some bungee on it that will hold a small jacket. My Iphone, wallet and keys go in one of my two EXO hip belt pouches.

God Bless.