F150 Help

I know you said the 3.5 but don't sleep on the 5.0 coyote. I have a '13 xlt supercrew with 6.5' box and got 18 mpg doing 75-80 from Wisconsin to Colorado and back. I get 12-13 when I tow my 19' walleye boat. The EcoBoost has a ton of power and great on gas but my cousin and brother in laws mileage goes way down whenever they tow. The 36 gallon tank is sweet also

Sent from my SM-G930R6 using Tapatalk

RAPTOR

WKR
Have had two 3.5 ecos and now the 6.2. I wouldn't go back to an ecoboost ever. I don't like the 10 speeds, sure you find guys that love em and those that hate em. One of the most reliable combos Ford ever made was the 6.2 and 6 speed, followed by the 5.0 and 6 speed. Good luck.

kicker338

WKR
Going to put my 2cents on here. I've had a 2017 eco. 3.5 for over a yr now and my thoughts and results. 3.5 is outstanding for power when pulling my 24ft. trailer, you can't realistically use all the power it produces. The power comes at a cost though and not necessarily in fuel economy. The motor will run hot pulling steep grades and pushed too hard will derate to prevent overheating the motor. Also fuel mileage has a big connection to your foot, tromp the throttle because you like to feel the power, spool up the turbos and watch the fuel gauge go down.

The 10 speed trans. love it, put it into tow mode going down hill with the trailer and it holds you back almost like a manual trans. Ford and GM codeveloped it, GM is currently only using it in the hi pro. camerows and corvettes put it wont be long befor it will show up in their trucks.