First Lite Born and Raised Break Up

Hnthrdr

WKR
Seems to me that they are really struggling for video content. I just feel like none of them even want to be doing videos anymore. They used to have great content with quite a few nuggets of hunting experience in them but now it’s like…. Ok we are in Colorado today, kill shot, high 5’s, tears, prayer, video done.
The cow has been milked dry… but is like the gold rush all over again. Lots of folks wants to be the next bro or Steve… it’s a sickness. Needs to stop. There are probably 1000s of hours of how too and tips and tricks the horse has been beat to death, go to any ridge in Co in Sept, its non stop bugles from the new believers

Yooper

WKR
Seems to me that they are really struggling for video content. I just feel like none of them even want to be doing videos anymore. They used to have great content with quite a few nuggets of hunting experience in them but now it’s like…. Ok we are in Colorado today, kill shot, high 5’s, tears, prayer, video done.
I agree with you. That's what happens when you take something you love doing and turn it into a job I suppose.

Since Meateater owns Phelps and BRO has their own call company I image you arent going to pay/sponsor a competitor. logically one would assume, atleast

Jethro

WKR
I agree too. I thought their 1st year of Bro was some of the most entertaining elk hunting I've watched. I also enjoyed their stuff before it was their full time job. Year 2 was ok. Year 3 I started turning off the videos. After that don't even watch anymore. The entertainment part became "forced", wasn't as natural as at the beginning. How many years in a row can you listen to the same jokes from Trent?

Must admit I never paid attention to what clothes they were wearing.

I agree too. I thought their 1st year of Bro was some of the most entertaining elk hunting I've watched. I also enjoyed their stuff before it was their full time job. Year 2 was ok. Year 3 I started turning off the videos. After that don't even watch anymore. The entertainment part became "forced", wasn't as natural as at the beginning. How many years in a row can you listen to the same jokes from Trent?

Must admit I never paid attention to what clothes they were wearing.
There's not much less natural than stopping to plug your channel while there is a bull bulging...

I talk shit but do occasionally watch a video or two.

Their topnotch click bait game is enough to keep me from watching any of their "flyway" stuff though.

There's not much less natural than stopping to plug your channel while there is a bull bulging...

Their topnotch click bait game is enough to keep me from watching any of their "flyway" stuff though.
I have enjoyed "The Flyway" for the most part. It's a little more organic than the current BRO stuff. And, to me, it's generally better than most You-tube waterfowl content (but that bar is pretty low).

Jethro

WKR

I apologize for being out of the loop. I had to look up what the flyway was. Hadn’t seen them before

ODB

WKR

Have you watched Season 12 of meateater? man - you wanna talk about lather, rinse, and repeat...

I haven't gotten the impression that they're worried about where products are made but maybe that's the case. They say that they're going away from FL to be able to evaluate other brands and give their unbiased opinions on what works best. Cody from BRO and Steve from EXO are best friends and that is the way EXO operates (unsponsored), so maybe they rubbed off on them?!? We'll see.
My guess is their politics are quite a bit more conservative then some of the things first lite employees have done. I think it’s also why they no longer promote the BHA. This is just a guess.

BobbyMac

Lil-Rokslider
My guess is their politics are quite a bit more conservative then some of the things first lite employees have done. I think it’s also why they no longer promote the BHA. This is just a guess.
I think your theory has legs....Ty Stubblefield was one of the founding members of BRO. He went to work for BHA. He became disenfranchised with BHA leadership. He is no longer with BHA and speaks openly about why he left.

TheTone

WKR
as someone else said I bet the break involves them getting into the call business and thus being in direct competition with one of first lites sister companies and also one of their other old sponsors (Phelps). Also like others have said the quality of content has gotten so much to me over the years. Can’t wait to watch some of the awful shot angles, blood trails and lost elk they will put out this year

Johnboy

WKR
The early BRO video (actual DVD) called "Uncommon Ground" was the single best elk hunting video I've ever seen. I don't follow much on YouTube, so I don't know about their newer material, but their first few offerings were worth watching, all sissy tears aside.

I think your theory has legs....Ty Stubblefield was one of the founding members of BRO. He went to work for BHA. He became disenfranchised with BHA leadership. He is no longer with BHA and speaks openly about why he left.

I always enjoyed Ty on the hunting videos. And, I highly respect him for putting his money where his mouth is.

Funny thing is there are hundreds of BHA guys on this forum that’s called everyone who pointed out Ty’s experience, liars.

Billinsd

WKR
I always enjoyed Ty on the hunting videos. And, I highly respect him for putting his money where his mouth is.

Funny thing is there are hundreds of BHA guys on this forum that’s called everyone who pointed out Ty’s experience, liars.
Interesting. I doubt there’s hundreds of BHA guys on this forum, probably dozens, and less and less as time passes. Several are extremely vocal, emotional, illogical and seem like hundreds.