FORLOH

Neuro

FNG
After considerable time researching my options for a an all-around jacket that could withstand some rain and be fit for bow use, I went with an Allclimah Softshell. (I realise people have worn all sorts of burly tops for bowhunting without a problem, but its a personal quest of mine as a beginner to get a sleek comfortable fit)
First of all the quality is very evident, everything looks and feels premium. But one of my immediate impressions is that its not quite the softshell that I was hoping it would be. My intents for a rainproof hunting/archery jacket was to avoid the annoying scrunchy hardshells that tend to stiffen up in all manner of ways that make em cumbersome for anything other than getting from A to B.
The Allclima feels like it gets about halfway there, its definitely softer than my goretex, and a lot more breathable. But it still has some of that annoying tendency of riding up slightly as I lift my shoulders up and out, as well as jutting out at the chest when zipped up.

Felt disappointed that I hadnt found that ideal high quality rainproof bowhunting jacket that i was looking for, but considering my exhaustive search, I cant think of a company who is offering a better option, so I will be keeping it around. Am yet to test out in the rain and that will be the other great marking factor for me with the alternative tech they are using.
Would be keen to hear if anyone can compare it to something like polartec or a tight fitting cycling rainjacket in regards to bow use.

ForlohFamily

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
After considerable time researching my options for a an all-around jacket that could withstand some rain and be fit for bow use, I went with an Allclimah Softshell. (I realise people have worn all sorts of burly tops for bowhunting without a problem, but its a personal quest of mine as a beginner to get a sleek comfortable fit)
First of all the quality is very evident, everything looks and feels premium. But one of my immediate impressions is that its not quite the softshell that I was hoping it would be. My intents for a rainproof hunting/archery jacket was to avoid the annoying scrunchy hardshells that tend to stiffen up in all manner of ways that make em cumbersome for anything other than getting from A to B.
The Allclima feels like it gets about halfway there, its definitely softer than my goretex, and a lot more breathable. But it still has some of that annoying tendency of riding up slightly as I lift my shoulders up and out, as well as jutting out at the chest when zipped up.

Felt disappointed that I hadnt found that ideal high quality rainproof bowhunting jacket that i was looking for, but considering my exhaustive search, I cant think of a company who is offering a better option, so I will be keeping it around. Am yet to test out in the rain and that will be the other great marking factor for me with the alternative tech they are using.
Would be keen to hear if anyone can compare it to something like polartec or a tight fitting cycling rainjacket in regards to bow use.
Thanks for the review!! We will keep improving and hopefully in the future we can offer that perfect jacket for you. We are getting closer and closer everyday to making a fabric that is soft and waterproof and will keep pushing the boundaries!

ForlohFamily

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
123 replies…
You guys are taking about “Sheep Shows” and Attack pants 34in waist vs. FORLOH’s 36in waist.

CAMO BIKINIS

That’s it. CAMO BIKINIS. I live an hour and a half away. I’m taking my better half to Whitefish. We’re going to buy 1 or more CAMO BIKINIS, plus some other shit she thinks is super cute and will be great for hunting, super warm, ultra light…I don’t give a shit. I’ll buy it. Then we’re going out for a non-kid dinner and I will drink (3-4) 7-9% double New England IPAs.
Boom.
That was my IOU Christmas present and she can’t wait.
I love this!! When you stop in the Whitefish store have a few drinks on us to start your date night :)

fwafwow

WKR
@ForlohFamily - thanks for participating and liking the posts, but do you have any responses to some of the points made above - like the variance on sizing, the label in the pants, etc.?

sneaky

"DADDY"
Considering they haven't been on here since the 29th you should chill. Call them and ask them, or wait for them to log back in and respond.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

fwafwow

WKR
Considering they haven't been on here since the 29th you should chill. Call them and ask them, or wait for them to log back in and respond.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
They were on after my post, long enough to like a handful of reviews without any feedback, but still good advice.

ForlohFamily

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
They were on after my post, long enough to like a handful of reviews without any feedback, but still good advice.
Helloooo!! Sorry - I was actually on vacation and got stuck overseas with a positive covid test. I tried to answer on my cell phone but I just got back to a computer! Our label location and style will change as we get feedback and perfect things. Don't forget we have been open for under 2 years. We'll continue to make minor tweaks until we get it perfected.

Our sizing is an athletic fit and built to move. Things vary in sizing based on purpose. Out Softshell is made to function as a stand alone piece - so it is shorter (you can also layer if needed). Our rain jacket is built to be that true shell and to layer so it is a bit boxier to accommodate a large down jacket. Our rain pants are larger to fit over down pants and the inseam is just a tad shorter to be worn with gaiters and not drag on the ground. Ect, ect it is all intentional.

That being said it is very difficult to size things to make every single person happy. We have updated our size charts so they are very detailed and on every single product page. And someone is in the office 7 days a week to help you. During business hours you can either start a chat online (and we have a video feature to see products), email in at [email protected] or call us a 1-833-791-0091.

We also have free returns - so if you get something different, well make sure you get what fits. - Hannah P

fwafwow

WKR
Helloooo!! Sorry - I was actually on vacation and got stuck overseas with a positive covid test. I tried to answer on my cell phone but I just got back to a computer! Our label location and style will change as we get feedback and perfect things. Don't forget we have been open for under 2 years. We'll continue to make minor tweaks until we get it perfected.

Our sizing is an athletic fit and built to move. Things vary in sizing based on purpose. Out Softshell is made to function as a stand alone piece - so it is shorter (you can also layer if needed). Our rain jacket is built to be that true shell and to layer so it is a bit boxier to accommodate a large down jacket. Our rain pants are larger to fit over down pants and the inseam is just a tad shorter to be worn with gaiters and not drag on the ground. Ect, ect it is all intentional.

That being said it is very difficult to size things to make every single person happy. We have updated our size charts so they are very detailed and on every single product page. And someone is in the office 7 days a week to help you. During business hours you can either start a chat online (and we have a video feature to see products), email in at [email protected] or call us a 1-833-791-0091.

We also have free returns - so if you get something different, well make sure you get what fits. - Hannah P
I'm so sorry you got Covid, and were stuck far from home. I had a friend go through this recently in Ireland. Hopefully your symptoms were mild and that you could somehow take advantage of the "extra time".

I know the company is new, and USA based, so my hope is that our feedback here can help in some way.

So far the return process has been easy.

EDIT - the return was not only easy, but when the return package was delivered today, I received two emails from Forloh - one confirming receipt and another confirming the refund.

Last edited:

ianpadron

WKR
Been rocking the Solair hoody on the water all summer and it's one of my fave shirts ever. Really impressive fabric.

That said, I have noticed several spots on the shirt with pretty rough sewing. In addition to the loose thread ends shown below, the thumb hole area on one of the sleeves required significant trimming to get rid of loose tag ends, and the shirt came with a pull on the hood that quickly became a tear.

Hoping their future runs have better QC and attention to detail, as the fabric and business model are both pretty sweet.

Pulled the trigger on the All Clima pants and will post up my thoughts after a couple hunts.

20220716_114619.jpg
20220711_181137.jpg

Tecker123

FNG
Rokslide Sponsor
I am so glad this is one of your favorite shirts, we put more technology in this fabric than anything on the planet (cooling minerals, Antimicrobial, scent control, hyper wicking). I am also so sorry that you are not pleased with the sewing finish. We strive for nothing less than perfection and the bar is set extremely high for our USA factories to meet this standards. I will say we overbuild everything to maximize durability. A lot of what you are seeing is because we go the extra mile, and we use a 5 needle overlock stitch throughout which means 5 threads are used to tie all panels together. With the fabric as stretchy as it is , sometimes it hard to keep the threads all alined, but it is by far the most indestructible manner of building. That said, I have personally talked to our product team and shared your feedback with the factory directly, and we will strive to improve on all fronts! You have my word. Andy CEO and Founder.

Tecker123

FNG
Rokslide Sponsor
I can't find their weight of clothing listed?
Prices also seem to be pretty high, a few quick side by side comparing to kifaru LP and some sitka rain gear, FORLOH was the highest?

That was their puffy compared to kifaru's LP and sitka's new dewpoint compared to their rain jacket.

I was excited to see a company near by my stomping grounds marketing made in the USA but not convinced yet. Also it says 100% made in the USA, but I didn't see where they get the materials?

Not sure a start up company with sky high prices is going to slow down sitka, FL, ect.
100% sourced from the USA!

ianpadron

WKR
I am so glad this is one of your favorite shirts, we put more technology in this fabric than anything on the planet (cooling minerals, Antimicrobial, scent control, hyper wicking). I am also so sorry that you are not pleased with the sewing finish. We strive for nothing less than perfection and the bar is set extremely high for our USA factories to meet this standards. I will say we overbuild everything to maximize durability. A lot of what you are seeing is because we go the extra mile, and we use a 5 needle overlock stitch throughout which means 5 threads are used to tie all panels together. With the fabric as stretchy as it is , sometimes it hard to keep the threads all alined, but it is by far the most indestructible manner of building. That said, I have personally talked to our product team and shared your feedback with the factory directly, and we will strive to improve on all fronts! You have my word. Andy CEO and Founder.
Good stuff Andy.

I picked up another 2 shirts at the Whitefish store this afternoon and was bummed to see the same issues still popping up. Attached is a close up of a pit seam, some next level tag end fabric, and pretty rough threading. Nothing a sharp scissors can't handle but tough to see on a $100 shirt.

Hoping the factory takes notes!
20220726_163453.jpg20220726_164628.jpg

Attachments

• 20220726_164726.jpg
    20220726_164726.jpg
    114.2 KB · Views: 28

92xj

WKR
@ForlohFamily @Tecker123 any idea when/if your mid layer will be out sometime soon, before hunting seasons start?
And what exactly it’ll be. I
And is there another price increase, like seen a few weeks ago, planned the rest of this year?

ForlohFamily

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor

92xj

WKR

Bump79

WKR
Thanks. I’ll keep an eye out.

But I thought I remembered a mention of some sort of mid layer insulating piece like a grid fleece or a heavier merino, not a heavier weight base layer like your half zip. My memory sometimes sucks though.
I agree. It's a huge missing link in their system in my opinion. I hunt with a fleece when hunting 99% of the time. Kuiu Peloton 200, 97 or a grid fleece.

92xj

WKR
Just spent the weekend doing some hard hunting and have two questions

1- what will it take to make the interior of the hoods a different color than white? When I pulled hoods down the interior shined like the sun.

2- when are you coming out with a mid insulation layer? I was recommended months ago about your heavyweight full zip as a mid layer; that did not provide the warmth people are needing in a mid layer like a grid fleece.

I am glad I had my grid fleece with me to switch out. Reviewing the website, there is nothing offered for an insulating mid layer.

I love the fact that it’s USA made and sourced and the customer service has been great but the more I use it in a hunting situation and not just hiking, the more I think the testing never happened. I have two more elk hunts and a moose hunt to test things on, but I don’t have a lot of confidence in the upper body wear besides the hoodless base layer, as a next to skin, and the softshell jacket. Please eliminate white as a color on a hunting piece and please produce a mid layer insulation piece.

ForlohFamily

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Just spent the weekend doing some hard hunting and have two questions

1- what will it take to make the interior of the hoods a different color than white? When I pulled hoods down the interior shined like the sun.

2- when are you coming out with a mid insulation layer? I was recommended months ago about your heavyweight full zip as a mid layer; that did not provide the warmth people are needing in a mid layer like a grid fleece.

I am glad I had my grid fleece with me to switch out. Reviewing the website, there is nothing offered for an insulating mid layer.

I love the fact that it’s USA made and sourced and the customer service has been great but the more I use it in a hunting situation and not just hiking, the more I think the testing never happened. I have two more elk hunts and a moose hunt to test things on, but I don’t have a lot of confidence in the upper body wear besides the hoodless base layer, as a next to skin, and the softshell jacket. Please eliminate white as a color on a hunting piece and please produce a mid layer insulation piece.
Thank you for the feedback. We have heard this feedback on the white interior on the hood. We are working on an update for this soon and we should have one later on in 2023. Made in the USA still takes time. We also are working on a mid insulation layer and that also will be in 2023.

ForlohFamily

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Labor Day Sale Starts today!
8/30-9/5/2022
25% off the site

Attachments

• 22-FORLOH-LaborDay-Social-1920x1080.jpg
    22-FORLOH-LaborDay-Social-1920x1080.jpg
    265.6 KB · Views: 31