FORLOH

Thanks for the Review. You are correct, our current line of pants came out on the shorter size at 32 Inseam, and we are currently working on getting Tall pants built and in the line for us taller guys.

RG

I would really like for someone to build quality upsized/tall hunting gear, I currently use sitka in 3xl for added length and still the sleeves and body length are not quite long enough. I know the number of 6'5 dudes running around is limited but no-one I have found makes hunting apparel for actual tall people. I find that I use mostly non-hunting clothing for most of what I do to get lengths. My sitka gear has been whittled down to base layers mostly. I don't wear much actual camo. Just my two cents. For reference, I am 6'5 , range between 265-280 have a 56" chest and 38" waist, 37" inseam, 24" torso and 38" sleeve.

h2so4

WKR
How does the SolAir compare to the Kuiu attack pants? It looks like the SolAir might be lighter weight for hotter weather?

They are coming out with a carbon frame pack and different sized bags.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220110-051332~2.png
    Screenshot_20220110-051332~2.png
    992 KB · Views: 56

sim22mie

Lil-Rokslider
First impression comparison of a few pieces with photos. Clockwise starting at the upper left: Forloh Airalite "Exposed" rain jacket, Forloh Allclima 3L "Deep Cover" rain jacket, Cabelas windproof sweatshirt "Realtree", Gulch Gear Lightweight L/S "Cross Cover Axel", Gulch Gear Lightweight L/S "Cross Cover Brown", Forloh Deep Space L/S "Exposed".

Overall fit and finish is impressive on all of the pieces. Heavy taped zippers, sealed seams on the rain jackets, perfect stitching. All made and sourced in USA which is super cool, something you can be proud to wear even if the name is a bit silly haha.
View attachment 345222

~Forloh Allclima 3L - A really nice all-around bad weather jacket. Fabric is softer to the touch and quieter than the Airalite. About twice the weight and volume as the Airalite in size large. 29oz
~Forloh Airalite - Good rain shell if you like to layer. Has a bit of a grid texture and is fairly loud. If its actively raining I don't think the noise would be a problem but stalking when it's dry might be a different story. Bought this to be a pure rain shell that is packable and it fits the bill. 15 oz
~old Cabelas windproof sweatshirt - my favorite truck hunting piece of gear for when it's cold and dry. 2lbs dry and 40lbs wet. Fills up my whole pack when not wearing it.
~Gulch Gear Lightweight L/S - great warm weather long sleeve, breathable and light. A bit of a grid texture on the inside for better ventilation. 6.5oz
~Forloh Deep Space L/S - Might call this a mid weight shirt? Website isnt exactly clear on weight, either on the material or overall. It's about twice the volume and weight as the Gulch Gear, but obviously for different purposes. Exposed color is more brown on the longsleeve vs. the Airalite jacket which is more greyish. Has thumb holes which is nice because I have longer arms and it keeps the sleeve from riding up too much. 10.7oz

The Deep Cover color is interesting, the bright green really pops compared to the darker green and brown. Probably a good spring color in wet areas. I prefer the exposed between the two for where I usually hunt in northern CA. The Gulch Gear Cross Cover Brown is a really great color and what I wear until it starts to get cold/wet.

Airalite vs. Allclima 3L
View attachment 345223
Forloh L/S vs. Gulch Gear L/S
View attachment 345224
Is there any blue shading in the deep cover pattern? Online it looks completely blue or at best a blue/Grey. Your pics make it look grey. Also, I wish the hood was removable from the allclima jacket, but that doesn’t look to be the case?

Is there any blue shading in the deep cover pattern? Online it looks completely blue or at best a blue/Grey. Your pics make it look grey. Also, I wish the hood was removable from the allclima jacket, but that doesn’t look to be the case?
Hood is not removable on any of the pieces that i know of, and not really its mostly greens with a kind of miniature multicam, browns, black and some gray. The gray has a blue hue i guess

Attachments

• 20220110_072509.jpg
    20220110_072509.jpg
    396.8 KB · Views: 50
Thats cool i guess, id rather they come out with more clothing pieces like gaitors and gloves and a lighter pant selfishly since my pack is solid already lol. Im guessing they're already working on those tho with the rate they're putting new pieces out

bsnedeker

WKR
I'm a bit torn on this one....another 100% made and sourced in the USA pack would be a great option and since they are local up here I could try them on to see how they compare with my Kifaru.

But yeah, I kind of wish they would get all their clothing a bit more dialed (tall sizes on everything, more layering options, gaiters, etc) before branching into gear.

Correction....every hood is removable. You just can't put them back on very easily.
Lol you might as well put a zipper or buttons on at that point. Im not a fan of removeable hoods myself but the stowable ones are nice. Same with zip off pants i always seem to lose one of the pant legs haha

Lawnboi

WKR
I ordered a set of the lightweight pants. Need more everyday pants, was going to order some Kuiu attack pants but figured I’d give these a go. Not much to read on them I’ll give an overview when they arrive.

Forloh provides a first responder discount in case any one else is able to use it, made the decision easy to give them a try.

Hopefully they keep things US made, Kuiu did similar with everything made in Canada off the bat, that went away really quick. Wish I would have kept my Canada made gear, all I have left is a pair of attack pants with holes all over them

Last edited:

sneaky

"DADDY"
Thats cool i guess, id rather they come out with more clothing pieces like gaitors and gloves and a lighter pant selfishly since my pack is solid already lol. Im guessing they're already working on those tho with the rate they're putting new pieces out
Yeah, they should get tall inseam pants out before starting work on packs.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Yeah, they should get tall inseam pants out before starting work on packs.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
For sure! I know you and others have been waitin for a while lol.. seems like it'd be easier than making packs but what do i know. I really do like that they have the recco reflectors in their outerwear and the new insect repellent pieces are something i need before spring bear this year for sure. Glad to see the new lighter pants too ive been wanting them to make those. Just wanna wait for some kind of discount.. A rokslide discount would be legit

sim22mie

Lil-Rokslider
Hood is not removable on any of the pieces that i know of, and not really its mostly greens with a kind of miniature multicam, browns, black and some gray. The gray has a blue hue i guess
Thanks for the pic. Sure looks bluish to me. I certainly don’t want blues in my hunting clothing if possible.

Dzeek

FNG
For those that have the allclima jacket and pants, would you say a extra set of rain gear is not necessary? When i msg FORLOH they said the allclima jacket is waterproof but they couldnt say the same about the pants. Just wondering if purchasing the set would save me from buying separate rain gear. Thanks

For those that have the allclima jacket and pants, would you say a extra set of rain gear is not necessary? When i msg FORLOH they said the allclima jacket is waterproof but they couldnt say the same about the pants. Just wondering if purchasing the set would save me from buying separate rain gear. Thanks
The pants only have DWR, its a good one but they will wet out just like anything with DWR. So yes if you expect any severe rain you will want rain pants if you want dry legs. If you're referring to the softshell jacket, its pretty waterproof but i live in oregon so i also got their lighter weight rain jacket too. Their actual rain jackets and pants are extremely waterproof. They have free shipping above a certain amount and free returns so maybe just skip the extra rain jacket and even the rain pants and test the softshell and stretch pants to see if you really need the extra rain gear. Some guys dont care if their legs get wet

Lawnboi

WKR
How does the SolAir compare to the Kuiu attack pants? It looks like the SolAir might be lighter weight for hotter weather?
Mine came in, they are lighter than the attack pants. I’d say more along the lines of a Sitka ascents. Fit I would describe as a bit slim, but not too slim. Similar to my attack and ascent pants, not quite as baggy as the timberlines.

I’ll post more when I get to wear them a bit. Atleast for the winter they are solely an everyday pant for me.