Free float Tikka T3X barrel?

Manual says bottom metal trigger guards get 62# of torque. Is this correct?

I use 65, but i've also added pillars to fully support the bottom metal embedded washer with supporting metal. Prior to doing that, 65 in-lb pulled the factory screws right through the factory plastic bottom metal.

Lytro

WKR
A handful of brand new takeoffs get posted on here every week. It will be easy to replace if you screw it up.

Gila

WKR
I use 65, but i've also added pillars to fully support the bottom metal embedded washer with supporting metal. Prior to doing that, 65 in-lb pulled the factory screws right through the factory plastic bottom metal.
Yes…all the stock action screws attach to is an aluminum insert with threads. The recoil lug just sits in a pocket in the stock made of plastic. Some of the bottom metal made for the Tikka stock can only take 30 something. Red told me to use 35 for his bottom metal.

No, the action screws go right into the steel of a Tikka action, there are no other threads in the system, much less any into aluminum. The factory bottom metal has some steel washers inside the plastic molding, those washers are slightly unsupported in the factory configuration, and if torqued high enough the taper on the action screw heads can go right through. When I put in pillars, I close that gap so it's solid material, and I can torque away without issue.

Plus, any proper bedding job is locking the position of the recoil lug into a permanent position.

20230804_155256.jpg1120221442.jpg1120221434.jpg

Mr.Wizard

FNG
Lytro has it. Clean sanding had good success for me, and even if it goes wrong, it’s cheap annd easy to swap in a take off.