Glassing pad

Anozira

WKR
I broke down and bought one of the outdoorsman glassing pads after using pieces of old sleeping pads. Its water proof and seems to be constructed very well. I only have one hunt on it so far but I like it alot. It beats sitting on rocks especially if its been wet out.

Attachments

• IMG_8351.JPG
    IMG_8351.JPG
    309.8 KB · Views: 141
That helinox definitely looks comfortable, but I've been running double duty on the zpad for too many years to quit now

NV HUNTER

WKR
i use yoga mats. glued 2 together. trimmed it up. about the size of a shoe box lid. i had a lab that had bad knee and had yoga mats all through my house.

mvrk28

WKR
Z seat, can’t beat it for comfort to weight ratio. Although the Chair Zero continues to catch my eye. However I make a small sacrifice here for other areas of my pack(I carry a charge labs halo battery pack and it is NOT light)

I use about half of a flooring square, like you would use to pad where you stand at a work bench. They fit together like puzzle pieces, but I just cut them to a rectangle. At around $4 for a 4 pack from Harbor Freight, if they get too beat up, I toss them. I fold it lengthwise, and slip it in with my tripod. It sort of protects the tripod, weighs nothing, water and snow don't go through it.

cski100

Lil-Rokslider
Helinox Ground Chair. Although not as lightweight as a glassing pad but after using it and a Z-Lite the extra weight is worth it.

Been using a Klymit inflatable glassing pad. Think I paid $8 on camofire. Inflates with one breath and easily packs down to nothing. Super comfortable to sit on for long glassing sessions.

Go to Lowe's and they have DeWalt knee pads for about $10 in the tiling section, 1.25"+ thick, cut in half and lays in the wings of my Nomad2 just perfect for hauling, waterproof, lightweight. I wear out several of these a year at work so always have a used one to cut up for hunting it seems. Have also bought the "camo foam" turkey seats at Wallyworld and cut them in half. When in a pinch going super-light I just take off a gaiter and put it under my butt to keep dry.

Buddy of mine uses a Zpad and trimmed it to fit in the stretchy-pocket on the rear of one of his Nomad2 wings and took out the stiff sheet it comes with. That worked pretty trick, zero weight gain, and he is NEVER without his while mine sometimes gets forgotten on quick trips.