Glassing Pad

tttoadman

WKR
Anything inflatable makes for a bad seat because it will inevitably be punctured :)
I have an REI inflatable seat. It goes in the MW pocket or under the grabit. I will put it on the ground sometimes and try to be careful. I stick my pack in the dirt so I can have a nice seat. Expensive packs are for abusing and getting dirty.

OR Archer

WKR
I bought a cheap F&S Thermaseat cushion this past fall to replace my old cushion. It's works great and keeps my backside warm in colder weather. Fits perfectly under my lid or in my grab it.

wildcat33

WKR
As glad as I am to see so many others have found the thrifty joys of a Z-rest pad, deep down inside Im a little sad b/c I honestly thought I had an original idea when I made mine.....

Amazon.com : Z-rest : Sports & Outdoors

Can make a whole bunch of seats out of one pad and a few naglene coozies.

Last edited:

Jpeaston

Lil-Rokslider
In back country trips I use a z rest and wrap it around my spotter for protection when in-route.

boom

WKR
i've headed back to camp when i forgot my pad. i just use that thermorest pad..green on one side, silver on the other. chop it up into four sections and hand them out among friends.

what a life saver. mine got shredded recently..so i got the z-pad seat one. it was cheaper than buying a big pad..

Or this....

e9d271fefcf28669773156611299bdc2.png

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

duchntr

WKR
4-5 sections cut off a z-lite pad, I like it a little longer so if my inflatable pad shits the bed I won't be totally sol at night.

idcuda

WKR
I got a little kneeling pad out of the garden section of home depot. it's maybe 10"x16" and 1" thick

I cut one of those and have used it for a few years - works fine. I've used an inflatable from klymit that's pretty comfortable, and tough, but I think I'll try one of the z seats. Or, I'll scrounge around wally world and see what I can find for less than $15. I'm a cheap bastard.

I cut one of those and have used it for a few years - works fine. I've used an inflatable from klymit that's pretty comfortable, and tough, but I think I'll try one of the z seats. Or, I'll scrounge around wally world and see what I can find for less than $15. I'm a cheap bastard.
im the same way...but now sometimes i think about the time and gas ill spend driving to 4 different stores to pay 9 dollars instead of 14.99 delivered to my door and just order it and spend the extra time on rokslide. :D

B.S.

FNG
Tried an inflatable for a while. It's z-seat for me now, quick, light and compact enough, and as others have said, I pack it around my spotter for protection in my pack.

I use this "Easy Chair" that I got for predator calling years ago. It's the most comfortable chair I've ever used for sitting on the ground. The seat back adjusts to work in any position you want on any terrain and the cushion keeps everything from Choya cactus to pear cactus to mesquite thorns out of your rear! It'll make a low pro day of glassing actually comfortable. The guy selling it is a little overblown but this one product is amazing!

PQ LOGO EASY CHAIR SEAT CUSHION – Predator Quest

If you spend on a Helinox Ground Chair, you will never regret it. Works well with tripod, or binos resting atop a trecking pole. 16 oz with a comfortable seat and a backrest. Sets up in a moment. I had to get another for my wife.

KgTWZp2.jpg

Daniel_M

WKR
If you spend on a Helinox Ground Chair, you will never regret it. Works well with tripod, or binos resting atop a trecking pole. 16 oz with a comfortable seat and a backrest. Sets up in a moment. I had to get another for my wife.

KgTWZp2.jpg

No issues with the inner leg inserts coming out? That seems to be about the only constant complaint.

Ronb

WKR
A couple things about the z-pad that I've discovered. When glassing on the side of a hill, I'll fold in one section on the bottom and it keeps you from sliding. Works slick. Fold up 2 sections if its really steep. Also, I use mine in the tent for a butt pad, and I'll slide it under my thermarest for extra R-value. I put it right under my butt, for some reason thats what gets chilly at night. That little pad is magic. It's so warm.

warrior80

WKR
I've got a Helinox but most of the time I use the Kuiu glassing pad. Depending on your pack it will slide in between the frame and the bag so really easy to store and pull out. I had a cheaper one that folded up but didnt like it as much and took up more space folded up.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk