GoHunt resubscription price? Am I over the line?

sneaky

"DADDY"
Yeah, but you already had Eastmans and Huntinfool for that. Do you really need another option?
Which were pay services as well, and let's face it, they ruined some of the best areas by pimping them out in their magazines.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

sneaky

"DADDY"
I wont be renewing. It is a great tool for the new guy who has never hunted out West, and has no idea of rules, reg's and where to even start. I find it just as effective to come on Rokslide and ask guys in other States what's the best unit to hunt for a specific game.
:)
And then go to a spot different than where you were told lol

sneaky

"DADDY"
Be curious to see what some of you spend on coffee or supplements a year. I bet $150 is cheap compared to that. Or beer...

And then go to a spot different than where you were told lol

Sometimes guys give bad info to test another's ability to over come adversity and find elk where they really are.

tdhanses

WKR
Be curious to see what some of you spend on coffee or supplements a year. I bet $150 is cheap compared to that. Or beer...

Ahhh.... coffee is a need not a want!!

sneaky

"DADDY"
Sometimes guys give bad info to test another's ability to over come adversity and find elk where they really are.
And sometimes guys think they know more than they do and stumble around on bad knees looking for elk in all the wrong places

And sometimes guys think they know more than they do and stumble around on bad knees looking for elk in all the wrong places

Bad knees and bad backs

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Hey I found the elk, just from the wrong vantage point
Lol

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Brendan

WKR
I have used top rut odds for years and do think thier odds are very accurate. They do simulation for random draws to get real odds. When using "draw odds" you need to be sure how those numbers were calculated.

Good to hear on Toprut. I've used GoHunt, but at the end of the day I'm looking for something to help me figure out which units I could target with the points I have. Once I have those, then I can go research the specific units on my own. And, why pay an extra $130 for the same data if I don't need to?

Coffee- $0
Supplements- $0
Let’s just leave beer out of this.

Here is a solution for the guys that think $150 is too much:
-Start your subscription middle of January 2019 use it throughout application season
-Middle of December 2019 through second week of January 2020 get all your applications/units etc figured out and write them down
-cancel subscription
-apply for all your hunts etc through 2020
-Renew subscription middle of January 2021

This way you can get two years of use out of it and cost average down to $75/yr with a $50 credit in there as well

I will be renewing again this year because I use goHunt a lot...since I submit 61 applications a year it helps on quite a few states.
Like someone said earlier...if it saves me 3 hours of time it pays for itself...I spend way less time now than I did 10years ago looking through all the stats on fish and game pages...

The other reason I like goHunt...you can call in and talk to Trail haha! He helped me out on a decision this year in a state he was familiar with and it was well worth it.

realunlucky

Super Moderator
Staff member
-Start your subscription middle of January 2019 use it throughout application season
-Middle of December 2019 through second week of January 2020 get all your applications/units etc figured out and write them down
-cancel subscription

This way you can get two years of use out of it and cost average down to $75/yr with a $50 credit in there as well

I will be renewing again this year because I use goHunt a lot...since I submit 61 applications a year it helps on quite a few states.
Like someone said earlier...if it saves me 3 hours of time it pays for itself...I spend way less time now than I did 10years ago looking through all the stats on fish and game pages...

The other reason I like goHunt...you can call in and talk to Trail haha! He helped me out on a decision this year in a state he was familiar with and it was well worth it.
How many tags did it help you draw? That's a bunch of applications for sure

Last edited:
-cancel subscription

Holy Moley Molon
That's some serious application
fees right there.
That's awesome to have that much freedom to hunt- you have set the bar

Molon has the value figured out by spreading the subscription out over 2 hunting seasons. Like that approach! How many species does 61 apps cover?

sneaky

"DADDY"
So, now it's ok to get on a forum that they help sponsor and spread info on how to cheat them out of money? Maybe western hunting isn't the right idea for some of y'all.

OP
TheCougar

TheCougar

WKR
So, now it's ok to get on a forum that they help sponsor and spread info on how to cheat them out of money? Maybe western hunting isn't the right idea for some of y'all.

If you’re referring to the previous post about timing a single year’s subscription to get two years of applications completed, I fail to see how that is “cheating”, which implies an unethical behavior. The methodology recommended by Molon is EXACTLY how many of us apply for Utah tags, timing a license purchase to be valid for two years of tag applications, and something GoHunt themselves recommend on their Utah strategy. If your issue is with cancelling and making a new subscription to get the $50 credit, I would think that Trail’s response would satisfy any qualms about resubscribing for the same price as a new customer. Being shrewd with your money and finding deals is part of Rokslide (it has its own forum) and if it wasn’t for finding ways to save money, a lot of people couldn’t afford western hunting. This thread is a great example of customers discussing the value of a service and the sponsor listening to feedback.

Last edited:

sneaky

"DADDY"
If you’re referring to the previous post about timing a single year’s subscription to get two years of applications completed, I fail to see how that is “cheating”, which implies an unethical behavior. The methodology recommended by Molon is EXACTLY how many of us apply for Utah tags, timing a license purchase to be valid for two years of tag applications, and something GoHunt themselves recommend on their Utah strategy. If your issue is with cancelling and making a new subscription to get the $50 credit, I would think that Trail’s response would satisfy any qualms about resubscribing for the same price as a new customer. Being shrewd with your money and finding deals is part of Rokslide (it has its own forum) and if it wasn’t for finding ways to save money, a lot of people couldn’t afford western hunting. This thread is a great example of customers discussing the value of a service and the sponsor listening to feedback.
Point out in Trail's response where he says canceling and resubscribing is the method he recommends. He said you can call in and get the $50 store credit. I'll stand by my belief that screwing a site sponsor over to save money you probably blow on other things a bad move. It's just like the ongoing debate on here about using Paypal F&F to pay for items and how that screws PayPal over. News flash, PayPal is anti gun and hunting, GoHunt isn't. I find it far more classless to screw a sponsor over than anything involving PayPal. If you can sleep with the decision to play that subscribe and unsubscribe game so you can afford more coffee and beer, then knock yourself out.

Brendan

WKR
Point out in Trail's response where he says canceling and resubscribing is the method he recommends. He said you can call in and get the $50 store credit. I'll stand by my belief that screwing a site sponsor over to save money you probably blow on other things a bad move. It's just like the ongoing debate on here about using Paypal F&F to pay for items and how that screws PayPal over. News flash, PayPal is anti gun and hunting, GoHunt isn't. I find it far more classless to screw a sponsor over than anything involving PayPal. If you can sleep with the decision to play that subscribe and unsubscribe game so you can afford more coffee and beer, then knock yourself out.

Disagree with this entirely.

If you were to share a subscription, that's against policy and screwing them over. Sort of like using PayPal F&F for a transaction - against policy. If you time when you subscribe to get the most out of your purchase, that's just smart shopping. If you want to blow money you don't need to, go right ahead. I prefer to save mine for more important things - i.e. Coffee and Beer :D

realunlucky

Super Moderator
Staff member

Your suggesting that subscribing to go hunt but using that information for two applicants years than canceling during the 12 month subscription period is cheating the sponsor?
What if they get that same info for free and don't use them at all?

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk