GoHunt resubscription price? Am I over the line?

blb078

WKR
Well, I guess it depends on how you feel about the service. Their " Magical" formula. Is not so magic. I have an excel spreadsheet that goes back to before most of the " Go Hunters" have been alive and I can tell you that their proprietary data is well..... Blah

There are few secrets any more. If you have a 6 the grade education you can figure it out on your own.

Where things get dicey is comparing your guaranteed tags or high odds tags to the moon and drought.

I suppose when the datasets predict that then the service will be worth it to me.. YMMV

That's kind of what I was getting at in my post. Their claim that their formulas for coming up with odds are much more accurate/better. I've never compared their percentages to another companies though so I'm really not sure if they are better or not but anyone can go to the states sites and figure out the odds yourself if you wish. Their things like trophy potential and stuff are just fluff in my opinion but some units the comments in the bottom can be helpful which is nice to have.

Brendan

WKR
I'm with pretty much everyone above.

I'm not paying $150. And if they try and send me another sportsmans warehouse gift card, that's not going to work either. $100 - that's at that point where I'd pay it to save the time. I've thought about doing what Capra does as it's not that hard, but it gets time consuming fast.

Pezboat

WKR
Anyone split the costs with a buddy or two? I’ve been thinking about signing up, but I agree $150 just seems like too much. However, if I split it 3 ways, seems like a pretty good deal. Would that be possible? I haven’t really looked at the site much.

Trial153

WKR
Anyone split the costs with a buddy or two? I’ve been thinking about signing up, but I agree $150 just seems like too much. However, if I split it 3 ways, seems like a pretty good deal. Would that be possible? I haven’t really looked at the site much.
Most likely it's against the user agreement.
And since nobody is forcing us to buy it I think the right thing to do is abide by the terms Of the agreement

In business, keeping the customers you have has always been more difficult than recruiting new customers. So to offer a discount to new customers, but not your existing customer base is just plain crazy. If I company will not at least treat me as well as a new customer, it's time for me to take my money elsewhere, or re-evaluate my need for their product.

HookUp

WKR
The $50 store credit should be kicked in at the renewal for existing members. I have bought quite a lot of gear from gohunt and they have fast shipping and good CS. I'm in the same boat as everyone in the thread, $150 is steep for basic unit info.

Pezboat

WKR
Most likely it's against the user agreement.
And since nobody is forcing us to buy it I think the right thing to do is abide by the terms Of the agreement

Oh, I guarantee it’s agaisnt their user agreement. But isnt this whole tread about being cheap, and not necessarily ethical?

Last edited:
I wont be renewing. It is a great tool for the new guy who has never hunted out West, and has no idea of rules, reg's and where to even start. I find it just as effective to come on Rokslide and ask guys in other States what's the best unit to hunt for a specific game.
:)

tdhanses

WKR
I wont be renewing. It is a great tool for the new guy who has never hunted out West, and has no idea of rules, reg's and where to even start. I find it just as effective to come on Rokslide and ask guys in other States what's the best unit to hunt for a specific game.
:)

And then never respond back how your hunt turned out 😂

Justin Crossley

Administrator
Staff member
This was the first year I subscribed and thought it was pretty cool. Researching draw odds and success rates and stuff like that is not something I enjoy so for me anything that makes it easier is a winner. I only logged in a few times but it seems like it saves a lot of time if you apply/hunt in a lot of states. For the guy who only hunts one or two, it's probably smarter to just look up the info yourself. I'll probably keep my membership again this year.

Glory

Lil-Rokslider
For someone like myself who knows absolutely nothing how the western state draws work, other than Alaska, I'll pony up the $150 for a starting point when I want to go hunt someplace different.

tdhanses

WKR
This was the first year I subscribed and thought it was pretty cool. Researching draw odds and success rates and stuff like that is not something I enjoy so for me anything that makes it easier is a winner. I only logged in a few times but it seems like it saves a lot of time if you apply/hunt in a lot of states. For the guy who only hunts one or two, it's probably smarter to just look up the info yourself. I'll probably keep my membership again this year.

Checkout toprut, provides exactly that for dirt cheap.

Fitzwho

WKR
I apply in more than 11 states, some of which GoHunt doesn’t cover yet. I use GoHunt and have been a member at HuntinFool and currently a member at Epic. I enjoyed the digital HF magazine and Epic’s magazine, as well as both of their podcasts. I likely won’t be renewing Epic, but will continue listening to their podcast.

I’ll be staying with GoHunt.

HookUp

WKR
I was listening to the Rich Outdoors today and Cody dropped a code that says for renewals you get a $50 store credit. if that works I'm keeping my go hunt sub, I can always use more stuff and there store is great free ship and fast.

trail@goHunt

Lil-Rokslider
Appreciate the feedback, always good to get some objective reviews so that we can continue to improve. I did want to jump in and take a shot at addressing some of the comments.

1.) We are extremely grateful for our existing members and never want them to feel like they are getting the short end of the stick. If we have a promo going on we will always offer it to a member that renews their membership. After your renewal charge goes through, shoot us an email using [email protected] and we will be more than happy to credit your account with 50 points (1 point = $1).

2.) There has been some comments about statistics or draw odds being different than what some are seeing in state reports. We certainly will not deny that, state draw systems are complex and the states often report simple odds without taking into consideration the intricacies of their own system. It gets complex quick but I can assure you we pride ourselves on accuracy and we are without a doubt the most accurate draw odds tool available.

Data is what we do, we have years of experience reviewing and researching harvest reports, draw reports, and work completion reports. If there is one thing we know, its the details and intricacies of state hunting data.

3.) Draw odds is one of our most popular tools but its far from everything INSIDER offers. In reality, and I’m a user myself, I have found that one of the major benefits of an INSIDER membership is that it has unveiled a ton of opportunities to hunt that I may not even have known existed. By using our Filtering 2.0 tool, I’ve found several hunts that I knew virtually nothing about. There are many more benefits than just draw odds…but speaking of draw odds, we are adding antler less odds, youth odds, and harvest stats in 2019.

4.) The store…we price match! and we offer free shipping on every item.

5.) We have some awesome enhancements that we are working on that will add real value to your membership. We will continue to add states and we have a new hunter dashboard that we are all really excited about. As a staff we are avid hunters ourselves, we have some great stuff coming!

Thanks again for the feedback and best of luck in the upcoming draws!

tdhanses

WKR
Not having used it I still feel the price is a little to high. Take away the $50 store credit I don’t need and offer the service for $99 or less and I would check it out.

Also not a fan of trial periods where you have to cancel it or you’re fully charged, no gimmicks just a flat price for the service and no auto renewal, that’s another turn-off. If your product is good enough no reason to trap people into another year, they’ll renew.

OP
TheCougar

TheCougar

WKR
Appreciate the feedback, always good to get some objective reviews so that we can continue to improve. I did want to jump in and take a shot at addressing some of the comments.

1.) We are extremely grateful for our existing members and never want them to feel like they are getting the short end of the stick. If we have a promo going on we will always offer it to a member that renews their membership. After your renewal charge goes through, shoot us an email using [email protected] and we will be more than happy to credit your account with 50 points (1 point = $1).

2.) There has been some comments about statistics or draw odds being different than what some are seeing in state reports. We certainly will not deny that, state draw systems are complex and the states often report simple odds without taking into consideration the intricacies of their own system. It gets complex quick but I can assure you we pride ourselves on accuracy and we are without a doubt the most accurate draw odds tool available.

Data is what we do, we have years of experience reviewing and researching harvest reports, draw reports, and work completion reports. If there is one thing we know, its the details and intricacies of state hunting data.

3.) Draw odds is one of our most popular tools but its far from everything INSIDER offers. In reality, and I’m a user myself, I have found that one of the major benefits of an INSIDER membership is that it has unveiled a ton of opportunities to hunt that I may not even have known existed. By using our Filtering 2.0 tool, I’ve found several hunts that I knew virtually nothing about. There are many more benefits than just draw odds…but speaking of draw odds, we are adding antler less odds, youth odds, and harvest stats in 2019.

5.) We have some awesome enhancements that we are working on that will add real value to your membership. We will continue to add states and we have a new hunter dashboard that we are all really excited about. As a staff we are avid hunters ourselves, we have some great stuff coming!

Trail,

Appreciate the response! It is good to know that the renewal subscription can use a coupon code. My feedback is not intended to be knocking you guys... I think we all appreciate the service that you provide. I do think you would keep more subscribers by either offering a discounted rate ($100) for renewals or auto-applying the discount for renewals. At this point, although I balk at $150, I would renew, and keep renewing, if there was a “loyalty rate” of $100 for renewing. The market place is being crowded with competing services. Those competing services may not be as close to “truth data” as GoHunt, but the gap appears to be closing quickly. A few guys have mentioned here that a “tiered” service may have some potential. I don’t know GoHunt’s business model or how you generate your revenue (store sales, advertising, subscriptions, etc), but a more tailored service might be something to explore, if you haven’t already. Thanks again for responding to this thread- always good to see companies reach out directly to their customers.

cBurton5

FNG

How often do you guys restock out of stock items? I price checked a few items and noticed the prices were comparable but the rangefinder I wanted was out of stock.

Brendan

WKR
So, I'm with everyone else. If there was a Rokslide coupon code for $99 - no gift cards, I'd be in.

But, in the meantime - who's used Toprut and compared it to GoHunt? Pretty sure they're using exactly the same data. Considering using that and manually just pulling the data from the state websites myself where needed. Don't currently need any states that Toprut doesn't provide.

realunlucky

Super Moderator
Staff member
So, I'm with everyone else. If there was a Rokslide coupon code for $99 - no gift cards, I'd be in.

But, in the meantime - who's used Toprut and compared it to GoHunt? Pretty sure they're using exactly the same data. Considering using that and manually just pulling the data from the state websites myself where needed. Don't currently need any states that Toprut doesn't provide.
I have used top rut odds for years and do think thier odds are very accurate. They do simulation for random draws to get real odds. When using "draw odds" you need to be sure how those numbers were calculated.
I noticed that Go hunt has more combined more data than just draw odds. That data is available elsewhere but gohunt makes it quickly accessable using their search filter. It will save some effort but I found I didn't use it all that often. I personally do think go hunt over valued it self but I enjoy the hunt research.
Be interesting to see where the market goes as it is quickly getting more competitive. Almost any thread on rokslide where new comers start looking at units has multiple members recommend joining go hunt that's pretty good marketing at $150

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

Last edited: