Has Anybody Else Noticed a Scarcity of Hunting Videos on YouTube Lately?

eye_zick

Lil-Rokslider
Youtubers making money off hunting bad. Rinella and Newburg making money of hunting good. Seems legit

YouTubers chase the clout. if you quit putting out videos bc YT demonitizes hunting, you're a clout chaser. I may have the wrong impression of Rinella but he'll still be out there on the forefront if he's demonitized.

eye_zick

Lil-Rokslider
Honestly I did not read all the posts. I hope this is true and all the YT posters are shut down. What a waist of hunting areas.

Because if they can’t film they’ll quit hunting those spots?

Its pretty easy to get a good idea of where the hunt was filmed. They burn areas by drawing excessive attention to an area, hunt, location, etc.

I mean yeah, you would see a decrease in hunters, but is that a selfish short minded desire? Looking at the longevity of hunting for future generations, increased hunter numbers(voters) is the best way to keep it around. It will never be like it was back in the day again, the landscape (physically and of hunting as a whole) has changed way too much.
No is answer to your first question. Youtubers and Instagram hunters that have blown out units, states, and spots chasing money and Internet clout are the ones who are shortsighted and selfish. A large majority of them would show you their butt hole for a new bow sponsorship.

The longevity of hunting will be fine. More is not always better. More hunters it’s only good for two things. People selling the new latest and greatest stuff and state game agencies.

HUNT JR

WKR
No is answer to your first question. Youtubers and Instagram hunters that I’ve blown out units, states, and spots chasing money and Internet clout are the ones who are shortsighted and selfish. A large majority of them would show you their butt hole for a new bow sponsorship.

The longevity of hunting will be fine. More is not always better. More hunters it’s only good for two things. People selling the new latest and greatest stuff and state game agencies.
I would argue the opposite, without voters on our side hunting as we know it today will only continue to be reduced until it is a fraction of what it is. Never would have thought states would try to ban hunting yet OR has introduced that thought - and it wont be the last time that happens either. Sure less hunters in the field does make for better hunting, but I think it is short sighted. There are still a lot of places you can have to yourself out there that have excellent hunting.

The amount of crying by people i assume to be adults on this site is incredible. Lots of participation trophy winners here. I guess i should expect that, most of the real hunters are out hunting, and some of them are filming it. Doesn’t bother me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

KurtR

WKR
YouTubers chase the clout. if you quit putting out videos bc YT demonitizes hunting, you're a clout chaser. I may have the wrong impression of Rinella but he'll still be out there on the forefront if he's demonitized.
The cherin group took care of that problem. Doing the same thing just on a different platform but for some reason gets a pass. Meat eater has brought more people in hunting and Newberg with his tag strategies helping every one draw in a state every year cant help the pressure but youtubers are the root of all evil. Good on all of them on being successful and getting to do something fun for a living.

I would argue the opposite, without voters on our side hunting as we know it today will only continue to be reduced until it is a fraction of what it is. Never would have thought states would try to ban hunting yet OR has introduced that thought - and it wont be the last time that happens either. Sure less hunters in the field does make for better hunting, but I think it is short sighted. There are still a lot of places you can have to yourself out there that have excellent hunting.
Hunters are a minuscule portion of the population already and we have always been. If Oregon wants to ban hunting it won’t because we failed at the three R’s it is because the state has been overran with left wing Looney Tunes.

You’re going to lose hunters one way or the other. One possibility, hunting becomes such a shit show because units are so overrun that people stop doing it.
Tag cuts. If you can’t draw a tag you don’t go hunting. IMO Colorado’s over the counter tag system is unsustainable. Colorado is hooked like a goddamn junkie on that out of state money. They just can’t help themselves.
Anyway we’re getting off base.

Broomd

WKR
Hahaha, sure they can. Just ask the folks at Parlor how that went for them.
Gee, irony much? The Parler servers were hosted through Amazon...that bastion of free enterprise, oh wait, check that...MONOPOLY. One call from the Marxist political overlords to Bezos shut them down cold.

Tech titans are Marxist whores that hate everything 95% of us on this forum hold dear. I cant and won't speak for the other 5%.

OP
P

Pelagic

Lil-Rokslider
Gee, irony much? The Parler servers were hosted through Amazon...that bastion of free enterprise, oh wait, check that...MONOPOLY. One call from the Marxist political overlords to Bezos shut them down cold.

Tech titans are Marxist whores that hate everything 95% of us on this forum hold dear. I cant and won't speak for the other 5%.
You’re making my point there. I agree with everything you said.

A lot of people make the argument that YouTube can shut down/demonetize whoever they like and that’s fine with them because capitalism. “Don’t like it? Start your own X, Y, Z.” As though any well funded group can go out and start a legit competitor to these tech monopolies that hate most of the things most of us here stand for. It was tried and got squashed like a bug. Google buys a company a week, many times just to shut them down.

My main point / concern is that YT doing this might be a sign of a larger movement against hunting.

I think it is crystal clear that Big Tech (and everyone else on the Marxist left) doesn't want you to own a firearm any more than they want you to be able to kill your own meat....

Zuckerberg is a hunter, FWIW.

I am not disappointed if Gritty goes bye-bye (was always a matter of time for that guy anyway) and if YT bans hunting videos, you're not gonna see me cry. And you're either a new hunter in the last couple years or absolutely high if you dont think that the insane increase in western hunting in the last 7 or so years isn't 95% attributable to YT and Instagram. When people can't show other people on the internet how awesome they think they are for killing shit, then most of those newbies will sell their Firstlite and Sitka piles for dirt cheap and will buy a $1500 set of golf clubs instead. They were never going to be the ones to carry on the hunting heritage and tradition, so it's no real loss in my eyes.

gexpro

WKR
Classified Approved
I’m guessing gritty is wondering how to make a comeback after admitting his idaho wolf was illegal. I’d be fine if he never comes back and grabs himself a desk job somewhere
where did he admit to this? what a shit show if that's true.
ive enjoyed his and lampers content. but it seems like there is a lot of drama with Brian over the years..

I think that it is quite funny that guys are acting like youtube hunters have ruined hunting and that by them going away, all of a sudden the woods are going to be less busy. Keep dreaming. In all reality, the people who portray hunting in a positive way on a massive platform like YT aren't hurting a thing.
If you consider a massive influx of people into the sport and an increase in point creep a bad thing then absolutely the YT hunters are making things worse. If they weren’t, then the principles of marketing that the whole business world follows would fall apart. Exposure makes people do new things and buy stuff.

As for me, I could care less either way. I only accumulate points in one state and forget to apply for them every other year. Still seem to get into the animals and just constantly change my strategies.

Wtf, I had heard this about Newberg and The Hunting public as well I couldn’t really find much on it. So it’s a real deal thing?
Yeah, someone please provide a link or three. I’ve srsly watched two YouTube shows in my life and dont have FB or the gram. Is it really that bad? I always thought that recruiting hunters was a good thing. Are most of you just being whiny because someone took your spot? If not, what’s the real rub here?

Wtf, I had heard this about Newberg and The Hunting public as well I couldn’t really find much on it. So it’s a real deal thing?
There is a thread on here where Randy himself explains how the process works. It was from last week or so. There is nothing shady or illegal about it.

And the comment earlier about Randy was that he started his own paid video service to get away from YouTube. Fresh Tracks Plus.

If there were not guys like Randy Newberg, you wouldn’t be able to access public land or even hunt the animals that are there.

There is a thread on here where Randy himself explains how the process works. It was from last week or so. There is nothing shady or illegal about it.

And the comment earlier about Randy was that he started his own paid video service to get away from YouTube. Fresh Tracks Plus.

If there were not guys like Randy Newberg, you wouldn’t be able to access public land or even hunt the animals that are there.
I think guys where hunting public ground and killing animals way before Randy was around and will continue to do so after he is not around. So I think you’re stretching on that one a little bit.
Actually you’re stretching a shit load on that.