head to head tipi review? kifaru/ti goat/seekoutside

flyingbrass

Lil-Rokslider
head to head tipi review? kifaru/ti goat/seekoutside comparison test
edited to add: I would like to see someone do a review like this please

Last edited:
I tried looking up the same thing just the other day and couldn't find much. Would be nice to have a side by side comparison of all three though price weight durability options.

Don't leave out the oware products pyramids. I just picked a 9x9 for $230 brand new off the net. Weighs 30 ozs, seems to be great quality, although I have read they use a different seam than seekoutside and kifaru, but I guess time will tell

i tried to get input awhile back on this. not necessarily what you asked, but i was curious if the difference in shape made one more livable or usable than the other.

Literally just bought the Seek Outside 6p. They said 4 weeks till delivery. After comparing tons of info on all the brands it seemed like the best option for us. I'll let you know how it works out for an Oct 2nd rifle Elk in CO this year.

Literally just bought the Seek Outside 6p. They said 4 weeks till delivery. After comparing tons of info on all the brands it seemed like the best option for us. I'll let you know how it works out for an Oct 2nd rifle Elk in CO this year.

I think you'll like it. I have SO's 8 man and a Kifaru 4 man and ST to compare it to. I've only had the SO for about 6 months and have had the Kifaru's for 6 years so can't comment on durability yet, but they seem very comparable quality wise so far.

I have a Seek Outside BCS and a Titanium Goat Vertex 8. While they have very different uses and are not direct comparable shelters. I can tell you that the quality, attention to detail, and sewing on both shelters is top notch.

Ok, this thread has some very good potential. I'll be watching for future reviews.

Well, between my buds and I we have had the "bigger" 8 man versions of the TiGoat, the Seek Outside, and Kifaru. I say that because while my Kifaru (an 8 man) was the oldest and most costly of the bunch, it still manages to find time in the wilds of Alaska and various mountain states a number of times each year while theirs are all gone and I don't know the exact models. I can't tell you exactly why, but I like my Kifaru better as I did not stay in them, but can tell you and they like mine enough to borrow it after the others were sent down the road.

Last edited:
I'm not sure what size of shelter you are interested in but I prefer the BCS or the Sawtooth style over the tipi. The two mentioned shelters have more usable space than that of tipis of comparable size.
u3ygujug.jpg

I have a 12 person SO tipi and a SO LBO with the three-piece vestibule. The only other experience I have had with a tipi, is using my buddies 8 person Ti goat on Kodiak a few years ago. I definitely prefer my SO tipi. Obviously it's much bigger than my buddies Ti goat, but it also has added features that came standard and some of which are not even options on the Ti Goat. For an ultra light two-person mountain shelter, the LBO simply kicks ass. I've had it on Kodiak in some hellashes storms and so far it's the best shelter I've ever used for super shitty weather. This thing barely moved when we had driving rain and sleet along with 80+ mile an hour wind gusts. I just wished they made it in cuben fiber back when I purchased it. I think if I was to do it all over again CF is the way to go.

Back