Headlamp suggestions?

Nillion

Lil-Rokslider
I'll toss my hat into the Zebralight camp also. Specifically either the H600Fc or H600c models. Once you use a quality light with a high CRI, you'll never go back to one of those cheap semi-disposable headlights.

I do keep a Nitecore NU25 in my non-hunting daypacks as an emergency light since they weigh almost nothing, but I hate the cold light they put out for tracking blood or cutting up an animal.

Wapititalk1 sent me this last year. I had never heard of it. I used Petzl back in the day and since then only Black Diamond. This one is great. It’ll be my main one to use this season. It doesn’t stick out very far from your head so there’s no leverage for the weight to flop around. Very sleek. The on/off is on the right side… or left if you prefer to flip it over. The headband is absolutely the best I’ve seen. Thick and built to last I don’t think it’ll ever stretch out like some others. Also it has a tacky strip on the inside like Sitka pants so it’s non slip. I have no idea what it costs. Lol I just know I love it. Thanks Rory!

Attachments

• BAE4998A-20A6-450A-8765-1B7D3A2D9780.jpeg
    BAE4998A-20A6-450A-8765-1B7D3A2D9780.jpeg
    241.4 KB · Views: 19
  • ABFA4EC5-1EFF-41A3-A8CC-A02A95D7DB03.jpeg
    ABFA4EC5-1EFF-41A3-A8CC-A02A95D7DB03.jpeg
    295.1 KB · Views: 19
I also have the petzl actik core with the rechargeable pack. It's so nice to always have a fully charged battery and bright light. I also don't have to worry about when do I replace this disposable battery. I also carry some aaa's as my universal batter backup for a few things. On a longer trip I do bring a battery bank to charge my headlamp and phone.

The only downside is its not waterproof but I haven't had any issues yet. I would choose a good rechargeable headlamp that has a normal battery that can be used in case you need to change it in the field.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk