Help!!!! ISO Best Ultralight Solo Bckpacking Tent for hunting

Alright guys I need help. I'm looking for an ultralight backpacking tent made for someone who is not clostrophobic but who likes a little room, that weighs no more than 2.5lbs preferably right at or under 2 lbs. Im not the biggest fan of bivys. I've looked at REIs latest one and I'm leaning towards it. I was looking at the nemo spike 1 first light collaboration but I read a few very articulate very detailed reviews of how horrible it was so I'm pretty turned off towards that one now. I'm just wondering if there's a hidden gem out there that I'm missing that someone would be willing to share?

OP
Koontznicholas
I found the model I was looking at it was the REI Flash Air 1. Not cheap but definitely not expensive when you put it up next to some. There were a couple great YouTube videos of guys putting it through it's paces and it looked like it performed really well. But I only want to make this decision one time if you know what I mean lol. For the last 12 years I've used an Ozark Trail Children's 2 person tent that weighed less than 2 lbs packed down to nearly nothing and probably only cost me about $20 from Walmart 😂 I'm ready to upgrade!

bcpody

FNG
Alright guys I need help. I'm looking for an ultralight backpacking tent made for someone who is not clostrophobic but who likes a little room, that weighs no more than 2.5lbs preferably right at or under 2 lbs. Im not the biggest fan of bivys. I've looked at REIs latest one and I'm leaning towards it. I was looking at the nemo spike 1 first light collaboration but I read a few very articulate very detailed reviews of how horrible it was so I'm pretty turned off towards that one now. I'm just wondering if there's a hidden gem out there that I'm missing that someone would be willing to share?
Have you considered a hammock and tarp setup?

Hilleberg, Big Agnes, Stone Glacier to name a few. There are many that are 2.5 lbs or less.

I’ve been looking at “The Two” from Gossamer Gear. It is a 2 man SilNylon tent at ~29 oz.

I’ve been looking at “The Two” from Gossamer Gear. It is a 2 man SilNylon tent at ~29 oz.

That's a 15D tent, including the bathtub. You'll need to treat it with kid gloves and use a footprint. Plus not currently available.

Spend $200 more on the bombproof 19 oz Zpacks Duplex. Won't soak up water. No footprint required. Guaranteed for two years or one through hike.

Beendare

WKR
Koot, since you are new here, the search feature is awesome

Lots of good options and this topic comes up twice a week in the Sleep system section.

____

OP
Koontznicholas
Well thank you very much! I'm definitely still trying to find my way around this site lol!
That's a 15D tent, including the bathtub. You'll need to treat it with kid gloves and use a footprint. Plus not currently available.

Spend $200 more on the bombproof 19 oz Zpacks Duplex. Won't soak up water. No footprint required. Guaranteed for two years or one through hike.
Yes! I looked at these also, I like the Gossamer gear 1 man tent and it was nice. Im trying to match quality and what I need with price also. Hopefully they will be available again soon.

OP
Koontznicholas
Even after all the suggestions I still feel like none quite fits my needs like the REI one I just posted. Either the 1 man or the 2 man version. A 2 man version that is just over 2lbs is going to be perfect for me i think. I watched one review where a guy slept in it over night in New England during a freezing rain storm to test condensation and stuff like that and it looks like it did extremely well all things considered. Realistically though I'm in Arizona and its so dry here that condensation usually isn't a problem ever unless you're in the high country and even then there's just not that much humidity here 95% of the time. So the main things I'm focused on is the functionality of the tent itself, pack down size, weight, and lastly price. Honestly I think I'm sold!

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200510-115223_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20200510-115223_Chrome.jpg
    77.5 KB · Views: 249

mlgc20

WKR
I have the Big Agnes Platinum Fly Creek 2. It’s under 2 pounds with a full bathtub floor and double walls. And it packs down smaller than you can imagine for a full tent. I’ve had mine for 6+ years and spent a ton of nights in it. Even with the ultralight materials, it’s been plenty durable. The aforementioned Zpacks Duplex is awesome as well. Neither are cheap though.

Sobrbiker

WKR
I’m in the same boat, and have been bouncing the trade offs of a freestanding floored tent (at 1.5-2# heavier) than the REI.
I know I’m pitch-challenged when it comes to guy lines, and being in AZ there’s a lot of places freestanding comes in handy, and a lot of critters early season I don’t want to be waking up with so I’m leaning floored for sure.
I’ve been flopping between the MSR Elixir and something like the REI you posted.
I don’t know if your planning on spiking or through camping.
thanks for posting, I know as a newer member here I tried searching and am still fishing around.

verysimple

Lil-Rokslider
Mld, zpacks, tarptent, hyperlite mountain Gear. Cuban fiber/dyneema

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk