Hoffman Boot Review/Giveaway - Tell us what you want.

Status
Not open for further replies.
View attachment 123338

Hey Roksliders, we’re happy to be part of this forum and want to get to know you and your footwear needs better. We’d like to kick off this relationship with a complimentary pair of our NEW 10” Hunter Boots (see them here) for one of you. Just tell us a few features you would like to see in our next hunting boots, by answering these question in a short paragraph, and you will be entered in our drawing on October 25th for a pair of boots. Also stay tuned by hitting the “watch” button (upper right of this post in full-site post), as we will be doing this again in the future.

1) Boot Height: 6”, 8” or 10”

2) Insulated (how much) or Non-Insulated

3) Waterproof or Non-waterproof

4) Any added features that would make a good boot even better

Just answer those four questions and you're in for the drawing.

If you win, we'd love to hear about your experiences with the NEW Hunter 10" Boot. Just post up on this thread or link us to a new thread if you start one. Thank you!

View attachment 123339
10" uninsulated waterproof aggressive traction

I prefer 10" boots for general hunting applications. I jacked an ankle and the extra support a 10 inch has really helps support it. I have worn plenty of 6 and 8 inch boots, but have found myself grabbing the 10 inchers more often.

I prefer non-insulated boots as I hunt any season I can get tags for. An insulated pair in the middle of August are not comfortable. If I was to get another pair, I would go insulated as I already have a pair of non and it would make more sense to have a pair of each.

Waterproof is a must for me. I would never purchase a pair of non-waterproof boots.

I can't think of any actual features that would make a boot better but I can list a couple things I look for in a boot. Resoleable is really nice, especially if its affordable. A good solid full or 3/4 rand that is tough and wont break down quickly. Solid edges of the sole. The rocks around this area eat the crap out of the edges of soles. I dont know if this would be possible but if you could make a pair that you could buy stays that would allow for the ability to adjust the stiffness based on the areas you will be in, that would be sweet.

Last edited:
View attachment 123338

Hey Roksliders, we’re happy to be part of this forum and want to get to know you and your footwear needs better. We’d like to kick off this relationship with a complimentary pair of our NEW 10” Hunter Boots (see them here) for one of you. Just tell us a few features you would like to see in our next hunting boots, by answering these question in a short paragraph, and you will be entered in our drawing on October 25th for a pair of boots. Also stay tuned by hitting the “watch” button (upper right of this post in full-site post), as we will be doing this again in the future.

If you win, we'd love to hear about your experiences with the NEW Hunter 10" Boot. Just post up on this thread or link us to a new thread if you start one. Thank you!

View attachment 123339
Comfortable, waterproof, rigid ankle support and quality that lasts
1. 8-10in
2. Non-insulated
3. Waterproof
4. Insole replacements every season!

View attachment 123338

View attachment 123339

I think a 10" boot is the cats meow for me. I hate getting water and snow in my boots. Even with gaters, I get snow in shorter boots.
I have neuropathy from my knees and elbows down to my toes and finger tips. Having insulation is a must for me.
Waterproof. I like to be out early when the dew is on, and or out in the snow.
I need a good foot bed, Many footwear companies have gone to flat foot beds. I have a high arch and a high instep. If my arch is not supported, neither is my foot, and the comfort is just not there. Lighter weight is also a good option. each pound on your feet is like 4 pounds in your pack.

View attachment 123338

View attachment 123339

8 or 10 inch boot. 400g insulated. I live in Oregon so waterproof is a must have. With how rugged and overgrown the ground is, great ankle supposed and durability are a must. My current boots are already breaking down a lot, after 75 miles. Haven’t even had my wet weather season yet!

appreciate the opportunity to win!! Thank you.

I like 6" and 8" boots. I woud say non-insulated as that works for me in most cases. I think having the option to get an insulated verison with the exact same fit as the non-insulated would be nice as well. They should be waterproof as nothing is worse then wet feet. Traction and durability are features I also look for. The biggest thing would be fit, I like a boot with a roomy toe box and good heel lock. I have tried on many boots where my pinky toe rubs on the side of the toe box in my normal size and when I go a half size up I lose heel lock.

8" for an all around hunting boot
Must be waterproof!
400g insulation

Good fit is #1 importance, waterproof second, durability third.

1) Depends on the situation/location - Gun to my head I would say 8” for multi use.

2) Non-Insulated

3) Waterproof GoreTex

4) a solid Rand for extended protection, maximum ankle support/rigid stability, option for replacement outsole, quality laces with low stretch

Thanks for the opportunity!

-Jordan

View attachment 123338

View attachment 123339

10”
I insulated or 200 gram- no more.
Waterproof
I prefer locking laces in the bottom half like Hanwag boots. The tread patter needs to be aggressively shelves between the heel and mid foot for going straight down steep terrain. Offering in WIDE is a necessity for me. Laces must be very tough- I usually swap em out for gutted 550 cord so I know they won’t break. They need to have a stiff enough sole for the steep country, but comfortable to walk in. The sole needs to be slightly wide to prevent ankle rolling.

I’m primarily an archery hunter, so an 8” high boot would suit me best. I prefer a non insulated boot for the early season that is waterproof. Additional features would be leather construction and a full rand.

1) Boot Height: 8"

2) Insulated-200 or 400grams

3) Waterproof

4) *Softer rubber sole. Hard rubber such as vibram soles are down right dangerous on wet, smooth surfaces such as buckskin logs/fallen limbs.
full rubber rand

*A moderately stiff boot with some flex in the toes.
*Good arch supports with a moldable footbed similar to Lathrop & Sons

1. 8" or 10"
2. Insulated 400 of 600
3. Waterproof (who wants wet feet?)
4. A price point that allows for heavy use and getting a few sets of new soles put on them. I personally use my hunting boots as work boots so I am used to them during season. Usually boots last less than a year is my issue.

This is great, I've worn Hoffman pacs and wildland boots for years. They've always been overbuilt and relatively affordable for a US made boot. I've also worn high end scarpa and La sportiva mountaineering boots for a long time. I wanted to find something to bridge those two styles of boots for hunting. The best bridge I found was the Kennetrek mountain extremes. I absolutely loved those boots but the durability of the sole/rand left something to be desired. The picture of your new boots has me excited, but if I had my perfect boot it'd look like this:
1) Lightweight within reason, this is where the kennetreks shine

2) Thick full leather with minimal seams to blow out

3) Full rand and quality hardware

4) durable sole that isn't too clunky, strap on crampons are all 99% of hunters need.

5) half shank for hiking all day (this is where mountaineering boots fall short)

6)10" high, waterproof, and an uninsulated option.

7) I could care less about insoles and laces, these things get replaced anyways

8) IDAHO stamp on the bottom!!

If you could produce something similar to the Kennetreks but with your legendary durability and price you'd have a home run for sure! I sure hope a shop around here will stock your new boots!! thanks

Last edited:
8in
2-400g insulation
Waterproof
Either a full caulked sole the combo air Bob/ caulk sole. Nothing better for hiking in steep wet, snowy country, especially if there is blow down.

1) 10”
2) insulated 400g
3) waterproof
4) I have wide feet so I always like when wide sizes are offered. Stiff ankle support. Aggressive tread. I always though a lace locking system like found on ccm skates would be cool on a hunting boot. You could leave the bottom of the boot loose to help with blood flow and warmth while being able to tighten down the top half of the boot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back