Home euro mount. Please advise.

robtattoo

WKR
I've cleaned with Borax & degreased for 48 hours in a strong Dawn solution. Right now he's on his second peroxide application. I'm thinking maybe a third would be good (12% cream)

After he's all white, should I clear coat him & how long should I leave it to dry before spraying?

This is only the second skull I've ever done, myself.

20231229_205530.jpg

Duh

WKR
I always just rinse them off after bleaching and call it good. My wife can get the 40% stuff though. I got really good results soaking a rag or old game bag in peroxide and warping it around the skull and putting a layer of tin foil on top before leaving it in the sun for a few hours. Usually leave it wrapped at least a day. Apparently the peroxide does better wrapped up. I’ve also wrapped in plastic wrap before too.

kpk

WKR
I've never clear coated mine - I'm not sure what the purpose of clear coating it would be?

pirogue

WKR
I’ve always bought and used the 40% also, but that pic looks quite white(easier to spell than say, 😂). But after your 2 apps, I’d let dry in the sun a few days(if you ain’t snowed in, up north). I’d try that and not clear coat.

OP
robtattoo

robtattoo

WKR
I’ve always bought and used the 40% also, but that pic looks quite white(easier to spell than say, 😂). But after your 2 apps, I’d let dry in the sun a few days(if you ain’t snowed in, up north). I’d try that and not clear coat.
Sorry to sound dumb, but before or after rinsing?

I'll try wrapping it for the 3rd coat, if I think it needs it.

Where the hell are y'all finding 40%? Do you mean 40 Volume, by any chance?

pirogue

WKR
Sorry to sound dumb, but before or after rinsing?

I'll try wrapping it for the 3rd coat, if I think it needs it.

Where the hell are y'all finding 40%? Do you mean 40 Volume, by any chance?
After rinsing. But I’ve also put in sun, before rinsing. But it depends on weather, for how long. Don’t rush it. Maybe it is 40 volume and not %, but at Salley’s Beauty type places.

OP
robtattoo

robtattoo

WKR
After rinsing. But I’ve also put in sun, before rinsing. But it depends on weather, for how long. Don’t rush it. Maybe it is 40 volume and not %, but at Salley’s Beauty type places.

That's what i figured, but I've been wrong before. 😄
Yep, same stuff I have. We use it at work quite a bit. 40 volume is 12%
They do sell a 50 volume, but it's 3 times the price & still only 15%

Iversen82

Lil-Rokslider
Mop-N-Glow flor wax works great to seal them, after years of dust collection you can hose it off and it will look like new again. You can get 40 volume h2o2 at Sally beauty supply, they sell a cream version that works awesome! I always mix with basis white powder to the consistency of mayonnaise and paint on, seal in a trash bag and leave in a heated area overnight. Wash off with hot water and let dry in the sun.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk