Home euro mount. Please advise.

Mop-N-Glow flor wax works great to seal them, after years of dust collection you can hose it off and it will look like new again. You can get 40 volume h2o2 at Sally beauty supply, they sell a cream version that works awesome! I always mix with basis white powder to the consistency of mayonnaise and paint on, seal in a trash bag and leave in a heated area overnight. Wash off with hot water and let dry in the sun.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Very similar to what I do. 40 Volume mixed with Basic White from either Sally’s or Amazon. Lather it on liberally then I wrap it up in plastic wrap. Then I put it under a UV grow light and blow dry it for a while to heat it up. Stuff works great.

Beaverdog

FNG
It looks good but you need to up the degreasing. I guarantee you in a month or two you will have deep seated grease coming out and staining the bone yellow. I soaked one of mine in an ammonia bath for a week straight and a year later still have grease coming out. A lot of the taxidermists soak their bone 1-2 months.

OP
robtattoo

robtattoo

WKR
It looks good but you need to up the degreasing. I guarantee you in a month or two you will have deep seated grease coming out and staining the bone yellow. I soaked one of mine in an ammonia bath for a week straight and a year later still have grease coming out. A lot of the taxidermists soak their bone 1-2 months.

Thanks for the tip!
I've got my eye on a really pretty, tall 6 poin. I've still got 1 buck tag & season doesn't finish until next Sunday 😃
I've been seeing him very regularly, I just haven't managed to put A & B together quite yet. Fingers crossed for tomorrow.

Beaverdog

FNG
Thanks for the tip!
I've got my eye on a really pretty, tall 6 poin. I've still got 1 buck tag & season doesn't finish until next Sunday 😃
I've been seeing him very regularly, I just haven't managed to put A & B together quite yet. Fingers crossed for tomorrow.
No problem, I get gallon jugs of ammonia at fleet farm. I’d say just don’t seal or coat it with anything then if/ when grease starts coming out a month or year later you can just throw it back in a solution and re de grease it.

TaperPin

WKR
If you look closely at a lot of really nice looking professional euro mounts, you’ll see they have been lightly airbrushed white. I have no idea what kind of paint is used, but I’ve watched it many times at a place with a table full of taxidermy awards.