Hot Sauce Recommendation?

TNLC100

FNG
Look up Gator Hammock, stuff is incredible. Not too hot, lots of flavor, best I have been able to find. Hard to find, best to just order from them, takes a while but worth the wait.

TreeDux

FNG
Another vote for Texas Pete. It’s my “daily driver “ hot sauce. Beyond that you can’t go wrong with anything by Marie Sharp’s. It captures the flavor of habanero without undue heat ( unless you want it). I’ve liked all of them including the orange and grapefruit habanero sauces. Cholula, as said many times here is another good one.

robtattoo

WKR
Not to brag, but I picked up 4, 17oz bottles of original Huy Fong Sriracha last week at a local Piggly Wiggly! 😳

If I'm using a sauce with Mexican food, Valentina black label is the way. For 99.9% of everything else, my own fermented red jalapeño/garlic ketchup. I haven't had anything better from any store yet. Not silly hot, very garlic forward with a touch of sweet in the back end.

Pizza? Tabasco.

Last edited:

ODB

WKR
Forgot to add - we go through a shocking amount of this stuff. We call it Angry Lady because our good friend (Chinese but grew up in Malaysia - she is our Asian food enabler) who introduced it to us always thought the lady on the front looked annoyed.

IMG_2951.jpeg

Arthur Wayne has some great stuff! Made in Missoula, MT i believe. The Montana rooster is my favorite.. they pineapple habanero is great as well. Get it online. Marie Sharps my second favorite

Scottyboy

WKR

This is a Wisconsin brand that does really great flavored hot sauces. Smokey Dokey and Cherry Bomb are my favorite- but they have tons of other blends.
They don’t try to blow your face off with heat. A little spendy though.

Thanks for the recommendation!!! Got my first pick your own 6-pack and the initial tasting is phenomenal!! The Holy Ghost is hot, yes, but not melt your face hot…just a nice pleasant heat for those that enjoy it! I have a feeling this thread is going to cost me a few bucks 😂

IMG_9354.jpeg

NRA4LIFE

WKR
My sister sent us that same (I think) 6 pack of Bushel and Pecks for Christmas. Excellent. She lives not far from Beloit so we get a nice care package every year.

feanor

WKR
Thanks for the recommendation!!! Got my first pick your own 6-pack and the initial tasting is phenomenal!! The Holy Ghost is hot, yes, but not melt your face hot…just a nice pleasant heat for those that enjoy it! I have a feeling this thread is going to cost me a few bucks 😂

View attachment 691154
That Belizean habanero is really tasty too. After Christmas , I had about 35 bottles of various sauces from gifts haha. Now I have about 7.

TX_Diver

WKR
My sister sent us that same (I think) 6 pack of Bushel and Pecks for Christmas. Excellent. She lives not far from Beloit so we get a nice care package every year.
I've walked by those locally a few times. I'm not far from Beloit either so next time I see one I'll have to try it.

Seth

WKR
Adobe Millings out of Dove Creek is outstanding. Cholula and Tabasco are always on the table.