How do you fund your hunting trips?

Squirrels

WKR
How does everyone get the funds for their hunting trips? Just your normal jobs, side hustles, stock market?
I have been bitten by the out of state hunting bug and need to find a way to justify it to my wife so I can go every year. LOL I think it would be easier to convince her by finding a way to pay for it without cutting into the household funds.
How much does she spend on home decor each year?

awasome

Lil-Rokslider
Have no debt except our mortgage.

Each month there is a line item in the budget for my hobbies/shopping that I move into a separate account.

My wife has a line item in the budget for her hobbies/shopping that she moves into a separate account.

We don't question or argue about anything that we pay for out of those accounts.

I was gonna say onlyfans too. My wife makes more than I do so I depend on my sugar momma. Not really, I do side jobs regularly and some goes to my wife for being understanding about my hunting and me doing side jobs. The rest goes into my hunting fund. I’ve done enough side jobs this year for a deposit on a sheep hunt. Really I don’t find hunting out of state to be terribly expensive, I figure $1500 to $2000 and I’m set.

Britt-dog

Lil-Rokslider
How does everyone get the funds for their hunting trips? Just your normal jobs, side hustles, stock market?
I have been bitten by the out of state hunting bug and need to find a way to justify it to my wife so I can go every year. LOL I think it would be easier to convince her by finding a way to pay for it without cutting into the household funds.
I'm single and not poor. I do what I want.

OP
B

Bljc34

FNG
There have been some great responses and I appreciate all of them! Lol
I think I should probably clear up a couple of things. We both have pretty solid jobs and have been pretty good about handling our money. The only debt that we have is the mortgage and our daughters college that we pay for as we go. No student loans.
I could probably afford a budget guided hunt every year or 2 but I don’t want to pull from the household funds to do it and honestly, if it’s something that I really want, she would be ok with it. Been married for 21 years and the only thing we disagree about is who’s picking dinner. Lol
We have always kept from blowing money on pointless things and that’s how we got in this financial situation. So, the whole wife thing was really just a joke. I would just like to find a way to make extra money through the year to not have to change what we do now.

nam1975

Lil-Rokslider
I save a hundred a month and take some from income tex refunds.
Flip some fishing and water sports stuff for a few bucks.
Let’s me go out west every other year.

137buck

Lil-Rokslider
I work a second job, and between that and my overtime, it funds my hunts, or new toys, plus my wife makes more than I do, so that helps with the money part.

I have a main job, side business in the spring/summer, small farming operation, and occasionally help friends on big projects for a high hourly rate. Otherwise I would never truly justify it, no matter how much I made at one job. If you only want to work 40 hours a week, you will more than likely not be able to swing big trips every year. Or have/do other cool things for that matter. If you arent busy doing something to either make money, grow a business or provide for yourself (growing food, etc) 70+ hours a week, you are being lazy is my philosophy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

KineKilla

WKR
I've set up a separate account. I have 300 every pay day go in so I have it for anything that comes up. That money goes towards my hunt apps, tags, ammo, arrows, boots, etc. Basically anything having to do with the hobbies I enjoy.

Sent from my SM-N976U using Tapatalk