How many game bags in your pack.

Wassid82

WKR
I carry 5. I have been won over by kuiu bags and will slowly switch out all five of my bags currently I have two.

for elk I carry 6, 4 big quarter bags, mix of kuiu, caribou, and black ovis, and 2 of the viam outdoors bags, which are elk quarter bags, but won't fit a roosie ham without a serious pita, so I have one for backstraps and tender loins, and one for grind scrap (neck, brisket, scrap)

I vac pack them and it's a small package.

for bear I carry 2 big quarter bags, for deer I carry 3 viam bags, hunting lions I carry just one, because I bone them out in the woods, and they just aren't that big once broken down

Felix40

WKR
My bags are 13”x29”. I carry 5 for pretty much all hunts. Looking at 7.5 oz so theres not much weight to cut there.

Maverick1

WKR
4 pair. Women's panty hose. Largest possible size available. Vacuum sealed. Work great when weight is at a premium. Combine with granular acid spray for when the flies or bees are out in warmer temperatures.

smbolan

FNG
I always have 4-6 with me no matter what I’m hunting

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4 TagBags. Super lightweight and not bulky at all. I like Cnelks idea of vac sealing them to reduce bulk even more.

joshjt25

FNG
5 caribou the wapiti game bags. There always in my pack.

Sent from my LM-G710VM using Tapatalk

netman

WKR
What I find amazing is the weight difference between different game bag manufacturers.
I bought some that were really light and did not weigh me down.
My buddy shoots a mule deer in the mountains of Colorado and I went to help him break it down and pack out. Well he forgot or did not pack his bags and asked to use mine. Sure no problem. We get all the deboned meat into three or four bags. We hump it out. When we get to camp he tells his son in law to replace my bags. I’m not sure if there was a wink involved but his SIL comes out with a new package of bags and hands them to me. I throw them in my pack as I had yet to fill my tag.
I’m not sure if these bags he gave me are made of lead or what but they are stinking heavy.
So to answer OP questions... I carry two light weight bags in my pack and keep the other heavy beast in my truck.

During archery season, I keep a TAG BOMB ("Boned Out Meat Bag") set with me at all times. They're a bit pricey, but they're durable and light (10 oz for the set). The "boned out" part of the name is very literal; you're not getting an elk quarter in there with the bone intact.

I carry the 5 pack of Caribou bags, couple extra pairs of nitrile gloves, Victorinox paring knife with a small diamond stone, a couple of contractor bags and a small piece of tyvek whenever I'm hunting.

wyodog

FNG
Depends how far in I am. But usually 3. 2 for deboned quarters and 1 for trim. If I have tough hike back I'll take 4.