Howa Builds

Thanks, it's far and away my favourite rifle to use.
I'm in New Zealand, here it's easier to find stainless minis than blued.
Unfortunately our exchange rate sucks or else I'd be buying one of those Stockys carbon stocks asap.

the bottom metal is just a cut down 10 round mag that I did here

Damn Kiwi! I wish we could get them in stainless, thanks for sharing the mag modification.

I wish I could send you a carbon stock and you could send me a stainless mini.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
Bbell12

Bbell12

WKR
Anyone tried their new carbon fiber barreled actions? Am eyeballing them for a future build…

grfox92

WKR
I had a thread about this but didn't get any responses and think maybe I'll get an answer here...

Are the limitations for bullet seating depths based on magazine lengrh in the Howas in 300wm, 7mm RM or 300prc?

Sent from my SM-G990U using Tapatalk

Bench_Talk

Lil-Rokslider
I had a thread about this but didn't get any responses and think maybe I'll get an answer here...

Are the limitations for bullet seating depths based on magazine lengrh in the Howas in 300wm, 7mm RM or 300prc?

Sent from my SM-G990U using Tapatalk
So usually your seating depth comes from two limiting factors, #1 is your chamber throat specs, and #2 is the cartridge overall length your magazine can actually accommodate

Bench_Talk

Lil-Rokslider
I fell into the .223 Rokslide rabbit hole. I bought a mini 1-8 twist barreled action. Its getting reamed to .223 improved right now. I bought a JTac elf owl chassis for it and I have a SWFA 6x for it. I'll post pics when I have it all put together.

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk
I’ve wanted to do this same thing 223AI, please definitely post follow up👍🏻

eric1115

WKR
PXL_20230320_015858423.jpgPXL_20230426_024933488.jpg

I think I have nearly my ideal kid's gun now. 6mm ARC, magazine chop, mag release trim, forend chop/shave/a couple carbon arrow shafts epoxied in, shortened LOP with Decelerator pad, epoxy putty vertical grip closer to trigger for small hands, thumb rest, Arca plate. I'm sure a T3x Compact in .223 would have been an easier route to a great kid's gun (maybe even better than this) but I enjoy tinkering. 7 lb 12 oz as pictured.

mcr-85

WKR
Just waiting on rings to mount the scope and I need to load some fireforming loads. It should be a fun little gun.
2bb3dee120550c692a6e82e29d8defef.jpg

Talley lows don't work worth a dang for me and this chassis. I have ordered mediums and highs. I'll figure out which gives me the best cheek weld.
5d15d1b31f4e58fe8bb298f55beaec58.jpg

How's the cheek weld on that stock? In my mind it seems to far back.

mcr-85

WKR
How's the cheek weld on that stock? In my mind it seems to far back.
I am undecided on it at this point. Hopefully with higher rings everything is a bit more comfortable. If not I'll be moving this stock and looking for a Stocky's carbon stock for this gun.

The plan for the sliding stock chassis is for my kids to be able to shoot this and then I can slide it out and shoot it as well.

OP
Bbell12

Bbell12

WKR
I am undecided on it at this point. Hopefully with higher rings everything is a bit more comfortable. If not I'll be moving this stock and looking for a Stocky's carbon stock for this gun.

The plan for the sliding stock chassis is for my kids to be able to shoot this and then I can slide it out and shoot it as well.
The Stocky’s VG seems like an awesome fit for the mini actions.

Thanks! I would like to try out the JTAC chassis with a Black Collar folding stock attached via picatinny rail. No telescoping feature for the kids though.