Howa Builds

I just put this 6mm ARC together this week. I grabbed the barreled action from Brownells and the stock if from Stocky's. I dropped a Burris Timberline scope with steel bases/rings. It weighs 5.85 lbs right now but I should be able to cut the weight a little with aluminum bases/rings.

Attachments

• 6mm arc.jpg
    6mm arc.jpg
    376.4 KB · Views: 103
For what kind of build?
I have a Howa SA donor and a 1:7.5" IBI Medium Hunter Barrel for a 6CM build. Donor came in an MDT XRS Chassis, but at 4lb for just the chassis its far too heavy. Will be used for Fallow Deer hunting out to about 650m. Optic is a NF NX8 4-32.

BasinBuck

FNG
Really liking this build! I'm tempted to order the same carbon fibre stock. Did you need to bed it?
Also if you’re planning to paint/don’t care about the finish, just order a “factory second” from them. Much cheaper.

It was back ordered when I ordered but still got it quick. You can call to verify availability.

Last edited:
Also if you’re planning to paint/don’t care about the finish, just order a “factory second” from them. Much cheaper.

It was back ordered when I ordered but still got it quick. You can call to verify availability.

Would love to be able to do that. Unfortunately, we cannot get stockys here in Australia. We can only get the Black/White Spider Web Carbon Hunter for the 1500 that OSA imports here as a "Howa Carbon" which is made by Stockys.

bpitcher

FNG
I'm looking at putting together one of the carbon barreled actions in 6.5 PRC. Does anyone have a an actual weight on it? Brownells lists it at 5.125lbs. Legacy Sports International could not give me a weight, as they apparently do not see them.

LSI also told me that the weight of the Carbon Elevate (carbon barrel and stocky's carbon stock) was 7.5lbs. Brownells lists it at 7.1lbs.

LSI stated the weight of the Carbon Stalker 6.5 PRC (steel barrel, stockys carbon stock) at 7.25lbs. Lighter than the all carbon gun...

The weights seem to be different from every source I read. I'd greatly appreciate some numbers straight from someone who owns one!

Te Hopo

Lil-Rokslider
I just put this 6mm ARC together this week. I grabbed the barreled action from Brownells and the stock if from Stocky's. I dropped a Burris Timberline scope with steel bases/rings. It weighs 5.85 lbs right now but I should be able to cut the weight a little with aluminum bases/rings.
Hmm I have one of those Burris Timberline compacts sitting on a shelf, I might have to give it a go on my Mini as that looks great on there

I forgot to ask... what did this rifle group like in that stock unbedded?

My 6CM Howa Build is almost finished.
22" IBI Med Hunter Barrel 1:7.5" twist. NX8 in NF Rings. MDT 20MOA Base. Manael Light Arca Rail.
The only disappointing component was the MDT Field Stock, more flexible in the forend than a Hogue stock. I'm returning it tomorrow.

Attachments

• 20240226_190516.jpg
    20240226_190516.jpg
    781.2 KB · Views: 14

BLUE4LIFE

FNG
My 6CM Howa Build is almost finished.
22" IBI Med Hunter Barrel 1:7.5" twist. NX8 in NF Rings. MDT 20MOA Base. Manael Light Arca Rail.
The only disappointing component was the MDT Field Stock, more flexible in the forend than a Hogue stock. I'm returning it tomorrow.
That’s a mdt stock? It looks similar to the Hera H7 stock. Still a very nice build!

tpicou

Lil-Rokslider
Thinking about doing this with the howa mini action in 350 legend. That + carbon stocky's stock should be a pretty light combo for straight wall states like mine.