I take 2 of these...

Poser

WKR
2 headlamps
2 knives

Usually 2 baselayer shirts (one lightweight, one mid weight), however, there may be some overnight scouting trips where I just bring one.

2 releases
2 methods of fire starting
2 methods of water purification
2 flasks of whiskey
2 headlamps
2 sets of truck keys

On the keys, one thing that has bailed me out a couple times over the years and not just hunting is having a key secured under the vehicle with some type of heavy duty wire. I like to use chain link fence wire, its galvanized and stiff as hell. I'm not a fan of the magnetic boxes. I've had them fall off numerous times. The trick is to have it in a place that is a nuisance to get to so that you don't just grab it when your keys are buried in your pack or you left them in the house. That way it is always there if/when you need it. I've had my dog hit the door lock in my truck when I had just jumped out to open a gate and left the truck running. Life. Saver.

Marble

WKR
There are a few things I take 2 of in my pack.

1) Headlamps. Id rather have a spare headlamp ready to go than to switch batteries

2) Knives. I take one fixed blade and one Havalon

3) Fire starters. Either two lighters, or one lighter and one flint/magnesium

Anyone else double up on anything?
I bring all those and a second release and flashlight.

One firestarter pack, a tiny flashlight and a lighter live in my binoculars harness year round.

Riplip

WKR
"2 is one, 1 is none"

Not sure where I read that (maybe Jocko or some other military book). Always kind of stuck with me for important items (water, fire etc).

Sled

WKR
"2 is one, 1 is none"

Not sure where I read that (maybe Jocko or some other military book). Always kind of stuck with me for important items (water, fire etc).

i carry two deer. drag two elk.

I'm with you, OP; some things are important enough to accept the weight penalty and take two.

1) Headlamps. I take an extra battery anyway. An 18650 battery needs to be stored in a case. I use a second Zebralight headlamp as my "battery case", as it only weighs 1.4 oz.

3) Fire starters. Lighter and scraper.

4) Socks! Been burned with wet socks, plus I sleep in a clean pair anyway to keep my bag clean

5) Chemical foot warmers. I always take two pairs for comfort or emergency.

6) Shelter systems. I carry a Zpacks Pocket Tarp, which is a complete shelter. 5.3 oz. This is in case I get caught out overnight or in some crazy storm.

Ultra lighters will cringe but I take 2 burners.
Jetboil and whisperlite.
Things go fine I use one for coffee the other for food (i boil oats for breakfast).
I also take the jet in my day pack for afternoon coffee.
I could always boil water on the campfire if the jet failed. Would probably be toast after that with the neoprene sleeve and what not.
I prefer the whisper backup plus I’m not hunting solo so it’s not really a burden for one of the other guys to bring a stove.

I also bring the good old fashioned trails illustrated paper backup to phone gps.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Only one H2O solution for me. One headlamp too, but i take a small hand torch usually.

Three knives (Pocket folder, fixed skinner, havalon.

Two releases.

Two locations of packed TP.

brsnow

WKR
2 rounds, 1 for the animal, the other if anything occurs while breaking it down;-)

Beendare

WKR
2 arrows for sure! grin

It looks like I'm the odd man out on duplicates.

I was once shamed by a guy elk hunting in Arizona; no pack just a water bottle, phone and gps...thats it. He was literally running through the woods chasing elk. He said if he gets one down, he goes back to camp for his pack or quad anyway......

Kidding about the "Shaming" but I've become a minimalist these days. . I used to pack duplicate stuff....but not so much now. I used to be you had to p[ack duplicates due to reliability. Those old mini mag and bulbed flashlights were so unreliable it was ridiculous!

I do have duplicates back at camp but don't pack a bunch of extra stuff around now.

Headlamp- my Zebra 16850 is super reliable, though I do have a backup battery for it and my phone. I can use the flashlight on my phone in a pinch.

Water purification- I always have the pills...sometimes a filter. I will drink straight from a spring out of the Mountain regularly....depends on the source of course.

Knives- I have my go to processing knife the Benchmade Altitude....and then I usually have a small pocket knife like the Mini Grip....so I suppose that 2 of those.

Lighter- if it doesn't start with the one [which I test beforehand] then no fire.

Compass- I always have one in my pocket....but my phone doubles as a compass so no need for 2.

Tab- If I lose my tab...I walk back to camp...I can still shoot with fingers though not as clean a release.

I do have a couple or more of some items; Nitrile gloves, wipes and such.....

Fatcamp

WKR
There are a few things I take 2 of in my pack.

1) Headlamps. Id rather have a spare headlamp ready to go than to switch batteries

3) Fire starters. Either two lighters, or one lighter and one flint/magnesium

Anyone else double up on anything?

Release.

mlgc20

WKR
Obviously, I’m in the minority. I guess I’ve been too influenced by my ultralight backpacking days. I don’t double up on anything other than a set of extra headlamp batteries. Carrying two water purification methods seems excessive.

two releases
two knives
two ways to make fire
two head lamps (with spare batteries)
two diaphragm calls
two blow calls
two small bundles para-cord
two cheap reading glasses (wear one and one in protective case)