If you could move anywhere?

Ridley

Lil-Rokslider
I’ve wanted to move to ID or Montana for a while but lately I’ve been thinking of going back home to northern New Mexico. Grew up just outside of ABQ but Taos has been tugging at me recently.

We have actually been talking about this lately. We are retired so jobs are not holding us back. We have lived in Texas all of our lives but travel to other states as much as possible. Property taxes have gotten outrageous here. We been looking at Arkansas, New Mexico and Colorado.

Dunndm

WKR
What part of CR?

I used to go to Jaco (out skirts) to surf, fish and drink. The last time I went it was getting really expensive, more crime, police wanted money (like Mexico) If your walking down the street after street lights come on. Jaco turned into a giant hooker city. Dunno if it was before I went but it sure got nasty and bad. (Unless your into it)
The surf is amazing, fishing is better. It’s still a beautiful area. Just not my cup of tea anymore.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wyoming for 1 year straight then after that Wyoming for 185 days and GA for 180 days as per the letter of the law.....

That's our plan.

HOT ROD

WKR
We moved to Wyoming eight years ago worst mistake we made... Sitting here now and the wind is probably gusting 60 mph weather forecast calling for 6-8 inches of snow Friday and Saturday in the lower elevations 12 inches plus in the mountains... Arizona sounds nice:cool:

We moved to Wyoming eight years ago worst mistake we made... Sitting here now and the wind is probably gusting 60 mph weather forecast calling for 6-8 inches of snow Friday and Saturday in the lower elevations 12 inches plus in the mountains... Arizona sounds nice:cool:
Really? The high today was 89 degrees in Casper, and they're forecasting 6-8" of snow tomorrow-Saturday?

fmyth

WKR
If it makes you feel better I'm in AZ where it is 105 degrees. We've got another month of 100+ days but the nights are finally getting cooler. Heading your way in a couple weeks to help a friend get his first antelope and fill my once every 5 year deer tag.

Mojave

WKR
Utah or Southern Idaho (just so you don't sound like a nube they call it "south Idaho").

Montana has the same problem that Colorado and New Mexico have. It is turning blue.

New Mexico is fine, lots of sports here. Been here for 3 years.

Wyoming has sports, but having grown up most of my pre 20 life in Wyoming and being a Wyoming native. Wyomingites are not friendly at all to anyone not from there. Especially new people with an accent!

The Dakotans are friendly.

If you want to hunt and don't own land to hunt on (I.E. hunting public land), then the answers is this: Alaska, Wyoming, Montana, Idaho, Colorado, Arizona, New Mexico Utah, Nevada.

Total quality of life matters more than tags (not to me, but to my wife). Best quality of life based on the same states is in this order: Arizona, Nevada, New Mexico, Colorado, Idaho, Montana, Alaska, Wyoming. Because: weather, climate, politics, fishing, ATV riding, camping, crime.

Wyoming, Eastern Montana and Northern Idaho have worse weather than Anchorage Alaska does, and less quality of life going on.

You are asking more than one question, and there isn't one answer to what you are asking.

Alaska, 100%.
If it wasn’t for the long winters, I would be an Ak resident… I don’t particularly mind the long winters, but I don’t think my wife and daughter would enjoy it… life would be easy for me up there.

Had I not spent a couple years working up there, I would probably move there, but I know how long the winter season is

Ideally, live up there April through August, then back to Oregon for the rest, with a couple weeks up there late Oct to fill my blacktail tags. April in SE can be incredibly nice weather, especially the last 2 weeks, mild weather with perfect temperature…

Wyoming and Montana also have intense winters, so there is some room for justification to move up there. Wrangell and Petersburg are both really nice towns, lots of Swedish/Norwegian people, and friendly, which isn’t the case in all Alaskan towns

Mojave

WKR
If it wasn’t for the long winters, I would be an Ak resident… I don’t particularly mind the long winters, but I don’t think my wife and daughter would enjoy it… life would be easy for me up there.

Had I not spent a couple years working up there, I would probably move there, but I know how long the winter season is

Ideally, live up there April through August, then back to Oregon for the rest, with a couple weeks up there late Oct to fill my blacktail tags. April in SE can be incredibly nice weather, especially the last 2 weeks, mild weather with perfect temperature…

Wyoming and Montana also have intense winters, so there is some room for justification to move up there. Wrangell and Petersburg are both really nice towns, lots of Swedish/Norwegian people, and friendly, which isn’t the case in all Alaskan towns
Yes, SE Alaska is awesome!

Far southwest Alaska is also awesome. King Salmon!