If you could only have 1 rimfire rifle

norcan

FNG
I like the recommendations above for a bolt action 22lr. I would stay away from the 10/22 if you are looking for 1 rifle though. This is coming from a guy who has three of those things and I love them because of how fun they are to shoot. The problem is they are inherently inaccurate at longer ranges due to the ammo restrictions. In order to get the semi auto action to work you need supersonic ammo. The subsonic ammo just won't cycle the bolt. With supersonic 22lr you are good to about 50 yards, but after that the round will fall below the sound barrier and when that happens accuracy goes to hell.
I've never had a problem getting all sorts of subsonic ammo to run reliably in my 10/22. If yours is failing to cycle, you can simply swap out the recoil spring assembly to a lighter one.

For me, 22s are about fun, so the 10/22 would be my one-rimfire choice because of how unlimited the options are and how much entertainment it provides.

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
I have a ruger 77/22 with a leupold vx 1 rimfire 2-7 that has been good to go for about 10 years. It's my only rimfire rifle and has killed more stuff than all of my other guns combined.

my 'be all, end all' is a RimX .22...
IMG_8467.JPG

IMG_E7492.JPG

Marbles

WKR
Classified Approved
22 mag is ideal for hunting, but hard to find a light bolt action in it. Consequently, I have a 22lr.

You don’t want a 17 unless you’re just killing squirrels and rabbits as pests and don’t plan the eat them. They wreck squirrels and do a lot of damage to rabbits too. Standard 22 is the ticket if you’re eating them.

My go to is a Tacsol Xring takedown with a TBAC suppressor.

Love my CZ 455.I have the bull barrel version that I had cut to 16”and recrowned and run a can exclusively and it shoots multiple brands of .22lr into a jagged hole at 50

SC HUNTER

FNG
If I can only have 1 it will be a ruger 10-22. Unlimited aftermarket parts and extra magazines are cheap. We've got several and love them all.

If I can pick 1 more it would be my Marlin 17 hmr heavy barrel with a leupold 4.5-14 on it. That rifle has killed a pile of critters for me. I bought a bunch of ammo for it several years ago and pick up a few boxes every time I see it.

TheGDog

WKR
You don’t want a 17 unless you’re just killing squirrels and rabbits as pests and don’t plan the eat them. They wreck squirrels and do a lot of damage to rabbits too. Standard 22 is the ticket if you’re eating them.

My go to is a Tacsol Xring takedown with a TBAC suppressor.
They make Rabbits do AWESOME backflips when you headshot them! ;)

Rich M

WKR
I like classic 10/22. Also have a couple bolt actions, savage and winchester.

Fun guns and lower cost ammo, easy to practice with.

I try to get stainless when buying a new gun.

jhm2023

WKR
I really enjoy my 10/22 especially after I added a tacsol barrel, Magpul backpacker stock and Magpul red dot mount with a small red dot and obviously a suppressor because it's who doesn't like suppressed 22s. That said, if I could only have one rimfire, which is ridiculous, it would without a doubt be a suppressed CZ 457 scout. My range stapler I use for targets is louder than the suppressed 457 with subs and I can hit a steel IPSC target out to 300 about half the time once I learn the massive holdover. So I'd say it's accurate enough.

B23

WKR
The CZ 457 American Combo is a pretty nice setup and comes with everything you need to shoot 22LR as well as 17 HMR.

One of those in their American Combo model would pretty well satisfy the vast majority of rimfire enthusiasts.

Jakelly

FNG
22 LR for sure. If I can only have 1, I guess I’d take a Bighorn build. For sub 1K normal stuff my CZ 452 LH is a pretty impressive little 22.