Ironwill Broadhead Issues

Marble

WKR
I’m a 28” draw length and my arrows (valley of nock to end of carbon) are 29”.

I appreciate the feedback boys! I’m in rural Alaska. So I do all my own bow work. Have a press, jigs, the whole shabang, it’s no big deal to buy and try. But I’m a week+ out on getting any arrows etc. So trying to buy diff spines and make up arrows doesn’t just happen over night. It could take me months to try 4 diff make ups if I wait to see if the next thing I buy works or not. Getting feedback on this post is HUGE for me.

I’m thinking I’ll try some 300 rampages with iron will collars. Putting me at 150gr upfront. That should be the ticket hopefully. Thoughts on that??

I knew the ironwills were the best in the game for what I wanted them for. So I bought 9 of them assuming I’d be able to get them to work....kind of discouraging at first shooting the 3 I chose for target arrows and having ZERO consistency. I know it’s not the BHs. I just needed to hear it from guys with more wisdom than me.

Thanks for the help!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Just for giggles.
300 Rampages with 150 total upfront should work well. I'd cut the arrows a little shorter too if you can to be a little stiffer.
I was thinking the same thing. Not sure how much shorter the OP can go, but seems like an inch could be shaved off.

60x

WKR
where at in rural Alaska? Im in the Wasilla. So what kind of tuning have you done before trying them? Do you have a bow press?

OP
as.ks.ak

as.ks.ak

WKR
where at in rural Alaska? Im in the Wasilla. So what kind of tuning have you done before trying them? Do you have a bow press?

I’m in Skagway. I dont want to start a great debate here. But I only did paper tuning. And yes. I have everything except for an arrow saw.

I just ordered 28” 300 rampages. Excited to get them here and get ‘em all fletched up.

60x

WKR
I’m in Skagway. I dont want to start a great debate here. But I only did paper tuning. And yes. I have everything except for an arrow saw.

I just ordered 28” 300 rampages. Excited to get them here and get ‘em all fletched up.

Not sure what you mean. Was just looking to help you. All the best to ya

OP
as.ks.ak

as.ks.ak

WKR
Not sure what you mean. Was just looking to help you. All the best to ya

Oh, no I didnt mean that to seem off putting. I just know a lot of guys have a million theories on what way is best to tune yada yada yada. Didn’t want to start a pissing match.

Did you have anything different to add other than what else has already been said? If so I’m super curious! Appreciate the outreach!

Ono

FNG
Had/have similar issue with the ironwill 125gr s series. 125 solid broadheads flying good at 40. 125 ironwills flew into another universe. Interestingly enough after one was excessively fouled from encountering a dirt pile with rock, it flew fine.