Is Utah hitting cards yet?

JasonWi

WKR
This just seemed fitting with the thread!

Robby that emoji looks like me after a binder of Mexican food and drinks

Attachments

• E8786868-7F84-421C-AF0F-37C0E2C3A58E.png
    E8786868-7F84-421C-AF0F-37C0E2C3A58E.png
    240.8 KB · Views: 68

cgasner1

WKR
Just wish they would hit those cards so when I get rejected I can give the money to seek outside

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3 pts Gen Deer, still in holding pattern for LE Elk, 5 pts pronghorn, 4 pts doe- Utah is the weirdest State.
I drew LE Archery elk with 4 pts. That same year, anoher one of the LE archery tags went to a guy who was on his first year back into the draw- 1 pt. I can't seem to draw a Gen Deer tag but every 3 years, and now with the reduced tag allocations- maybe but maybe not.

3 pts Gen Deer, still in holding pattern for LE Elk, 5 pts pronghorn, 4 pts doe- Utah is the weirdest State.
I drew LE Archery elk with 4 pts. That same year, anoher one of the LE archery tags went to a guy who was on his first year back into the draw- 1 pt. I can't seem to draw a Gen Deer tag but every 3 years, and now with the reduced tag allocations- maybe but maybe not.
He drew one of the 50% randoms. Seems like there are always a few low point holders that draw a tag every year.

cgasner1

WKR
Couple years ago I pulled a limited entry buck tag on 4 points that took a resident 18 to draw it happens

Couple years ago I pulled a limited entry buck tag on 4 points that took a resident 18 to draw it happens

Haha Yep on The LE it seems to be a bizzare thing, as I stated. How ever for the General deer tag draws, I can't seemed to draw but 3 times a decade. That is just crazy. My odds of drawing a LE tag are almost as good. lol

BuzzH

WKR
I'm one tag away from having too many. I already have a bull moose tag in Wyoming I drew on a random longshot, drew a great limited deer tag in Montana. Will have the usual 3 elk tags, pronghorn, deer in Wyoming for sure. My wife and I are both in for everything in Utah...good thing all long shots but we have 23 points for some species. Also in for everything in Nevada and moose, sheep, goat in Montana. My nephew's are both really likely to have bull elk and maybe cow tags in Wyoming. It's going to busy.

MTtrout

WKR
When living in UT for 6 years I drew a nice LE elk tag on two points and never missed a deer general so anything can happen. Utah has some darn good hunting, from birds to antlers. Good luck to all of you

JasonWi

WKR
It’s always exciting when the results are posted. I apply each year with no expectation of drawing as I view UT and NV as basically OIL tags regardless of species.

I built up 8pp for general deer knowing I wouldn’t need that many, but wanted to ensure I could draw on the year I was ready. With the tag reductions and herds declining I’m a bit confused on which direction to best use them?

Being a late season blacktail hunter the opportunity to hunt velvet bucks just seems so cool. I’ll be on cloud nine if I do ever draw, just to spot and stalk bucks will be so much fun and completely different than sitting in treestands.

twall13

WKR
I heard from another guy who called in this morning to change his credit card. He said they wouldn't change it because they had already started the draw. So it should be any day now they start hitting cards. We'll see though, I never really believe it until I start seeing proof of cards hit or emails.

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk