Is your WY hunt at risk due to point creep?

The reemergence of that old Thorofare thread got me thinking. Did you or someone you know book a WY hunt a few years ago thinking you would only need 2 or 3 points to draw and are now screwed? Is your outfitter working with you to push it out?

Last edited:

ez_willie

Lil-Rokslider
I just sent a buddy that’s old sitting on max points to an outfitter that offered him a free hunt because he had 5 other guys at 2-3 pts and he needed just one to bring there average up.

realunlucky

Super Moderator
Staff member
I just sent a buddy that’s old sitting on max points to an outfitter that offered him a free hunt because he had 5 other guys at 2-3 pts and he needed just one to bring there average up.
I have a buddy that is booked with an outfitter who told him 3 points would draw the western general elk tag.

I thought it was a crazy but now I know the behind the scenes work around.

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

JoeB

Lil-Rokslider
we booked a few years ago and have 4 points now. Our outfitter is saying he thinks will draw this year seams confident.

ez_willie

Lil-Rokslider
I have a buddy that is booked with an outfitter who told him 3 points would draw the western general elk tag.

I thought it was a crazy but now I know the behind the scenes work around.

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk
This outfitter wanted at least a 4.5 average for western general and made everyone go in the special if that tells you anything.

Hard to say what it will actually take but some of these outfitters are pretty smart and pool their applicants with other apps sitting on a lot of points. My buddy and his friend drew last year with one point because the outfitter grouped him with a hunter who had 11. I hope the guy with 11 got a discount.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro