Jocko Willink Origin Hunting Gear?

Gwchem

Lil-Rokslider
This is only true for some purchases. Depending on the size of the purchase (generally under $10k) you can buy whatever fits the requirement. “Milspec” should hold no value when considering technical clothing IMHO
And the biggest purchases, like aircraft, have mandatory production outside of the United States. To ensure we can sell them to foreign allies.

Goose1327

FNG
I test stuff to mil specs as part of my job. We have lots of qualified manufacturers outside of the US. You're wrong.
The Buy American Act and the Berry Amendment are fact enough. I’m AD and anything we source through our supply chain must jump through certain hoops. Sure we may be testing non-american made items to gauge them or reverse engineer but large scale implementation can’t happen.

Goose1327

FNG
And the biggest purchases, like aircraft, have mandatory production outside of the United States. To ensure we can sell them to foreign allies.
Our Aircraft are not manufactured overseas I can 100% guarantee you that. Picked more than a few up from the factory. Boeing and LM DOD contracts have plants scattered throughout the US. We do sell to allies/parter nations but even those birds aren’t always outfitted with everything.

Gwchem

Lil-Rokslider
The Buy American Act and the Berry Amendment are fact enough. I’m AD and anything we source through our supply chain must jump through certain hoops. Sure we may be testing non-american made items to gauge them or reverse engineer but large scale implementation can’t happen.
I get it, but in reality there's only a few countries that we can't source from. Many of the high profile contracts, like your m17 pistol, would have too much visibility to have a non-domestic factory, but even then the money goes to Germany.

Gwchem

Lil-Rokslider
Our Aircraft are not manufactured overseas I can 100% guarantee you that. Picked more than a few up from the factory. Boeing and LM DOD contracts have plants scattered throughout the US. We do sell to allies/parter nations but even those birds aren’t always outfitted with everything.
Not the whole aircraft, but parts of them sure are, and I've seen it firsthand. LM got in a mess of trouble over the last few years trying to find alternatives to the Turkish made components on the f-35, after Turkey fell apart. It's part of the deal for every purchasing partner to have a portion of the aircraft made in their home country.

I’ve been issued the “top of the line” military gear for a decade or so and still find myself ordering gear from the top tier hunting companies (whether it be military or personal funds). There is a reason companies such as Sitka, Kuiu, and First Lite export the majority of their clothing line. I’d love to see technical apparel on par with these companies or what I used to expect from Arcteryx brought to America. Unfortunately I see a lack in performance or a drastic increase in price with American made technical apparel. (Just look at the prices on Arcteryx LEAF and Sitka Arrowhead) Hope Origin proves me wrong!
Idk man, you should look into forloh, their tech is better than sitka, kuiu and most definitely first lite IMO. I have a whole kit and its WAY better than pieces ive had from those brands, competitively priced, sourced and made here and like 90% of their stuff also comes in solids. Its as good as the stone glacier and arcteryx stuff ive had if not better, but sourced and made here. They do have a military discount and pretty frequent sales to the public also

cg2737

WKR
I try to buy american manufactured items as often as possible. It is important to me. My son and I have several Origin Gi's, spats, and sweatshirts. Two of the Gis are three years old now and have not so much as lost a stitch. I will try out some of their hunting apparel without hesitation. Origin's history is hard not to get behind.

I do not like the blue tones in the camo pattern, but hopefully they tweak that or make stuff in solids.

btindall

FNG
Any plans for a hooded insulated jacket made out of alpha direct like your interceptor vest? That would be the piece that Sitka doesn't know how to make, or refuses to make.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
Hi, yes we have an Alpha Direct zip hoodie going into production for a late summer release and it is designed to go under the rain jacket. This will be a solid color with a 3/8" trim in Toray Dot Air on the waist hem and hood.

sneaky

"DADDY"
Hi, yes we have an Alpha Direct zip hoodie going into production for a late summer release and it is designed to go under the rain jacket. This will be a solid color with a 3/8" trim in Toray Dot Air on the waist hem and hood.
@Trial153 prayers are answered. @Ryan Avery this would make a good second layer

sneaky

"DADDY"
Sounds like there's more than one new piece coming I didn't know about. Any details on what the solid color will be?

sneaky

"DADDY"
@mtwarden this might interest you as well.

Man y’all sound like a bunch of sorority girls online shopping and picking out a cute outfit. What’s wrong with the clothes you already hunt in? It’s wild how easily people can be advertised to and bought.

sharpk

FNG
The camo pattern reminds me of UA Reaper. It looks slick though and Origin has solid BJJ Gi's. I bet its quality stuff, I'll stick with my sitka for the time being though.

sneaky

"DADDY"
Man y’all sound like a bunch of sorority girls online shopping and picking out a cute outfit. What’s wrong with the clothes you already hunt in? It’s wild how easily people can be advertised to and bought.
Curious as to why you care? It's their money

Ryan Avery

Admin
Staff member
Man y’all sound like a bunch of sorority girls online shopping and picking out a cute outfit. What’s wrong with the clothes you already hunt in? It’s wild how easily people can be advertised to and bought
I don't know if you know this but you are on a website built to talk about hunting clothing and gear. If you don't like it leave.

I don't know if you know this but you are on a website built to talk about hunting clothing and gear. If you don't like it leave.
I was literally about to say the exact same thing haha.. I dont understand why people feel the need to say stuff like that, especially on a gear oriented site

Dash

FNG
I, for one, welcome additions to the market to increase competiton. This helps bring prices down & increase quality not to mention potentially finding alternatives that work better for someones set up.

I try to buy american manufactured items as often as possible. It is important to me. My son and I have several Origin Gi's, spats, and sweatshirts. Two of the Gis are three years old now and have not so much as lost a stitch. I will try out some of their hunting apparel without hesitation. Origin's history is hard not to get behind.

I do not like the blue tones in the camo pattern, but hopefully they tweak that or make stuff in solids.

I could be wrong, but it looked like Jocko was wearing a solid Olive Drab color coat in their announcement zoom call thingy...

I will also say, I've met Jocko & his Echelon Front crew in person, even improved my shooting thanks to some pointers from JP Dinnell (SEAL Sniper). They are all top notch, All-American heroes. Chris Kyle was JP's counterpart.

I will absolutely support their company over Sitka, Kuiu, etc.