kifaru parka vs kuiu super down

has there been a comparison or thread about this already?

in the market for another puffy jacket and looking at these 2

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

So you need to be more specific because there is no comparing super down to Kifaru LPP. The LPP is 4 times warmer, but the super down is 4 times lighter. one is down and the other is synthetic. Now if you are comparing the super down pro than that is a little closer in a warmth comparison. One weighs 13.4 oz the other 25 oz. One is way more durable and will stay warm when wet, the other is middle of the road in durability and can lose its warmth if wet.

What conditions are you primarily using it in? wet, dry, are you using this primarily on backpack hunts or day hunts?

Kotaman

WKR
The similarities in these two pretty much stop with the exception that they are both jackets. Synthetic vs. Down, heavy vs. light, warm vs. Not as warm, durable vs fairly fragile, packable vs. bulk. All depends on what you want in a puffy. These two are on completely different planets. If I’m in a wet environment of the NW, I would consider the LPP, if I’m going on an early season sheep hunt, the SD would be a great option. For me and most of my hunts, I need a packable, light puffy and the LPP is a non starter for those uses. Now, if I’m doing a drive up hunt in a wet environment, the LPP would be a great choice.

Deadfall

WKR
I been wearing the LPP for 3 years. Have never owned anything that compares. It has survived 2.5 guiding seasons. 2 night calving seasons. 2 seasons of wolf ing. I haven't even had to burn a loose thread yet.

Not only is it toughest thing I've ever owned its the warmest.

Others pack down better but thats a non factor for what I get.

Usually at year 2 I'm loosing stuffing and burning threads. By year 3 I'm buying new.

I quit even looking at anything else. This coat wears out ill be getting another.

Beckjhong

WKR
I complain to myself about how bulky the LPP is. Weight isn’t overly heavy. But every time I pull it out and use it I am thankful for how durable and warm it is. Reliable and tough, I’ve stopped looking at other options.