Kuiu quality?

Anybody else notice kuiu quality on the decline?
I purchased a hat and it was supposed to be a Richardson 112 and it’s a made in China hat with subpar stitching and a crooked patch?

Hate to hear that. I have had some sizing and fit issues with kuiu, but apart from a set of water resistant pants hat weren’t, everything I have bought has been well made.

TheViking

WKR
I purchased a hat and it was supposed to be a Richardson 112 and it’s a made in China hat with subpar stitching and a crooked patch?

I wouldn’t judge Kuiu off a casual hat that they don’t produce.

Their stuff is top notch. I’ve been using them for years, amazing quality.

OP
C
Why not,it’s advertised on there site as made in usa Richardson 112.
If it wasn’t I totally agree.

TheViking

WKR
Why not,it’s advertised on there site as made in usa Richardson 112.
If it wasn’t I totally agree.

Because it’s not something kuiu produces. Was it wrong for them to send you something not as advertised? Yes, 100%.

But you can’t come on here and blast kuiu for poor quality products when the product you’re referring to isn’t something they produce!

That’s like getting pissed at Ford because the Goodyear Tires they put on their truck don’t get food traction in the snow. That’s not on Ford, that’s Goodyear.

Call kuiu and tell them they sent you the wrong hat.

Have you sent Kuiu an email, with attached photo showing the crooked patch and subpar stitching, and asked them to rectify it?

Give them an opportunity to make things right in your eyes.

Spoonman

WKR
I wouldn’t judge Kuiu off a casual hat that they don’t produce.

Their stuff is top notch. I’ve been using them for years, amazing quality.
The patch on the hat was stitched on in California. I’ve worn KUIU for a long time and while most gear has been great one can actually judge them based on a crappy hat. If they can’t quality control their stupid hats then what else are they not doing quality control on?!

The patch on the hat was stitched on in California. I’ve worn KUIU for a long time and while most gear has been great one can actually judge them based on a crappy hat. If they can’t quality control their stupid hats then what else are they not doing quality control on?!
All products produced by every manufacturer has some level of flaws. Some are deemed acceptable, some get caught and the product is pulled before being sent out, and others slip through the cracks.

A functional adult would contact the seller, explain the situation, and see about getting the situation rectified. But functional adults have become rarer than ammo and reloading components.

OP
C
Look,I wasn’t bashing them at all,i just ask a ?.
I was just asking because like most guys on here want a certain item.Most guys like the 112 hat for a reason.I like gold tip velocity xt arrows but if they sent a knock off when i ordered that certain arrow i would be concerned as well.
I have contacted kuiu and they were unaware so thats why i ask.They should be aware if its 30 doller hat or a 600 doller pack.

Spoonman

WKR
All products produced by every manufacturer has some level of flaws. Some are deemed acceptable, some get caught and the product is pulled before being sent out, and others slip through the cracks.

A functional adult would contact the seller, explain the situation, and see about getting the situation rectified. But functional adults have become rarer than ammo and reloading components.
The op literally asked a question? I’m not sure how one would peg someone as a non functional adult based on his question?Maybe he did start a return/refund or maybe he didn’t but who gives a shit? He asked a question and that’s it, he didn’t bash or talk shit. So many keyboard police tuff guys it ridiculous. People simply answering his question would have been far more functional than the other responses.

The op literally asked a question? I’m not sure how one would peg someone as a non functional adult based on his question?Maybe he did start a return/refund or maybe he didn’t but who gives a shit? He asked a question and that’s it, he didn’t bash or talk shit. So many keyboard police tuff guys it ridiculous. People simply answering his question would have been far more functional than the other responses.

Hopefully this response is aligned with your guidance.

None of my Kuiu products have had production flaws that prevented them from being used as intended. While there have been the occasional threads that are unnecessarily long, I personally find it easier to to just burn off rather than raise public concerns about Kuiu’s quality going down hill.

However, I am enraged that Kuiu cannot sew their products to where their patterns perfectly align on the seams. Damn. I now need to be outraged with Kryptek and Sitka as they too have the same issue. Faulty sewing is to blame, which renders the camo worthless, which is why I’ve been busted by animals while wearing their clothes!!
249075EC-EFED-444D-B3E0-B4E6225944E6.jpeg

I’m further enraged that Kuiu cannot sew a more pronounced “R” on their socks. It gets even worse once worn. This is just unacceptable.

A7973DCA-45A5-413A-83B6-1C6CEE706791.jpeg
I honestly don’t give a flip that the patterns don’t line up as well as how they sew their “R”. Since no product is perfect, it is easy enough to find a flaw to complain about if so inclined.

2531usmc

WKR
what the heck is a “Richardson 112” hat and how is it different from any other random hat from Walmart?

Is Richardson the brand name and 112 the model number. Is a Richardson 112 hat different from a Richardson 120 hat? Is a Richardson 224 hat twice as good as a Richardson 112 hat?

I probably need to understand these issues before I purchase another hat from Kuiu!

I have a lot of Kuiu clothing and had 3 hats. The hats have all been terrible. I’ve gotten two for free and one I purchased and whoever made them had never seen a human head. The clothing has all been great. I wouldn't judge their gear based off a hat. While they are a clothing company, their hats are just non technical merch. In my mind it’d be like judging swaro by the quality of their hats.

MT_Wyatt

WKR

No haven’t noticed it. Like others have noted I’ve had some bad hats from them.

What the hell is the rest of this stuff in this thread? Non-functional adults? I mean it’s Rokslide. Take that crap somewhere else, no reason to hassle the OP, he just asked a question and made a broad statement. Totally possible to say “no” without going scorched earth in rhetoric.

OP
C
I agree,i try to always bring something useful or positive or just keep to myself.I can handle getting hammered if it’s deserved or take criticism when need.I wish the moderators would take care of these people,they seem to tarnish every fourm with the childish responses.Think god i dont hunt with them!
Im done

Titan_Bow

WKR
I picked up some Kuiu stuff this year. A merino 145 hoody has basically fallen apart after a week of spring bear, 2 weeks of elk hunting a couple whitetail hunts. Holes all through it, worn through where my backpack hip belt rides on it. In contrast, I also got chugach set that seems really well made, but in full disclosure havent out it to any extended use.
Nothing about it is “amazing quality”, I don’t think it’s any better or worse than other higher end hunting or outdoor clothing. I won’t buy any more of it at full price, except for maybe the zip off bottoms , as that’s my favorite piece from them!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DEEF

Lil-Rokslider
:-D
If you preceive Kuiu is going to go limp on the value that distinguished them from the dictatorship led labor producers enabling "wal mart" types of business to dominate hunting clothing sales before Kuiu entered the industry, you need to think more closely about what it takes to produce anything of qualtiy and distinction while staying "competitive" with a commerce system which shuns those values for the benefit of stockholders supporting cheap material and high volume business models.

Unfortunately, we hear complaints like the above and if it's not that we hear people complaining about the Kuiu cost. When in reality, these folks are just oblivious to what truly defines "quality", "cost" and how a business can even exist in this slave driven commerce system controlled by banksters and their minions.

Additionally, if you take a moment to dive into to the true motivators of any given business, you'll undoubetly learn to assess what methods/actions the company is using to ensure their Values are consistently producing Their Objectives. And, you will pay attention to how their marketing is being actualized. Kuiu's no BS warranty and return policy exemplifies their committment to providing the best quality. They have stated in their "insider" presentations that they prioritize the sourcing of American made raw materials.
The fact of cheap China products is not exclusively a Kuiu issue, it's a commerce designed outcome which the wealthy, and quality ignorant, ushered into the American marketplace. And, this has made it difficult for businesses who prioritize quality and American manufacturing.

Their dversified product lineup might have a defect or mass made product in there, but they undoubtedly will address your concern and provide you with a transparent response. A industrially produced hat might not be the benmark to which you assess the value committment and quality control standards that a company consistently preforms year to year. It's also possible that they tried out a new vendor and the vendor failed. Rather than trashing it, they gifted it or sold it for $15. Hardly a "going downhill" cause for concern.

Hard to atain perfect as a manufacturer or consumer, but I've used their pro-fit blaze orange hat as seen in my profile pic for 4 years and I'll probably use it another year; which will have cost me 10 notes/year. Notes which I believe are well on their way to being as valueable as toilet paper.

Trial153

WKR
This place is Turning into douchebag central. Considering this forum has historically been gear focused , quality control has always been a germane topic especially in regards to the outdoor brands we use. If shoddy workmen-ship can’t be Discussed without people turning into fanboy asshats then what’s the point of if this place?

DEEF

Lil-Rokslider
Discussed without people turning into fanboy asshats then what’s the point of if this place?
If you want the forum to maintain a quality of constructive and helpful input, you should add something analytically intelligent to the thread rather than be little your fellow hunters.

mlgc20

WKR
I have quite a bit of Kuiu gear. I haven't noticed any decline in quality. However, I've never had good luck with their hats. Either uncomfortable or just look weird. I would expect a Richardson hat to be an improvement over their previous offerings.