Let's See Your Semi-Custom Tikka Builds

I have seen a lot of Tikka prefits for sale. Does screwing on a quality prefit tend to produce good results or do Tikka need the actions worked? I have heard the actions are usually pretty true.

Last edited:

fatbacks

WKR
I screwed on a Tikka prefit last week with no trueing, cleaned and went to the range. After fouling this was my first group with factory 147 ELDM:
d7bcb0f9cf39c5c995aeffaf29465e6d.png

First group with factory 143 ELDX:
0d0ec55ccc9f2b1b8548521cf45a6512.png

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

khuber84

WKR
I screwed on a Tikka prefit last week with no trueing, cleaned and went to the range. After fouling this was my first group with factory 147 ELDM:
Who's prefit? Looks to shoot quite well. I'm thinking bout doing one up for factory ammo/truck gun.

fatbacks

WKR
Who's prefit? Looks to shoot quite well. I'm thinking bout doing one up for factory ammo/truck gun.

Proof Carbon Chambered in 6.5 PRC. Surprised how well it shoots and might not even do load development for this one.

mt100gr.

WKR
Proof Carbon Chambered in 6.5 PRC. Surprised how well it shoots and might not even do load development for this one.

You guys going the Tikka prefit route - how are you removing the factory barrels? What tools? DIY? I only ask because I have heard that they can be a real bear to pull - specifically the Tikkas.

fatbacks

WKR
Mine was a prefit....carbonsix, cheaper than proof. Shoots just as good. Awesome barrels.

I want to try out a carbon six at some point.

For the military/veteran folks you can get a discount deal on two Proof Barrels each year. That’s the route I went.

RAM190Hog

Lil-Rokslider
Awesome rifles here. Looking for feedback on stock choice. My build starts w Tikka T3X .30-06, ordered a Proof Prefit Barrel, sendero contour. Planning a VX-3 or 5 up top. My goal is a reasonably light versatile mountain rifle.

Based on my research my options for Tikka inlet, and Proof Sendero include:

AGC Privateer, Alpine Hunter
McMillan Game Hunter, Game Warden
Mesa Altitude (although it sounds like production of Tikka inletting may be on hold)
Wildcat? Not sure if Barrel channel avail

I like the Privateer, but I feel the 28” stock is too short for a 24” Barrel. Leaning towards the McMillan Game Warden or AGC Alpine Hunter.

I’ve never owned a rifle w more vertical stock, is it still appropriate for mountain hunts?

Also have concerns about balance. The Proof Sendero is actually roughly 1/2 lb heavier than the stock Tikka Barrel. Would a slightly heavier stock be more appropriate to prevent the rifle from being to muzzle heavy? Or would that not be a factor?

Thanks for any advice or recommendations.