LRI's hard case shipping requirement

For barreled actions, I ship in a PVC tube with end caps (screw in on one end), or fishing rod case. Very easy to pack, and they have to be hand moved at the post office due to their size/shape. Tubes don't move through their system well.

And Pirate Ship is the way to go.

Jeremy

For barreled actions, I ship in a PVC tube with end caps (screw in on one end), or fishing rod case. Very easy to pack, and they have to be hand moved at the post office due to their size/shape. Tubes don't move through their system well.

And Pirate Ship is the way to go.

Jeremy

Hand moved you say? I’m envisioning a few aspiring olympians practicing the javelin throw in a few warehouses.

Like many others have already done, I'm getting ready to send in a Tikka barreled action to LRI for Cerakoting and after reading their shipping info I'm curious how people have shipped their barreled actions in hard cases as LRI wants.

The simplest answer seems to be to put the parts in my pelican case and see if I can get a box from Cabela's that's large enough for the Pelican, but this seems like I'll end up paying a hefty shipping price as well.

I'm not trying to the world's biggest cheapskate or a smart ass, but I am legitimately wondering if I could pad the barreled action and put it in some schedule 40 PVC with end caps, pack the PVC inside a cardboard box, and meet their hard case requirement.

What do y'all think?

Some folks on gunbroker ship rifles in a hard case. Buy a rifle from one of those guys. You now have a free case to ship your stuff to LRI

I ordered a cheap Plano of amazon. Came in a large cardboard box. I shipped my rifle to LRI in the case and box. I would imagine whatever case dimensions you need for your barreled action, that case would come in a cardboard box from Amazon. You would have everything you need then.

Back