Meateater season 9

If you can just drive up to it on a golf cart and take your pick then I'd consider it high fence. ALl the same though, Texas seems like a terrible place.

What you really want to say is you don't want to hunt any none migratory animal, (outside of limited diaperal of course), nor any improved habitat that would warrant a higher carrying capacity thus a higher population area aka private land.

Makes sense, I get it. I Just see your original statement obviously different then you

Will_m

WKR
What you really want to say is you don't want to hunt any none migratory animal, (outside of limited diaperal of course), nor any improved habitat that would warrant a higher carrying capacity thus a higher population area aka private land.

Makes sense, I get it. I Just see your original statement obviously different then you

How is migration or improved habitat relevant here?

How is migration or improved habitat relevant here?

Very relevant in context. He doesn’t want to be able to shoot animals from trucks, then one has to go where there are no roads. If he views the numbers of animals on the land as also a limiting factor in his hunting desires then he needs to hunt marginal habitat or where animals don’t congregate as a year round core area, which typically isn’t large private ranches or non migratory animals.

I get what he is saying, as I feel same way with Pronghorns, my hunt time average is higher driving out before daylight then actually hunting time, pronghorns I hunt don’t migrate so I watch them grow every day. One of the places I hunt mule deer is same way, I see them year after year, watch them grow old, they aren’t HF’d, they just have all resources they need and no harsh winters so they don’t migrate. Not your type of hunt cool, I get it but no point and being derogatory in connotation.

Last edited:
FYI, Meateater uploaded the first two episodes of S1 on YouTube. I'm assuming they're going to upload the entire first season on a weekly basis.

I lost all respect for the Meateater franchise when they started peddling false and unethical information in some of their podcasts this past summer, under the guise of "journalism".

100%. It totally seemed that episode ended too fast - to the point i checked the time and was like “2 minutes left?”

I think part 2 will be that he finds the wounded bull and finishes it off...

Starts like this:

“As dejected as I was from losing the bull, like a fisherman telling his pals ‘just one more cast,’ i just had to put in one more try at finding the bull. And as if the gods of hunting were smiling down on my persistence and decided to reward my effort, I picked up some movement in a grove of aspens about 200 yards off. With hope at a chance for redemption, I grabbed my glasses to get a better look, and sure enough, it was the wounded bull.”

Cue the intro...

I don’t know how but you made that sound dead on like Steve... that would be awesome too

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: ODB
I can manage since it’s free content. Not sure what YouTube premium costs, but it’s more than I’m willing to pay.

I had it and it was more than I am willing to pay anymore. I think it was called YouTube RED, I can’t remember but there was something about it that made it not all it was cracked up to be

I lost all respect for the Meateater franchise when they started peddling false and unethical information in some of their podcasts this past summer, under the guise of "journalism".

Would you mind expounding on that, I am trying to remember anything that stuck out to me as falling into those categories. I am very new to hunting so maybe that is why I missed what you are referencing